Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senior Bowl Weigh In/Practice Notes

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1489313361485602824
I'm intrigued by Penning. Kind of Dobleresque.

OT class is very good.

[Image: b9Gz3wy0_bigger.jpg]
Another solid day for #NDSU WR Christian Watson. He’s every bit of 6-4, strong hands, great body control, and can run to be a bigger WR. His traits shined in red zone drills/periods today. Over the course of three days, he’s been the most consistent receiver here.
Man would I be happy if we drafted Christian. It’s been awesome watching him play at NDSU and I promise he’s a gamer!

Improvement from Day 1 to Day 2 is an important factor. Willis took a big jump on Day 2. Will be fun to see what Day 3 brings.

Have also heard from a few people that he’s killing it in interviews.
Quote Tweet
[Image: GNHeoQEI_normal.jpg]
Honest NFL
@TheHonestNFL
· 1h
Malik Willis is looking like an even more fascinating prospect to some scouts than they expected. Even those who followed his season closely were blown away with the showing yesterday. An impressive individual meeting with a team in Mobile and the combine could solidify top 15.
He might be on the Mahomes path. This time of year Mahomes was seen by most as a late 1st, early 2nd rounder. The combine shot his stock through the roof. If Willis continues this through the combine he'll be the 1st QB taken. 

[Image: 0hg6a25lmbkd.jpeg]

To the surprise of nobody who studied his film at Florida State, Johnson has completely dominated in Mobile. I’d make the case that he has been the best football player at the Senior Bowl regardless of position. He’s firmly EDGE3 at this point in the process and it isn’t a stretch to bring him into the mix when considering Hutchinson and Thibodeaux at the top of the board. 
Johnson began his career in the JUCO ranks before transferring to Georgia, where he spent two seasons before ending his career at Florida State. He drastically improved his draft stock at FSU. 
At Georgia, Johnson was buried on the depth chart and played sparingly despite making his share of plays when he had a chance to get on the field. In a rotational role, Johnson flashed his playmaking ability and racked up five sacks in 2020 despite less than 95 pass-rush snaps.
All Johnson needed was an opportunity to play in an expanded role, which he received at Florida State. In 12 games with the Seminoles in 2021, Johnson collected 70 tackles, 17.5 tackles for loss, and 11.5 sacks en route to being named the ACC Defensive Player of the Year.
After studying his film and writing my scouting report, it became clear to me that Johnson is a first-round talent. His impact on a game-by-game basis was undeniable and the way he was making plays translated perfectly to the next level.
As a pass rusher, Johnson has dynamic quickness to go with length, power, rush variety, vision, and a motor that always runs hot. My favorite component of Johnson’s pass-rushing skill set is the multitude of ways he can beat blocks and affect the quarterback. He understands how to read the set of the offensive tackle and attack. His pass-rush repertoire is fully loaded with moves and counters to get home.
As a run defender, Johnson has tremendous processing skills and consistently finds the football and makes plays. He plays with firm hands, extension, and discipline to maintain his run fit and set a firm edge. Johnson features a balanced skill set with very few limitations and profiles well to any scheme.
For those that weren’t familiar with Johnson, the Senior Bowl has been a wonderful showcase of his talents. He is turning heads and is the talk of the town. Whether it’s setting the tone in drills, overwhelming offensive linemen in one-on-one drills, or dominating in full team sessions, Johnson has stolen the show.
One of my favorite reps that Johnson had from practice came against Tulsa OT Chris Paul because it encapsulates so much of what makes Johnson so dynamic. Johnson sells an outside rush that draws Paul out of his set and forces him to shoot his hands to protect his near hip. From there, Johnson showcases outstanding vision to recognize the opportunity to attack the B-gap and in one continuous motion redirects inside, swipes Paul’s hands, crosses his face, and wins the rep. There is no segmentation in how Johnson executes a high-level rush.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
Improvement from Day 1 to Day 2 is an important factor. Willis took a big jump on Day 2. Will be fun to see what Day 3 brings.

Have also heard from a few people that he’s killing it in interviews.
Quote Tweet
[Image: GNHeoQEI_normal.jpg]
Honest NFL
@TheHonestNFL
· 1h
Malik Willis is looking like an even more fascinating prospect to some scouts than they expected. Even those who followed his season closely were blown away with the showing yesterday. An impressive individual meeting with a team in Mobile and the combine could solidify top 15.
He might be on the Mahomes path. This time of year Mahomes was seen by most as a late 1st, early 2nd rounder. The combine shot his stock through the roof. If Willis continues this through the combine he'll be the 1st QB taken. 
I know it's probably dumb, but I can never get behind a left handed QB. For some reason it just hasnt worked in the NFL