Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikes @ Bills
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Any NFL win is good, especially on the road...So I dont want to take anything away from the win vs Commodes or 7/1...

Its awesome and if you can't relish that? Well so be it. 

But as to the point of another thread on here, the next 3-4 games will tell us a lot more than the D looking good against Heinecke. 
Some of the long timers just can't enjoy anything. It'll never be good enough. I almost get it, but why watch the NFL if you can't enjoy the ride? 
 I agree, Sticky.  I had pretty low expectations going into this season, and didn't believe the Vikes could even be a wild card team, let alone win the NFC North.  I'm still not convinced this team is a "real" contender, but it's great they're doing their best to prove me wrong.
I'm enjoying this season one game at a time and can't find a single problem with these wins.  Are there improvements needed with the OL, DL, DBs, kicker, and coaching?  Yep, but all of them are exceeding my expectations so far, and they're winning. 

If they win Sunday (I believe they can too), then I might start to really buy into the idea that they're "elite".  I also admit it's the gut punch of reality that knocks the wind out of me every successful season that I'm trying to avoid.  B)  

Looking more into this game, we really do match up fairly well with this Bills team.

Their strength on defense has been their pass rush from the edge with Rousseau and Von Miller. Rousseau's probably going to be out with an ankle and even if he's not I like our tackles. Of course, they'll occasionally loop around and target the middle like everyone else, but most of the time it will be strength v. strength. 

We've yet to see our run game break loose, but it could happen here. Buffalo has not been great at stopping the run, especially lately. I think KOC will try to take advantage. 

The Vikings offensive line struggles against blitzing teams. The Bills rank 31st in blitz percentage--probably because they don't need to with those great edges. Sure, they'll probably jack that up a bit against us, but this is not a blitz crazy team. 

Quote: @"Riphawkins" said:
I’ll be on an airplane headed for Mexico when this game is being played.
My first thought is to buy Southwest’s Wi-Fi, use a VPN and try and watch the game. However, I’ve had spotty service on Southwest sometimes and can see myself getting frustrated with a glitchy feed. Also, if the Vikings are losing it could make the flight less pleasurable, and it could kick off my vacation on a bad note if they lose.
So, I may forgo watching the game. Wait until I get to the resort we are staying at, check in, get a drink, get some food, then check the score. If they win, watch the condensed game.
try streameast.is  None of the bullshit ads and pop-ups that you’re used to on any of the other streaming places for NFL games

And obviously no VPN necessary

Weather forecast for Sunday in Buffalo is rain/snow mix with winds gusting to 30 mph.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Any NFL win is good, especially on the road...So I dont want to take anything away from the win vs Commodes or 7/1...

Its awesome and if you can't relish that? Well so be it. 

But as to the point of another thread on here, the next 3-4 games will tell us a lot more than the D looking good against Heinecke. 
Some of the long timers just can't enjoy anything. It'll never be good enough. I almost get it, but why watch the NFL if you can't enjoy the ride? 
You can only have your heart ripped out so many times before you kind of go numb to it though right?

I don’t blame anyone who is doveish on the Vikings. I’ve said in this thread that they’ve beat my expectations and whatever happens, happens. I’m also not going to get overly hyped up on them either. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Looking more into this game, we really do match up fairly well with this Bills team.

Their strength on defense has been their pass rush from the edge with Rousseau and Von Miller. Rousseau's probably going to be out with an ankle and even if he's not I like our tackles. Of course, they'll occasionally loop around and target the middle like everyone else, but most of the time it will be strength v. strength. 

We've yet to see our run game break loose, but it could happen here. Buffalo has not been great at stopping the run, especially lately. I think KOC will try to take advantage. 

The Vikings offensive line struggles against blitzing teams. The Bills rank 31st in blitz percentage--probably because they don't need to with those great edges. Sure, they'll probably jack that up a bit against us, but this is not a blitz crazy team. 
Leber had a good run down today on why he is positive for this match-up, even if Allen plays.  Vikes play a lot of 2 high S,  and Allen is not a patient QB,  likes to make a lot of throws deep which makes him hold the ball a touch longer and then he is throwing against 2 deep S,  on the flip side the Bills D largely relies on light speed guys at the LOS,   which should be easier for our OL to move out of the way in the run game.  Factor in the weather which will play more into a run game and this should be a fun one to watch if you like old school smash mouth football.

Discussing ways to improve does not mean someone is not enjoying the ride.  They are mutually exclusive.  I am enjoying the heck out this season so far, but I think we all agree that we can play even better and need to in order to be a Superbowl contender. 

Quote: @"Knucklehead" said:
Weather forecast for Sunday in Buffalo is rain/snow mix with winds gusting to 30 mph.
sounds like a good day for Madison to get some carries. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"Knucklehead" said:
a couple weeks ago I noticed while watching the Packers vs the Bills that GBay had more success with a down hill pounding rushing attack than the quick cutting in the hole approach.  I remember thinking at that time the AM would be my primary back to soften up the bills front and then hit them with the shiftier and more elusive Cook.  Wouldnt hurt to take a few carries off Cook once in a while either.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"Knucklehead" said:
a couple weeks ago I noticed while watching the Packers vs the Bills that GBay had more success with a down hill pounding rushing attack than the quick cutting in the hole approach.  I remember thinking at that time the AM would be my primary back to soften up the bills front and then hit them with the shiftier and more elusive Cook.  Wouldnt hurt to take a few carries off Cook once in a while either.
Packers rushed for over 200 yards against them. Regarding Cook and Mattison, I wouldn't switch their roles--to me there's no comparison in talent level--but I might give Mattison a few more carries than he typically gets.