Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikes @ Bills
A lot of storylines in this one.  LIke Jerry said "shit for 23 bucks if you can get more excitement than that you're in the wrong operation."

I was wondering if this is the first time we've played Diggs...

Much as I luv Jefferson, I miss Diggs and what he brings. I know, he's a polarizing figure. 

Tomlinson’s statusDefensive end Dalvin Tomlinson, who suffered a right calf injury Oct. 30 against Arizona, is in jeopardy of missing a second straight game.
Tomlinson was replaced by James Lynch against the Commanders. O’Connell isn’t sure if he’ll be back to face the Bills.
“He kind of falls in that same category (as Dantzler),” O’Connell said. “We wanted to see how he progressed last week with a few more days of treatment. We’ll see if we can possibly have him available for this weekend.”
Facing DiggsWhen the Vikings traded Diggs to the the Bills in March 2020, Thielen said he was initially disappointed.
“I didn’t want it to happen because obviously I had a great relationship with Diggs, and I still do to this day,”’ Thielen said. “I was bummed out at first, but at the same time I was happy for him. I know he wanted a fresh start to be somewhere else.”
Minnesota will face Diggs for the first time since the trade. In that trade, the Vikings got the No. 22 pick in the 2020 draft, which they used to select LSU’s Justin Jefferson, who has become one of the NFL’s top receivers.
“For us to be able to get Justin in return for that and for him to come in right away and play at such a high level, it really made the transition a lot easier than I could have expected,” Thielen said.
https://www.twincities.com/2022/11/07/with-vikings-cb-cameron-danztler-a-long-shot-for-sundays-game-rookie-akayleb-evans-ready-to-step-in/

Diggs is the big story line for me. After he worked his way out of Minnesota he and his team have been very successful. 
First, I just want to see a W no matter how they get it.
Second, I would love to see Jefferson have a big game.

This game will set the narrative. A win and the Vikings will be viewed nationally as a legitimate contender.
A loss and they will be viewed as no serious threat. Both scenarios are probably false, but the national media likes to use the past and stereotypes to classify teams.
The new Kings of the North are upsetting the preconceived expectations of many. Feels pretty good so far.

Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
Diggs is the big story line for me. After he worked his way out of Minnesota he and his team have been very successful. 

This game will set the narrative. A win and the Vikings will be viewed nationally as a legitimate contender.
A loss and they will be viewed as no serious threat. Both scenarios are probably false, but the national media likes to use the past and stereotypes to classify teams.
The new Kings of the North are upsetting the preconceived expectations of many. Feels pretty good so far.
You’re absolutely correct when you say with a loss we will be viewed as no serious threat. Which is kind of weird since the Bills are supposed to be “that team” this year.
It’s kind of like losing the Super Bowl, you suck to fans of other teams and the media because you didn’t win, but were better than the other teams and actually got there.
I’d love a win, and I absolutely don’t care how they get it. Jefferson having a big game would finalize the Diggs leaving conversation. As much as I liked his stats, he is a bit of a diva, and is a bit chirpy during games. 

Quote: @"Riphawkins" said:
@"jargomcfargo" said:

You’re absolutely correct when you say with a loss we will be viewed as no serious threat. Which is kind of weird since the Bills are supposed to be “that team” this year.
It’s kind of like losing the Super Bowl, you suck to fans of other teams and the media because you didn’t win, but were better than the other teams and actually got there.
I’d love a win, and I absolutely don’t care how they get it. Jefferson having a big game would finalize the Diggs leaving conversation. As much as I liked his stats, he is a bit of a diva, and is a bit chirpy during games. 
But if Allen sits, there will be yet another opportunity for fans and media to put an asterisk next to the Vikings...which is probably not a bad thing. Let everyone think we're overrated. 

But someone made a good point on twitter this morning. Keenum is a very good backup, and the rest of that team is stacked, on both sides of the ball. If we go into Buffalo and beat that team, Allen or no, that would be a very significant accomplishment. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Riphawkins" said:
@"jargomcfargo" said:

But if Allen sits, there will be yet another opportunity for fans and media to put an asterisk next to the Vikings...which is probably not a bad thing. Let everyone think we're overrated. 

But someone made a good point on twitter this morning. Keenum is a very good backup, and the rest of that team is stacked, on both sides of the ball. If we go into Buffalo and beat that team, Allen or no, that would be a very significant accomplishment. 
Keenum and Diggs have history together so its not like some rookie QB from podunk state getting his first real action.  I expect CK to look every bit as good as KC does to be honest.  Cases mobility and pocket presence will give our pass rushers fits which will let Diggs do his start stop and go like hell routes that give our DBs trouble.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Riphawkins" said:
@"jargomcfargo" said:

Keenum and Diggs have history together so its not like some rookie QB from podunk state getting his first real action.  I expect CK to look every bit as good as KC does to be honest.  Cases mobility and pocket presence will give our pass rushers fits which will let Diggs do his start stop and go like hell routes that give our DBs trouble.
Depends on the placement of the horseshoe.  Case was more lucky than good.  And when the luck runs out, he throws bad INTs.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Riphawkins" said:
@"jargomcfargo" said:

Depends on the placement of the horseshoe.  Case was more lucky than good.  And when the luck runs out, he throws bad INTs.
This is the Vikings,  the team that hasnt put any team to bed this year and has played to the level of their competition,  and historically allows back up QBs to have career days.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Riphawkins" said:
@"jargomcfargo" said:

This is the Vikings,  the team that hasnt put any team to bed this year and has played to the level of their competition,  and historically allows back up QBs to have career days.
Seems to me the Vikes have put 7 teams to bed this years. Or am I missing something?