Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Hock signs new deal with Minnesota
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"RS Express" said:
Cue for the people who were bitching that Kwesi wasn't getting contracts done to start bitching that Kwest overpaid.

Perhaps one reason JJ is the last negotiation standing is because unlike Hunter and Hock, he already had a payday in the bag for next year with his 5th year option being about $24 million. Another possibility is that with the "next man up" getting the biggest deal, maybe JJ wants to try and wait out JaMarr Chase next offseason.  Instead off JJ signing now and Chase topping him next spring, maybe Chase signs first and JJ leapfrogs him?
If you're referring to me (and/or Supa)...  I'll take a thank you for my part in getting Hock signed to an extension.

I mean it's pretty clear my cyber bitching about Kwesi not having extended or re-signed any current Vikings was the catalyst for this.  :-D

As far as the contract, I'm perfectly fine with it.  It's dumb to call it an overpay until you see the actual contract details. As someone posted above, we got him signed now in his prime with the option to extend after 3 years and it isn't going to blow up our cap situation.  Glad we got to this done because it would have sucked to not have him in the fold to start the season.

BOOM
Thank you for your service, lol.

You're most welcome, Sticky. *salutes*

BOOM

I think Hock fell in love with Minnesota from Day 1 of the trade: the organization, players, fans, facilities, the city, coaches, etc. Felt instantly at home. 

I think Hock fell in love with Minnesota from Day 1 of the trade: the organization, players, fans, facilities, the city, coaches, etc. Felt instantly at home. 
Lots to like about the Org.  But I think he also fell in love with an offense that would get him paid.  

Alright Hock and friends. Lets go win this Mfer. 

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Lots to like about the Org.  But I think he also fell in love with an offense that would get him paid.  
lets not over-complicate things... he was in Detroit.

@"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Man....we've really turned into a group of snippy bitches, lol. Isn't football supposed to be fun to watch? And here we are taking names and ready to nail pelts to the wall.

Hey....our favorite team is getting ready to play its 1st game of the year in 11 days. Let's all do this, including myself:

[Image: 3qzg9h.jpg]
[Image: proxy-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.exp...80f67017a4]

Welcome to the offseason pal.  Wait until the season starts. 
You know what I think? I think some fans just want to tear it all down if they don't have a top 3 QB. 
Are you suggesting that we don't have a top 3 QB? Thems fightin words!  :p

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Not over-complicating it.  But yeah, he loves having an offense that will showcase his talents.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Not over-complicating it.  But yeah, he loves having an offense that will showcase his talents.
I still go with the Detroit hypothesis Smile

Vikings have an estimated $47.56M in cap space in 2024, per OTC.

That INCLUDES potential void year hits for Kirk ($28.5M) and Danielle ($14.9M).