Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Trade For TE
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
[Image: M2jMfxMj_bigger.jpg]
4th round picks:

2015: TJ Clemmings (Not active since 2018)

2016: Willie Beavers (Falcons, 2 NFL Games Played)

2017: Jaleel Johnson (Texans), Ben Gedeon (cut 2020)
2018: Jalyn Holmes (on 2021 roster)

2019: Dru Samia (Waived 2021)

Chris Herndon (4th) would fit right in on this list though 

Just read that ISJ is out for the season. I'm OK w/ this trade for these reasons:

As noted above, after canceling out the picks, the compensation is a high 5th.
Minny gets the services of Herndon for at least this season.
NYJ is paying the majority of his salary. Minny is only responsible for the vet minimum. I think this was a big factor in this trade, as trading for a TE w/ a larger contract, such as Ertz, might've jeopardized their ability to extend O'Neill.
If he leaves after this season, Minny will receive a comp pick in 2023

I'm a big of a critic of RS as their is, but this trade doesn't seem so bad to me.

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
Just read that ISJ is out for the season. I'm OK w/ this trade for these reasons:

As noted above, after canceling out the picks, the compensation is a high 5th.
Minny gets the services of Herndon for at least this season.
NYJ is paying the majority of his salary. Minny is only responsible for the vet minimum. I think this was a big factor in this trade, as trading for a TE w/ a larger contract, such as Ertz, might've jeopardized their ability to extend O'Neill.
If he leaves after this season, Minny will receive a comp pick in 2023

I'm a big of a critic of RS as their is, but this trade doesn't seem so bad to me.
Yeah, a bit of overly dramatic responses.  We needed a TE, I think Rick knew what the ISJ outcome was going to be.  A 5th round pick for a cheap starter?  Hardly worth slashing and burning.  

[Image: M2jMfxMj_bigger.jpg]
4th round picks:

2015: TJ Clemmings (Not active since 2018)

2016: Willie Beavers (Falcons, 2 NFL Games Played)

2017: Jaleel Johnson (Texans), Ben Gedeon (cut 2020)
2018: Jalyn Holmes (on 2021 roster)

2019: Dru Samia (Waived 2021)

I suppose one could interpret that as a bit of an indictment of the Vikings scouting/drafting acumen. 

Great trade… Wink under the circumstances.

Vikes
@vikesinsider
· 42m
The Minnesota #Vikings and Philadelphia #Eagles discussed a deal that would have sent Eagles tight end Dallas Goedert to the Vikings, according to Matt Lombardo.

Why did the trade fall through? Sounds like Philadelphia’s asking price for the tight end was too high.

Quote: @minny65 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:
A 4th? Ouch
A 4th is rich. A 4th for Herndon and a 6th, but still seems a little high. 
Agree, a little rich, wonder about ISJ.
Yep, seeing 4 or 5 months for ISJ - season over

Vikes
@vikesinsider
· 42m
The Minnesota #Vikings and Philadelphia #Eagles discussed a deal that would have sent Eagles tight end Dallas Goedert to the Vikings, according to Matt Lombardo.

Why did the trade fall through? Sounds like Philadelphia’s asking price for the tight end was too high.
The HC and GM must be convinced this Viking's team could be pretty good. 

Vikes
@vikesinsider
· 42m

Wow, now that would've been something. Happy with the Herndon trade, but would've been jacked to see Goedert. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Vikes
@vikesinsider
· 42m

Wow, now that would've been something. Happy with the Herndon trade, but would've been jacked to see Goedert. 
Herndon, pre Gase, pre injury, was damn fine.