Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
will biden be asked any tough questions today
Last night I was doing my regular channel flipping and heard "Peaceful protests erupted during the.... blah, blah, blah'

How exactly does a peaceful protest "erupt"?

Just report some facts and I'm in. We don't need the sensationalism, fear mongering, etc. 

Many of them are bad. And Fox is just nuts.

Quote: @Nichelle said:
Last night I was doing my regular channel flipping and heard "Peaceful protests erupted during the.... blah, blah, blah'

Just report some facts and I'm in. We don't need the sensationalism, fear mongering, etc. 

Who isn't?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Nichelle said:

Who isn't?
I usually stick more with online news sources. The one I access the most is BBC. For TV I tune into a couple of specific shows instead of being blasted by a single network 24/7. 

News shouldn't be 'entertainment' but it all too often is presented that way.

@JimmyinSD said:
@Nichelle said:

Who isn't?
I usually stick more with online news sources. The one I access the most is BBC. For TV I tune into a couple of specific shows instead of being blasted by a single network 24/7. 

News shouldn't be 'entertainment' but it all too often is presented that way.
I dont known if entertainment is the right word as much as indulgement.  Most Americans don't want the news,   they want what feeds their idealism.    I don't think is anything new,  imo this goes back to Limbaugh in the 90s as far as sensationalism and  likely  longer for those that were really paying attention. 

because it never was peaceful

Quote: @Viking1987 said:
@Nichelle said:

What?

@Viking1987 said:
@Nichelle said:

What?
@Viking1987 said:
@Nichelle said:

What?
they were not peaceful protests 

@Nichelle said:
@Viking1987 said:
@Nichelle said:

What?
@Viking1987 said:
@Nichelle said:

What?
I believe you've made an assumption. Who knows, maybe you're referring to the events of January 6th in DC. I have no idea because I didn't mention any particular protest in my post.

@Viking1987 said:
@Nichelle said:
@Viking1987 said:
@Nichelle said:

What?
@Viking1987 said:
@Nichelle said:

What?
I believe you've made an assumption. Who knows, maybe you're referring to the events of January 6th in DC. I have no idea because I didn't mention any particular protest in my post.
no I'm referring to the antifa and BLM riots with the fires and looting and stealing 

@Nichelle said:
@Viking1987 said:
@Nichelle said:
@Viking1987 said:
@Nichelle said:

What?
@Viking1987 said:
@Nichelle said:

What?
no I'm referring to the antifa and BLM riots with the fires and looting and stealing 
You're referring to something that was never mentioned. So, you have no idea whether or not "the protests" were peaceful. In fact, what they were talking about occurred this week. There were no fires, looting or stealing. That perspective sounds a lot like confirmation bias. Try hearing the facts first instead of looking for something that supports your POV.

My original point was on the language used to evoke a passionate response in the viewer. People peacefully protested. There was no eruption. It's the headline grabbing, sensationalist language that greediron mentioned above. Go to the big news sites and you will see that XYZ "slammed" someone. Or XYZ "attacked". We don't agree on much, but we can at least agree that it's not necessary.