Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senior Bowl Weigh In/Practice Notes

Some damn long arms in this tackle class.

Faalele is just a speciman of a human being. You'd need a passport to get around that guy

Out of the guys I'm looking at that might even be in the conversation for the Vikings with our first round pick, keep an eye on Jermaine Johnson this week 

Nagy said he told Kenny Pickett last year, based on what he was hearing from NFL teams, he was gonna be a day 3 pick.

Now, Nagy believes, he’s a first rounder

Hmmmm...sounds familiar...

ESPNU will have coverage of the practices on Wednesday and Thursday, 2:30pm EST.

Just a reminder that I used to tape NFL Europe games...

Cuz...I'm sick like that

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
ESPNU will have coverage of the practices on Wednesday and Thursday, 2:30pm EST.

Cuz...I'm sick like that
Those practices are where you really get to see who can play with the big boys. Kevin Williams, Aaron Donald, Cooper Kupp, Von Miller are just a few I remember standing out. 

Funny take here by Russ Lande, who commented that Aaron Donald, if he kept it up, had a chance to go in the 1st round. I'd forgotten that prior to the Senior Bowl, he was seen by many as a 2nd rounder. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:

Cuz...I'm sick like that
Those practices are where you really get to see who can play with the big boys. Kevin Williams, Aaron Donald, Cooper Kupp, Von Miller are just a few I remember standing out. 

Funny take here by Russ Lande, who commented that Aaron Donald, if he kept it up, had a chance to go in the 1st round. I'd forgotten that prior to the Senior Bowl, he was seen by many as a 2nd rounder. 

Well, those are examples in one direction. Here are some Senior Bowl standouts from various old articles:

2011: Christian Ponder, Leonard Hankerson, Vonn Miller, Sam Acho, Jarvis Jenkins, Dan Sanzenbacher, Kendrick Burney
2012: Quinton Coples, Joe Adams, Janoris Jenkins, Isaiah Pead, Courtney Upshaw, Cordy Glenn, Harrison Smith (note that a "loser" was Russell Wilson)
2013: Ezekial Ansah, Johnathan Franklin, Kenyon Barner, E.J. Manuel, 
2014: Will Sutton, Dee Ford, Chris Borland, Aaron Donald, Michael Sam, Kyle Van Noy, Cyril Richardson

Quote: @"claykenny" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:

Cuz...I'm sick like that

Well, those are examples in one direction. Here are some Senior Bowl standouts from various old articles:

2011: Christian Ponder, Leonard Hankerson, Vonn Miller, Sam Acho, Jarvis Jenkins, Dan Sanzenbacher, Kendrick Burney
2012: Quinton Coples, Joe Adams, Janoris Jenkins, Isaiah Pead, Courtney Upshaw, Cordy Glenn, Harrison Smith (note that a "loser" was Russell Wilson)
2013: Ezekial Ansah, Johnathan Franklin, Kenyon Barner, E.J. Manuel, 
2014: Will Sutton, Dee Ford, Chris Borland, Aaron Donald, Michael Sam, Kyle Van Noy, Cyril Richardson
Ponder was the game MVP but his performance during the week, and actually in the game too, wasn't very impressive to me. Cordy Glenn was one I remember well. That was the Kalil draft so there was a lot of talk about Kalil, Reiff, Glenn. Ziggy Ansah was unblockable in Mobile, nearly unplayable in the NFL. Cyril Richardson was just awful. Here's what I wrote about him at the time: "Not a fan of Cyril Richardson. Watched him get blown up too many times during Senior Bowl practices, then watched Princeton DT Caraun Reid eat his lunch during the game. Followed that up with a poor combine. I think Richardson's stock is going to take a beating similar to the one he took at the hands of Aaron Donald."

Here's one: Brian O'Neill was bad in mobile too. It's why many of us were not pleased with that pick in the 2nd round. Happy to be wrong bigly on that one.