Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer announces Keenum to start Thursday in Detroit
Quote: @holmanjp said:
Maybe I'm getting boards/sites mixed up.
Someone chime in.

Was there not discussion on this site, about getting Ted to start.
Even if it meant losing some games this year, to see what he has. Haven't seen that.
That to me is shitting on the Winning QB 

It is my opinion that Zim wants Ted.
Also my opinion Shurmur is doing everything in his power to showcase Case to continue being the starter. Don't see that either.

Or heaven forbid he gets a HC job next season. To take Case with him.
Zimmer and the other coaches must like what they see in Teddy.  Otherwise the controversy would be over.  So that is what fuels speculation. 

Now I have seen people saying Zimmer has a crush on teddy and that love is clouding up his reason.  That is rather absurd IMO.

Quote: @greediron said:
@holmanjp said:
Someone chime in.

Even if it meant losing some games this year, to see what he has. Haven't seen that.

Also my opinion Shurmur is doing everything in his power to showcase Case to continue being the starter. Don't see that either.

Zimmer and the other coaches must like what they see in Teddy.  Otherwise the controversy would be over.  So that is what fuels speculation. 

Now I have seen people saying Zimmer has a crush on teddy and that love is clouding up his reason.  That is rather absurd IMO.
This is what Shurmur has to say.

Shurmur said he’s seen Keenum, who is 5-2 as a starter this season, make improvements each week.“That’s what happens when you get a guy that plays game, after game, after game,” Shurmur said. “He’s earned the trust of players he plays with, the team, the coaches, and we’re looking forward to him going out this week and even playing better.”

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Pr...52eb1981cc

No, no need to watch that.  I know it was a bad injury.  But he is back playing in the NFL after a 1 1/2 of rehab.  So yes, it was bad, he is recovered.

Secondly, aside from 1 or 2 bit posters, nobody is praying that Case gets hurt or has a bad game and we lose.  Anyone wishing for that is certifiable and not a viking fan.  Nobody here is shitting on Case.

Your hyperbole just ratchets up the crap.  Some of us are of the opinion that Case may be at his peak and may not be able to sustain his play.  It is an opinion as none of us know that.  Some are of the opinion that Teddy was not a good QB and won't be better than Case.  That is an opinion as well.  There is only one opinion that matters, and that is of Zimmer (and the other coaches) as to what happens. 

But don't spew the crap that we are hitting our knees wasting prayers that our starting QB has a bad game.  That is just nonsense.
@holmanjp said:
Someone chime in.

He's back, but NO he's not playing.

There is no controversy, maybe here and in the media, but there is no controversy that Zimmer or anyone has to clear up.  

Yes there was people saying we have to Start Teddy "no matter what"  we have to start/play him to see what we have.  Could it be possible that the coaches and players all saw what happened to his leg, and are amazed that he's back?  that he can walk?  It has to be pretty dang remarkable to have him there.  Teddy himself was in tears on the sideline just to be there!  I hope he's able to play, but I hope we don't have to see it.   I hope Case and this team continues to improve, continues to win.  How great is it that we have Teddy in our back pocket.