Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins Ready To Play Ball?
Interesting how Vikings qb's have been so fan polarizing...

Tark - at the end of career
Bert
Culpepper
The Capt'n

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Interesting how Vikings qb's have been so fan polarizing...

Tark - at the end of career
Bert
Culpepper
The Capt'n
You don't even mention the great Johnson vs. Cunningham battles or how so many wanted Todd Bouman to start over Daunte Culpepper. Funny thing is, we tend to think we're alone in that. But fans of all teams do this. About the coach and GM, too. 

Quote: @"Zanary" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"Zanary" said:
@"JR44" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
I just don't see a way the Vikings can trade Cousins and avoid a rebuild, which the Wilfs have clearly stated they do not want. I'm open to trading him; I just don't see a solution that allows them to remain in the hunt for the division title. 
We haven't been close to winning a division title in the 4 years he has been here and we have 1 playoff appearance, I don't see how that is going to change, so I would rather rebuild than be stuck in another 4 years of mediocrity.  
We didn't have a HC that really ran an offense well in the 4 years that Kirk's been here, and Kirk's had a line with glaring problems the whole time...oh, yeah, and half of that time, the defense was 1-2 positions from dead last...and that was after years of kickers that couldn't hit FGs/XPs.

Remember any of that?  Maybe, just maybe, the QB that actually got us a lot of points DESPITE those issues wasn't the problem.
… And Joe Burrow got sacked 51 times this year. It’s fine to support KC, he’s a good QB, but there are plenty of QBs who are better. Some fans long for that and wish this franchise would at least attempt to attain it. 
So, you counter with the fact that Burrow also has line issues.  He's still in a real system, has a better defense, and on a better-coached team.

One other little reminder: we were one BS "fumble" call from beating them, disjointed as we were.
Yep the Bengals have a better defense. Better coaching. Better system too maybe (?). They also have a better QB.

Whether you or anyone on this board is satisfied with having the ~12th best QB in the league is up to each fan. I personally wish the Vikings would attempt to upgrade. Might work, might not. But ignoring the backup QB position for years and then drafting one QB in the 3rd round, only to have him sit behind Mannion, is a pretty sad attempt.