Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I get one good reason Treadwell is on the team in 2018?
I'm asking....

Andy‏Verified account @AndyCarlsonShow 2m2 minutes ago
More
Telling that Wright significantly outsnapped Treadwell (37 to 15) vs Saints.

Because he's consistently been getting much better separation this year, seems well liked in the locker room, and has largely been limited by both Thielen and Diggs dominating the outsides of the field. 

Depth.  This is a violent game.  Look how long it took Trae Waynes to figure it out (3rd season).  
I'm actually glad that Jarius has been getting more snaps this year.  How many years ago were we faced with such roster placeholder WRs as...Koren Robinson, Troy Williamson...want me to go on?

But you asked, and I answer...depth.

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
Because he's consistently been getting much better separation this year, seems well liked in the locker room, and has largely been limited by both Thielen and Diggs dominating the outsides of the field. 
Interesting question... It seems like Wright is always open... How is it possible that guy is constantly in the doghouse?

Because he's third on the depth chart and took a nice step forward in his 2nd season.  It wasn't that long ago that WR's often took 2-3 years to realize their potential.  Fact is that is still the case more often than not.

I don't think he will be.  Or at the very least he shouldn't be.  I need to go and find my post from last week where I was betting a 12 pack that he would be off the team by next season.  I think I had at least one taker.

Also, during the last and most crucial play of the game on Sunday, it was also very telling that it was Wright who was out on the field, not Treadwell.

On a positive note, Wright continues to make plays when he is on the field, I'm glad to finally see him getting on the field more.

Quote: @"Clanzomaelan" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
Interesting question... It seems like Wright is always open... How is it possible that guy is constantly in the doghouse?
I don't think he's necessarily in the doghouse. Its more about how the roster has unfolded. The thing with Wright is that you can use him out of the slot and the Vikings wanted to run bunch formation against the Saints defense to cause confusion. Treadwell is purely an outside receiver, which limits his use with that type of game plan. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"Clanzomaelan" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
I don't think he's necessarily in the doghouse. Its more about how the roster has unfolded. The thing with Wright is that you can use him out of the slot and the Vikings wanted to run bunch formation against the Saints defense to cause confusion. Treadwell is purely an outside receiver, which limits his use with that type of game plan. 
Exactly.  People bitch about Treadwell getting too many snaps in other games and now think his lower snap count is something to prove them right about him being a bust. 

The best thing about this offense is its ability to adapt and use different personnel.  Treadwell had a role in this game, but it was smaller because Shurmur wanted to exploit something else.  If his snaps go back up this week, I am sure this twit Carlson won't find it "telling".

Theilen came in the league and tore it up his first and second year as well.  Dude nearly set records as a rookie.

I imagine Tready is on the team because there isn't someone else taking his roster spot.  He's looked much better as of late as well.  I can't imagine Floyd sticking around to be our 4-5th receiver next year so Treadwell will get his chances. 

So many excuses for this guy. You'd think with all the coverage geared toward Thielen/Diggs, he'd get some sneaky catches or a TD or two. Nope. Nada.