Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Levis
Quote: @bigbone62 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@bigbone62 said:
@JR44 said:
@Zanary said:
I don't know why some are mooning over the kid so much, that last pick was a nearly identical pass to a near-pick moments earlier...and he looks OK, strong, and so on, but I'm not seeing flashes of brilliance or anything...?!
You mean the desperation passes he had to make because they were down by 4 with no timeouts and could only throw the ball into the end zone.  But yeah let's totally negate the fact he had instant pressure most plays, moved around in the pocket great, avoided pressure, made some impressive throws while on the run.  Nice try though  =)

Amazing how when other QBs have instant pressure it's "nothing he could do because of pressure". But when a certain QB had years of historically poor blocking by franchise standards,   it's an excuse.

As an aside I found play calling for the second to last drive interesting. Either the OC is trash, or doesn't trust Levis in crunch time. 3:56 left down 4,  the play selection was trick play run, run, draw, pass on 4th and 4. Gotta let that franchise QB cook. 

Regardless, I'll wait more than two games to form a serious opinion, good or bad. Let alone invent back handed ways to knock the Vikes GM for not drafting the franchise QB some in this thread have annoinited him to be 
I'd be curious to know the real reason as to why we were swayed away from Levis. It was reported by everyone that we were heavily looking at QB's in this draft and if I'm not mistaken had Levis in for a visit. 

The ideal thing would have been to use that additiinal first round pick we acquired in the massive trade down with Detroit in the prior draft to take Levis in addition to Addison. Oooops nevermind...

Do tell, what tinfoil hate type theory do you have as to why they didn't take him? While you are at it, does that theory also apply to every other team that passed on him in the first 32 picks? Not like there aren't QB desperate teams or anything thrilled to over draft on QB. Ah yes the Detroit trade down. The lions really fleeced MN on that trade huh? They got a franchise WR much in how Levis is a franchise QB after two games..
No idea, which is why I said I'd love to know the thought process as to why we didn't take him. Not that he's done a lot. But we supposedly scouted this quarterback crop pretty thoroughly so I'd just be interested. 

And what Detroit did with the pick is irrelevant. We did not get proper value in the trade down and an extra high draft pick would have given us some leverage. If you wanted to play the "what did they get" game, we got Lewis Cine. Enough said...

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@bigbone62 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@bigbone62 said:
@JR44 said:
@Zanary said:
I don't know why some are mooning over the kid so much, that last pick was a nearly identical pass to a near-pick moments earlier...and he looks OK, strong, and so on, but I'm not seeing flashes of brilliance or anything...?!
You mean the desperation passes he had to make because they were down by 4 with no timeouts and could only throw the ball into the end zone.  But yeah let's totally negate the fact he had instant pressure most plays, moved around in the pocket great, avoided pressure, made some impressive throws while on the run.  Nice try though  =)

Amazing how when other QBs have instant pressure it's "nothing he could do because of pressure". But when a certain QB had years of historically poor blocking by franchise standards,   it's an excuse.

As an aside I found play calling for the second to last drive interesting. Either the OC is trash, or doesn't trust Levis in crunch time. 3:56 left down 4,  the play selection was trick play run, run, draw, pass on 4th and 4. Gotta let that franchise QB cook. 

Regardless, I'll wait more than two games to form a serious opinion, good or bad. Let alone invent back handed ways to knock the Vikes GM for not drafting the franchise QB some in this thread have annoinited him to be 
I'd be curious to know the real reason as to why we were swayed away from Levis. It was reported by everyone that we were heavily looking at QB's in this draft and if I'm not mistaken had Levis in for a visit. 

The ideal thing would have been to use that additiinal first round pick we acquired in the massive trade down with Detroit in the prior draft to take Levis in addition to Addison. Oooops nevermind...

Do tell, what tinfoil hate type theory do you have as to why they didn't take him? While you are at it, does that theory also apply to every other team that passed on him in the first 32 picks? Not like there aren't QB desperate teams or anything thrilled to over draft on QB. Ah yes the Detroit trade down. The lions really fleeced MN on that trade huh? They got a franchise WR much in how Levis is a franchise QB after two games..
No idea, which is why I said I'd love to know the thought process as to why we didn't take him. Not that he's done a lot. But we supposedly scouted this quarterback crop pretty thoroughly so I'd just be interested. 

And what Detroit did with the pick is irrelevant. We did not get proper value in the trade down and an extra high draft pick would have given us some leverage. If you wanted to play the "what did they get" game, we got Lewis Cine. Enough said...

Safe to say the reason they didn't take him is similar to why every other team passed on him. But I'm sure an interwebs GM such as yourself put far more resources into the pick than every single team in the NFL opting to not draft him in the first.

As for the Det trade, irelevant? Talk about the set up to a real lame ass strawman response. Lol, so in the real world no one actually won a trade. But because one team didn't get enough value based on an antiquated formula from the 90's, that most teams abandoned years ago. One team actually lost? Keep reaching for excuses to obsess about the GM. 

Quote: @bigbone62 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@bigbone62 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@bigbone62 said:
@JR44 said:
@Zanary said:

Safe to say the reason they didn't take him is similar to why every other team passed on him. But I'm sure an interwebs GM such as yourself put far more resources into the pick than every single team in the NFL opting to not draft him in the first.

As for the Det trade, irelevant? Talk about the set up to a real lame ass strawman response. Lol, so in the real world no one actually won a trade. But because one team didn't get enough value based on an antiquated formula from the 90's, that most teams abandoned years ago. One team actually lost? Keep reaching for excuses to obsess about the GM. 
I'm just curious as to why he was passed on, not only by us, but by every team in the first round. It was rumored before the draft he could have landed anywhere in the first round and not many had him sliding into the second round. There are you happy now? I'm not bashing on our pick in Addison (who's been great) or that we should have taken Levis over him. I'm just generally curious as to the reason we passed when it was reported we did major homework on all the quarterbacks including Levis. 

And the Lions tradedown was bullshit and we certainly could have used the picks we SHOULD have gotten in any rational trade down value to help us maneuver the draft board better in this last draft instead of taking Addison than having to wait until the end of the 3rd round to pick again. If we would have gotten market value maybe we could have moved up to take Levis or another prospect to contribute immediately. That's why I say who the Lions drafted with the pick is irrelevant because we didn't receive fair value in the trade down. Keep reaching on trying to justify it 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@supafreak84 said:
I think he's done really well considering he is playing behind a makeshift offensive line ravaged by injuries and his only real weapons are an aging Derrick Henry and DeAndre Hopkins. I think you surround him with better talent and more weapons and he could really take off 
LOL.... only Derrick Henry and DeAndre Hopkins.... only. =)
lol, yeah....Derrick Henry already has over 600 yards rushing. 

He is not the Henry of 3-4 years ago.  Less power, less ability to break through/past defenders.  Maybe a little less speed.

There's no position on the field where you can see the rapid decline so vividly as you can with rb's, particularly guys like Henry and Cook whose teams had them pounding it 400x/year in their primes.  Which in turn helps explain the current situation with paying big money contracts to older rb's.

Quote: @JR44 said:
@Zanary said:
No, I mean the aimed, tightly-spiraled, twice-to-the-same-spot passes that first were nearly picked before being picked.

He did OK for a rookie, is obviously strong and might develop into something...but the kid I saw, against a distinctly "meh" Steelers team that's not impressive this year, looked like...a kid.

Nothing bad or wrong with that, but I do think there's something to the mooning over him having a touch of "...if only KAM had..." quality involved.

Quote: @Zanary said:
@JR44 said:
@Zanary said:
Nothing bad or wrong with that, but I do think there's something to the mooning over him having a touch of "...if only KAM had..." quality involved.
Let's see how the season plays out with Hall for us and Levis for the Titans, but "if only KAM had..." might be a legitimate discussion point come seasons end

@Zanary said:
@JR44 said:
@Zanary said:
Let's see how the season plays out with Hall for us and Levis for the Titans, but "if only KAM had..." might be a legitimate discussion point come seasons end
I'll be also counting Addison's TD/yard totals during that time.

@supafreak84 said:
@Zanary said:
@JR44 said:
@Zanary said:
That's fine, but again this isn't a "we should gave taken Levis over Addison" argument. It's an "if we would have managed things better in the prior draft, we might have had the ammunition to grab both" argument. 

@Zanary said:
@supafreak84 said:
@Zanary said:
@JR44 said:
@Zanary said:
That's fine, but again this isn't a "we should gave taken Levis over Addison" argument. It's an "if we would have managed things better in the prior draft, we might have had the ammunition to grab both" argument. 
Oh, good grief, what a resounding waste of time and energy.

Comparing long-past picks with hindsight is as useless as wondering how a QB "missed that open receiver" the armchair QB was able to see with a dozen elevated cameras, slow-motion replay, and without 1000 lbs of people trying to stuff him into the turf.

Just call it the "KAM didn't agree with my mock draft and I'm butthurt enough to require a case of Preparation H" argument, folks.  Damn...!

@supafreak84 said:
@Zanary said:
@supafreak84 said:
@Zanary said:
@JR44 said:
@Zanary said:
Oh, good grief, what a resounding waste of time and energy.

Comparing long-past picks with hindsight is as useless as wondering how a QB "missed that open receiver" the armchair QB was able to see with a dozen elevated cameras, slow-motion replay, and without 1000 lbs of people trying to stuff him into the turf.

Just call it the "KAM didn't agree with my mock draft and I'm butthurt enough to require a case of Preparation H" argument, folks.  Damn...!

Lol you may not hold our green GM accountable for anything he does, but not getting more value in that ridiculous trade down hindered our ability to maneuver the draft board last April. That's just fact. If that fires your ass up maybe you are the one in need of the Preperation H