• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone started using Threads?
Happy has been removed from the thread.

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"medaille" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
So I guess you two also believe that the last election was rigged.  I would for sure expect that from Waterboy, but not so much from Medaille.  I don't believe that Jan 6th attack was "allowed" to happen, but if so, it would make me believe it was the lame duck POTUS in charge and his appointees that would make it so.  That guy didn't care if the VP was killed that day or not (Hang Mike Pence! Hang Mike Pence!).  I'm sure you two where smiling the entire time with your MAGA hats on - Congrats America!
Just for my own curiosity, how does Ray Epps fit into your
understanding of the situation and why are so many other people going to jail,
etc. but he seems to be removed from that consideration despite being very
vocal in instigating stuff.

I had to Google Ray Epps, so I don't have much of an opinion.  My guess is he's an idiot, and if Fox News was reporting anything, it was a lie just to gain ratings and rile up their crazy viewers.
Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"Bullazin" said:
i guess i got too serious about it and missed the humor of it. These issues obviously didnt arise with one particular group, its just my experience and understanding of it. 

Its clear this issue can only get worse and solutions will be almost impossible. Im no historian, but Rome and other great empires fell, and I see this happening here eventually, lacking divine intervention or extraterrestrial enlightenment of some sort 
I would say it has already is at least happening or more probably has already happened.
I agree,  we are still a great nation,   but look how far we've fallen in the last couple decades.  We went from being the global face of democracy to a laughing stock of woke reactions and laws.  Americans don't take our own government serious,  how could we expect the world to respect us?
 I think Jan 6th was the turning point to our Democracy being questioned.  We had an ex-president lie about a rigged election then gathered up his blind, idiot followers to attack the Nation's Capital.  To me that did more to destroy our democracy and America's respect than trying to get all the racists and bigots in our country to open their eyes and see and accept others that are different from white christian Americans.
Lol,  yea,   it was Jan 6th.,  if that was when you started to take notice I think you are either in your early 20s and just started paying attention, or you've had one hell of a nap the last 20 years. 
well you gotta admit 1/6 was a punch in the gut to sanity. Nut job right winger felons believing the election was stolen, what a shitshow and embarrassment to our country. 
the embarrassment started long before Trump or Jan 6th,  dem run cities burning, druggies all over shitting in the streets,  killing and raping while the local law enforcement is ordered to stand down...yeah,  that is a shining star for America all right.  Obama making remarks out of ignorance and creating martyrs out of criminals inciting more violence and worse,  team red is not innocent  in the shit show either,  but if you want to talk about felons,  I think the blue team has done more to damage to global image of the US in recent times than anybody in its history.

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"medaille" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
So I guess you two also believe that the last election was rigged.  I would for sure expect that from Waterboy, but not so much from Medaille.  I don't believe that Jan 6th attack was "allowed" to happen, but if so, it would make me believe it was the lame duck POTUS in charge and his appointees that would make it so.  That guy didn't care if the VP was killed that day or not (Hang Mike Pence! Hang Mike Pence!).  I'm sure you two where smiling the entire time with your MAGA hats on - Congrats America!

I had to Google Ray Epps, so I don't have much of an opinion.  My guess is he's an idiot, and if Fox News was reporting anything, it was a lie just to gain ratings and rile up their crazy viewers.
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"Bullazin" said:
i guess i got too serious about it and missed the humor of it. These issues obviously didnt arise with one particular group, its just my experience and understanding of it. 

Its clear this issue can only get worse and solutions will be almost impossible. Im no historian, but Rome and other great empires fell, and I see this happening here eventually, lacking divine intervention or extraterrestrial enlightenment of some sort 
I would say it has already is at least happening or more probably has already happened.
I agree,  we are still a great nation,   but look how far we've fallen in the last couple decades.  We went from being the global face of democracy to a laughing stock of woke reactions and laws.  Americans don't take our own government serious,  how could we expect the world to respect us?
 I think Jan 6th was the turning point to our Democracy being questioned.  We had an ex-president lie about a rigged election then gathered up his blind, idiot followers to attack the Nation's Capital.  To me that did more to destroy our democracy and America's respect than trying to get all the racists and bigots in our country to open their eyes and see and accept others that are different from white christian Americans.
Lol,  yea,   it was Jan 6th.,  if that was when you started to take notice I think you are either in your early 20s and just started paying attention, or you've had one hell of a nap the last 20 years. 
well you gotta admit 1/6 was a punch in the gut to sanity. Nut job right winger felons believing the election was stolen, what a shitshow and embarrassment to our country. 
its crazy to think anybody would question the integrity of the results of the last election considering the actions taken during the counting process across the questioned states.

[Image: democrats-no-evidence-voter-fraud-trying...C647&ssl=1]

@"medaille" said:
@"HappyViking" said:

So you strong feelings on J6, but have little understanding of anyone involved other than Trump.

Got it.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"medaille" said:
@"HappyViking" said:

So you strong feelings on J6, but have little understanding of anyone involved other than Trump.

Got it.
Happy was removed from the thread for flagrant comments so he wont be responding.

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"Bullazin" said:

January 6th was simply an extension of the division that has been fomenting for quite some time.  To be honest, the divisiveness within this Country escalated 4 years before with the whole Russian collusion narrative and Steele Dossier used to spy on and control an incoming Administration.  Everybody knew it was bs including Hillary, Biden and the Intelligence community.  Even after they left their positions, you had Comey and Brennan talking about it like it was a real thing.  How many thousands of hours did the MSM spend discussing Russian collusion up to and including the various penalties for Treason including death.  How much time in places such as this board?  Schiff and Co. would come out practically daily and tell you about the bad Russian/Trump things they had seen behind closed doors.  You want to know why the Right doesn't trust the government, look no further than that.  The Dems also overplayed their hands with the Impeachment hearings...and the Jan 6th committee.  Never had a President been denied counsel and the right to call their own witnesses in an Impeachment trial...but we don't do that with Trump.  Same thing for the Jan 6th committee.  You wonder why some on the Right don't trust the government?  Really?  Now we find out the government was directly involved with suppressing view points from the Right...even when they were correct.  Still wonder why they don't trust the government?

The 2020 election was riddled with issues.  Do I think it changed the outcome?...not likely.  But I do know we as a Country can do better to ensure our elections are fair...and we didn't do that in many areas.  Can we agree that NO ballots should be counted without observers from both parties.  There are precincts in Philly that haven't had a Republican observer in decades.  Regardless of what those ballots were all about in Fulton County...they should have been counted impartially.  Can we agree that all ballots need to be delivered in person or by properly verifiable mail.  Can we agree that every vote needs to count the same and election laws need to be followed universally.  Can we agree that no signature/no ID..no vote.  Can we agree that Zuckerbuck type activities should be banned? (well..I guess they are but we only enforce it with one party)  I know in WI we had several issues in the last election that hopefully have been prevented going forward (huge jump in permanently incapacitated...no signature or ID required, no oversight for Nursing home balloting (due to Covid), allowing heavily Democratic areas to "cure' improper ballots...and not in others.   One of my friend's mother was a lifetime Republican and is now in the latter stages of Alzheimer's.  My friend had medical power of attorney but had not received the legal  power of attorney.  Anyway, his Mom voted for Biden in the 2020 election.  Not much anybody could do about it since she couldn't remember what she had for breakfast  let alone who she voted for and why.

Every point of view has value...and needs to be treated as such.  Edit:  And that includes Happy's.  

Nut job right winger felons believing the election was stolen, what a shitshow and embarrassment to our country. 
Nut job left winger Dems:  "Hold our Bud Lites!"

Ah the perfectly groomed and cultivated echo chamber, good job Jimmy!

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
Ah the perfectly groomed and cultivated echo chamber, good job Jimmy!
Whats the matter,   you can't say anything without making personal attacks?  Feel free to make counter points if you can remain civil about it.  Its funny you bring up echo chamber as thats pretty much all this place was before a few of these posters showed up,  its just it echoed in a way that you approved of,  just like the woke cult,  as soon as there is opposition you get angry and lash out which is why I have been largely ignoring your back handed contributions.   Have a nice weekend,  or don't,  I dont really care.

Woke culture jabs, Qanon crazies, fomenting lies, lack of lifeguards at the gene pool? 

If we put as much energy into trying to find common ground vs just taking pot shots at each other? the country might be in a better place. 

The fissures in this country are what they always have been; race and socio/economics. It just gets amplified with the media and politicians.

And the race composition in the country continues to evolve. People of color are going to be the majority in the US during many of our lifetimes. That will have an impact on who our elected officials will be and most assuredly we'll see another black or our first hispanic president. 

We can all do better is what FDR, Kennedy and Reagan might just be preaching to us.