Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it just me? Not happy.
Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@minny65 said:
Another head scratcher for me USC - CB ahead of guys like Rush, Smith, Trice all over 6'1 

PFF - has him rated in the 180's and we took him at 102.  
I was a little confused too, but everything I'm researching currently points to Blackmon being a competitor and probably a better man coverage fit. There's no change of direction concerns and he is fluid in everything he does, just lacks size. Transfer from Colorado played opposite Christian Gonzalez. I just watched the NFL Network coverage of the pick and DJ relayed that Blackmon would intentionally get in line at practice to specifically go against Jordan Addison. Best on best. I don't know that we ever needed a "for sure" starter at corner as I do believe the scheme and injury was a bigger hindrance more then anything. Murphy, hopefully a healthy Evans and Booth with Blackmon in the mix. I'm ok with that 
We needed a damn LBer and  a real NT. Maybe Kwesi can sell his analytics to Bed Bath and Beyond... 

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@supafreak84 said:
@minny65 said:
Another head scratcher for me USC - CB ahead of guys like Rush, Smith, Trice all over 6'1 

I was a little confused too, but everything I'm researching currently points to Blackmon being a competitor and probably a better man coverage fit. There's no change of direction concerns and he is fluid in everything he does, just lacks size. Transfer from Colorado played opposite Christian Gonzalez. I just watched the NFL Network coverage of the pick and DJ relayed that Blackmon would intentionally get in line at practice to specifically go against Jordan Addison. Best on best. I don't know that we ever needed a "for sure" starter at corner as I do believe the scheme and injury was a bigger hindrance more then anything. Murphy, hopefully a healthy Evans and Booth with Blackmon in the mix. I'm ok with that 
We needed a damn LBer and  a real NT. Maybe Kwesi can sell his analytics to Bed Bath and Beyond... 
I don't disagree. Having Simpson go one pick before we elected to trade back, stung. We have 5 picks tomorrow. Hoping we package some of them to move up and get some defensive contributors and not settle on 6th and 7th round flyers. We need actual players 

Draft ain't over... SKOL!

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@supafreak84 said:
@minny65 said:

I don't disagree. Having Simpson go one pick before we elected to trade back, stung. We have 5 picks tomorrow. Hoping we package some of them to move up and get some defensive contributors and not settle on 6th and 7th round flyers. We need actual players 
My guess is Simpson going one pick before us was a catalyst for the trade down. I thought for sure the Vikings would have selected him had he been there, and they probably could have gotten Blackmon with their next pick too.

Convincing myself this has been good, Addison and Blackmon good players, hopefully our analytics show they are great fits for team plans.  TJ Hock, worth a second.  Changing from Donatell will have more impact than a rookie, non blue-chip pick.  Flores is a good DC and does more than just improve last years fiasco.  If we pick up Holton Ahlers from E. Carolina we could have "THE" ultimate Mr. Mankato covered.

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
Convincing myself this has been good, Addison and Blackmon good players, hopefully our analytics show they are great fits for team plans.  TJ Hock, worth a second.  Changing from Donatell will have more impact than a rookie, non blue-chip pick.  Flores is a good DC and does more than just improve last years fiasco.  If we pick up Holton Ahlers from E. Carolina we could have "THE" ultimate Mr. Mankato covered.
Agreed. Let's do it.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/pl...ton-ahlers

The reality of it all is that the whole 2023 year from free agency to the draft and through the entire football season will be a washout.  No money, no draft picks and really no complete roster.  I just see the organization looking towards the 2024 season and just surviving this debacle in front of them.  As fans, we no other choice but to except this and ride through.  As far as I'm concerned, there's no relief in sight at the moment.  The Packers, Bears and especially the Lions are rising above us.

Show me the huge mistake that was made moving from 87 to 102;  remember Kwesi said they would have taken Blackmon at 87 if they made the pick...
87. San Francisco 49ers (from MIN) – Ji’Ayir Brown, S, Penn State
88. Jacksonville Jaguars – Tank Bigsby, RB, Auburn
89. Los Angeles Rams (from NYG) – Kobie Turner, DT, Wake Forest
90. Dallas Cowboys – DeMarvion Overshown, LB, Texas
91. Buffalo Bills – Dorian Williams, LB, Tulane
92. Kansas City Chiefs (from CIN) – Wanya Morris, OT, Oklahoma
93. Pittsburgh Steelers (from SF through CAR) – Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia
94. Arizona Cardinals (from PHI) – Michael Wilson, WR, Stanford
95. Cincinnati Bengals (from KC) – Jordan Battle, S, Alabama
96. Detroit Lions (from AZ) * – Brodric Martin, DT, Western Kentucky
97. Washington Commanders * – Ricky Stromberg, C, Arkansas
98. Cleveland Browns * – Siaki Ika, DT, Baylor
99. San Francisco 49ers * – Jake Moody, K, Michigan
100. Las Vegas Raiders (from KC through NYG) * – Tre Tucker, WR, Cincinnati 
101. San Francisco 49ers * – Cameron Latu, TE, Alabama

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I'm not disappointed, as if they wanted a QB, 2 were there in Levis and Hooker. Addison should be a good addition. They just didn't have the ammo and nobody wanted to dance to move down, it happens. 
Fine, we didnt have ammo.  Thats on Kwesi and on our half-ass rebuild.  We’re going to stay incredibly mediocre for a couple more years until the talent has been thoroughly drained away and we’ll have no choice but to rebuild. 

Quote: @rf54 said:
Show me the huge mistake that was made moving from 87 to 102;  remember Kwesi said they would have taken Blackmon at 87 if they made the pick...
87. San Francisco 49ers (from MIN) – Ji’Ayir Brown, S, Penn State
88. Jacksonville Jaguars – Tank Bigsby, RB, Auburn
89. Los Angeles Rams (from NYG) – Kobie Turner, DT, Wake Forest
90. Dallas Cowboys – DeMarvion Overshown, LB, Texas
91. Buffalo Bills – Dorian Williams, LB, Tulane
92. Kansas City Chiefs (from CIN) – Wanya Morris, OT, Oklahoma
93. Pittsburgh Steelers (from SF through CAR) – Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia
94. Arizona Cardinals (from PHI) – Michael Wilson, WR, Stanford
95. Cincinnati Bengals (from KC) – Jordan Battle, S, Alabama
96. Detroit Lions (from AZ) * – Brodric Martin, DT, Western Kentucky
97. Washington Commanders * – Ricky Stromberg, C, Arkansas
98. Cleveland Browns * – Siaki Ika, DT, Baylor