Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone started using Threads?
Twitter always creeped me out and I think is a huge time waster. 
And while I admire Elon Musk's intellect, his management style since taking over Twitter is a bit over the edge.
So I'm just curious about Threads.  I downloaded it this afternoon and just started taking the Tour.
They seem to be positioning it for work groups, kind of a replacement for Teams?
I don't know enough about it, frankly, and the less it replicates Twitter, probably the better.
Have you downloaded it yet?  Anyone?

Well I ain't going near anything under the Meta brand.  Of course I never use my twitter account either, so I am not their target.  

They will have to get my information the old method, no facebook or threads for me.  I hear that if you try to deactivate your threads account that it deletes your Instagram as well.  Which probably isn't a big loss.

Nope and likely wont,  from what I have read thus far is its setting itself up to be a home for those that got upset and left twitter when Musk started allowing opinions that went against a certain line of thought.  basically sounding like the XFL or USFL,  it will fill a niche market, but not likely to take down the more popular version.

I am not sure how much different this is from other apps,  or if it something that you can block access to without affecting the user experience,  but this is an interesting article on Threads.

https://www.outkick.com/mark-zuckerberg-...a-threads/

Not yet. I would probably switch if they can boost their content to comparable levels...

Sounds about as good for your physical and mental health as drinking, smoking and twitter. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Sounds about as good for your physical and mental health as drinking, smoking and twitter. 
I'd put tiktok, snapchat, facebook and instagram in that category. Those are just an opportunity for folks to submit to the world the person they want to be. But it's a false reality. What it does to teenage girls is heartbreaking. 

But I think most people just use Twitter as quick news. That's all I use it for. I read it every day, but in the 4 years I've had an account, I think I can count my posts on one hand. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
I'd put tiktok, snapchat, facebook and instagram in that category. Those are just an opportunity for folks to submit to the world the person they want to be. But it's a false reality. What it does to teenage girls is heartbreaking. 

But I think most people just use Twitter as quick news. That's all I use it for. I read it every day, but in the 4 years I've had an account, I think I can count my posts on one hand. 
And the platforms are designed like crack,   engineered to create an addiction so that the users are pulled back in more and more often... and heaven forbid you say something to somebody about how much time they spend on them, they get defensive and deflect, better off telling a drunk that they are an alcoholic.  

I will not touch Threads.  Just more intrusion into your personal info and another avenue to distort the news to a one-sided story.  

Okay, I admit I made an error in Threads when I downloaded it.  Apparently, there is a Slack-like work-corroboration app.  That's what I downloaded.  Finally I found out that it was not the Instagram-related app.  So I deleted it.  
By and large, since I am anti-Twitter, (I do not need to be constantly updated with the latest news 24-7), unless any of my brethren here can tell me differently, it seems like an antidote for Twitter, not a "need to have" social media addition to my life.