Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer announces Keenum to start Thursday in Detroit
https://kfan.iheart.com/content/2017-11-21-zimmer-announces-case-keenum-to-start-thursday-in-detroit/://

Zimmer announces Case Keenum to start Thursday in Detroit

It's been a bit of a weekly debate for the Minnesota Vikings all season but with the early week game in Detroit we've already got an answer for the starting quarterback on Thanksgiving day.
Based off of his play the past few weeks, it shouldn't be a surprise, but head coach Mike Zimmer officially announced that Case Keenum will be the starter against the Lions.

well there goes the drama this week....  i wonder if anybody really thought there was going to be debate on it this week?

I heard Sloter was looking really good in the walk through on Monday. So I was thinking maybe we give Sloter a start on Thanksgiving and see how he does.

im confident its the right call by Z.  if and when he pits teddy in i will feel the same way

He better be starting...  I was planning to start him in fantasy football AGAIN this week!!!
BOOM

No way? Really? Of course he is starting. 

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
He better be starting...  I was planning to start him in fantasy football AGAIN this week!!!
BOOM
Me too

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
well there goes the drama this week....  i wonder if anybody really thought there was going to be debate on it this week?
I want what they're smoking if they did...

Case has earned this right until he stumbles.  And, it would not be right if his leash is so short that he loses his position if he loses and throws 2 picks.  Teddy and Sam wouldn't have a leash that short, nor should Keenum

Quote: @"Tom Moore" said:
Case has earned this right until he stumbles.  And, it would not be right if his leash is so short that he loses his position if he loses and throws 2 picks.  Teddy and Sam wouldn't have a leash that short, nor should Keenum
Well I totally disagree with that. Starters will always get longer leashes.

But I think we're missing the point in this announcement. The news isn't that Case will be starting. The news is the announcement itself. It's basically Zimmer reminding everyone that this is temporary.