Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who thinks this next Covid Relief bill is being handled well?
Quote: @AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:

@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:
correct me if I’m wrong but prisoners pay for their stay. Isnt this just a payout to the prisons for money they wouldnt have gotten before?
Yes and no.

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2019/...arceration
This says they bill prisoners for their stay. If its anything like medicaid theyll suck that money up as soon as it hits the account. Its probably why the subject in ypur link only puts $200 in the acvount. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5b9bf1a1e4b013b0977a7d74/amp
....outside of the headline that prisons cost taxpayers $80 billion annually.

That wasnt the point. I’m well aware that people in cages cant make a living. My point was wont the prison system just take the check the moment it hits their account?  Almost like a wage garnishment?
Dude, I don't want prisoners to get a stimulus check. I'm not arguing about that,

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
https://twitter.com/CAPAction/status/136...80963?s=19
Thanks!
Wait for some to come reiterate the false talking point on how it primarily is to bail out NY and CA and question the source of your info.
It should be repeated that EVERY republican voted NO. These are the same people that voted for the tax cut bill the went mostly to the wealthy and did not care about the national debt. We were even told they would eradicate the national debt in 8 years even though they were growing it in astronomical proportions.

Quote: @mblack said:
Thanks!
Wait for some to come reiterate the false talking point on how it primarily is to bail out NY and CA and question the source of your info.
It should be repeated that EVERY republican voted NO. These are the same people that voted for the tax cut bill the went mostly to the wealthy and did not care about the national debt. We were even told they would eradicate the national debt in 8 years even though they were growing it in astronomical proportions.
who claimed that tax cut would erase the national debt in 8 years?  I never heard such a claim,  on these boards or anywhere.

Quote: @greediron said:
@mblack said:
#CovidReliefBillFacts
  1. Over 70% of the country supports the bill. 2/3rd of the country favors it.
  2. American Airlines will no longer furlough the 13000 workers thanks to the bill. He was happy to announce that the employees should tear the WARN letter. The CEO said if the employees see a congressman they should thank him or her. He forgot to mention except its a Republican senator
  3. Biden announced another 100 million vaccines. We are now talking about a potential surplus in vaccines and may even help other countries according to Biden (this is not part of the bill)
  4. This bill has about the same amount if spending like the trump tax cuts. The difference? The Trump tax cut focused on the wealthy. 85% of the covid bill focuses on middle / low income earners
  5. The bill will make COBRA less expense. Also making it easier to get and keep health insurance. The sad part here though is that Health Insurance provisions expire in two years so buckle up.
  6. Senator Roger Wicker from Mississippi is now talking about how the bill will help and is good but he voted against it. Remember no Republican senators voted for it. How nice of him to promote the benefits of the so called "terrible" bill. I give him credit though given most of his republican colleagues have avoided talking about the bill. 
All this happened within the first 50 days of the Biden administration.

So yes let's keep talking about how it eliminates the debts for CA and NY, focus on how it increases the national debt, prisoners getting covid relief and other trivial nonsense.
Glad you think billions in pork is trivial. I never said that but since you brought it up, yes it is trivial compared to the bill as a whole or compared your the stupid tax cut

Again, what portion of the bill actually was for covid relief? You can see it from the pie chart below... a lot of it. I am assume do can do addition
If every citizen got a check, it wouldn't even be 1/4 of the entire bill.  You are right. The checks cover almost 1/4 of the bill from the chart below.

So the farcical govt lockdowns (1st anniversary of 15 days...) drives the airlines to bankrupcy, but we should be thankful 13,000 workers get to keep their jobs for another few months.  What about the millions of small businesses that didn't?  The same lock down saved lived. Trump and co actually were cosistent in messagingw e would have saved more lives. I cant help you if you think keeping a business open is better than staying alive. You can ask the 500K people who died because of backwards thinking of peeple like you... oh wait they are dead so we cant ask them.

85% of the bill focuses on middle/low class?  What gymnastics do you have to do to make that shit up?  NYC and SF are low income?  Cuomo/Deblasio/Shumer/Pelosi are certainly not middle to low income.
I don't do gymnastics. That is for republicans and people like you. I present facts if I don't have any I don't push feelings as facts.
I hope the chart below answers your questions however feel free to post another far fetched theory

@greediron said:
@mblack said:
#CovidReliefBillFacts
  2. American Airlines will no longer furlough the 13000 workers thanks to the bill. He was happy to announce that the employees should tear the WARN letter. The CEO said if the employees see a congressman they should thank him or her. He forgot to mention except its a Republican senator
  3. Biden announced another 100 million vaccines. We are now talking about a potential surplus in vaccines and may even help other countries according to Biden (this is not part of the bill)
  4. This bill has about the same amount if spending like the trump tax cuts. The difference? The Trump tax cut focused on the wealthy. 85% of the covid bill focuses on middle / low income earners
  5. The bill will make COBRA less expense. Also making it easier to get and keep health insurance. The sad part here though is that Health Insurance provisions expire in two years so buckle up.
  6. Senator Roger Wicker from Mississippi is now talking about how the bill will help and is good but he voted against it. Remember no Republican senators voted for it. How nice of him to promote the benefits of the so called "terrible" bill. I give him credit though given most of his republican colleagues have avoided talking about the bill. 

So yes let's keep talking about how it eliminates the debts for CA and NY, focus on how it increases the national debt, prisoners getting covid relief and other trivial nonsense.
Glad you think billions in pork is trivial. I never said that but since you brought it up, yes it is trivial compared to the bill as a whole or compared your the stupid tax cut

Again, what portion of the bill actually was for covid relief? You can see it from the pie chart below... a lot of it. I am assume do can do addition
If every citizen got a check, it wouldn't even be 1/4 of the entire bill.  You are right. The checks cover almost 1/4 of the bill from the chart below.

So the farcical govt lockdowns (1st anniversary of 15 days...) drives the airlines to bankrupcy, but we should be thankful 13,000 workers get to keep their jobs for another few months.  What about the millions of small businesses that didn't?  The same lock down saved lived. Trump and co actually were cosistent in messagingw e would have saved more lives. I cant help you if you think keeping a business open is better than staying alive. You can ask the 500K people who died because of backwards thinking of peeple like you... oh wait they are dead so we cant ask them.

85% of the bill focuses on middle/low class?  What gymnastics do you have to do to make that shit up?  NYC and SF are low income?  Cuomo/Deblasio/Shumer/Pelosi are certainly not middle to low income.
I don't do gymnastics. That is for republicans and people like you. I present facts if I don't have any I don't push feelings as facts.
I hope the chart below answers your questions however feel free to post another far fetched theory
I would address your responses if I could read them in english.

350 B for NYC and SF.  Pure Pork
178 B for teachers unions that still won't open the schools.  Why do they need more money than they already have when they aren't even open?  Should be taking a pay cut, not getting more pork.

Small businesses/restaurants get much less, 134 B.  The ones that took it the hardest get tokens.  And it will probably be sucked up by mega corps that support Nance.

But hey, at least this one didn't have billions for transgenders in Pakistan.

Quote: @greediron said:
@mblack said:
@greediron said:
@mblack said:
#CovidReliefBillFacts

178 B for teachers unions that still won't open the schools.  Why do they need more money than they already have when they aren't even open?  Should be taking a pay cut, not getting more pork.

Small businesses/restaurants get much less, 134 B.  The ones that took it the hardest get tokens.  And it will probably be sucked up by mega corps that support Nance.

True to form. Still sticking to the discredited pork line I see.  "And it will probably be sucked up by mega corps that support Nance." So much for an insightful take.
The money to schools is to help them prepare so they have a safe environment for kids, teachers and all involved. It is helping them open safely. Something that is hard for you to comprehend I imagine.

Here is the state breakdown of the bill. Below are the top 7 recipients (states and tribal gov)
  1. CA: 42 Billion
  2. TX; 27 Billion
  3. NY: 23 Billion
  4. Tribal Gov'ts: 20 Billion
  5. FL: 17 Billion
  6. IL: 13 Billion
  7. PA: 10 billion
So again, how many times do you need to be proven wrong before you stop spreading falsehoods?
If you are going to point out typos you should make sure you don't make any. But what do I know?
By the way that is a lame excuse to avoid the facts presented on the pie chart. Not surprising given your specialty in moving the goal post. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
Thanks!
who claimed that tax cut would erase the national debt in 8 years?  I never heard such a claim,  on these boards or anywhere.
No one claimed that. Also, re-read what I said. I never said that tax cuts would erase the national debt.. I said "...they would eradicate..."
Trump promised to eliminate the national debt in 8 years.

Candidate Trump decried the national debt in 2016 and promised to eliminate it. It's only gotten bigger.

Quote:Several months before the 2016 election, Trump pledged he would be able to eliminate the national debt – then around $19 trillion – “over a period of eight years.”

@JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
Thanks!
No one claimed that. Also, re-read what I said. I never said that tax cuts would erase the national debt.. I said "...they would eradicate..."

Candidate Trump decried the national debt in 2016 and promised to eliminate it. It's only gotten bigger.

Quote:Several months before the 2016 election, Trump pledged he would be able to eliminate the national debt – then around $19 trillion – “over a period of eight years.”
you are really going to get your panties twisted over erase vs eradicate?  WTF ever dude.

you are right,  he did make that claim,  however he also followed it up by saying that he instead would plan to use some of the projected revenue increases to instead address critical infrastructure improvements in the country instead of solely focusing it on debt reduction.  he was a moron for making that claim,  no argument here.

@greediron said:
@mblack said:
@greediron said:
@mblack said:
#CovidReliefBillFacts

True to form. Still sticking to the discredited pork line I see.  "And it will probably be sucked up by mega corps that support Nance." So much for an insightful take.
The money to schools is to help them prepare so they have a safe environment for kids, teachers and all involved. It is helping them open safely. Something that is hard for you to comprehend I imagine.

Here is the state breakdown of the bill. Below are the top 7 recipients (states and tribal gov)
  1. CA: 42 Billion
  2. TX; 27 Billion
  3. NY: 23 Billion
  4. Tribal Gov'ts: 20 Billion
  5. FL: 17 Billion
  6. IL: 13 Billion
  7. PA: 10 billion
So again, how many times do you need to be proven wrong before you stop spreading falsehoods?
If you are going to point out typos you should make sure you don't make any. But what do I know?
By the way that is a lame excuse to avoid the facts presented on the pie chart. Not surprising given your specialty in moving the goal post. 
And you seem fine with Pork, so I guess that ends the conversation.  $86 B (edited as I had the number way too low) for bailouts of union pension funds as well.  Pork, Pork, Pork.

and it wasn't typos, it was completely incoherent sentences.  "compared your the stupid tax cut" "Trump and co actually were cosistent in messagingw e would have saved more lives."  

Good day, it was fun mocking you for a while, but you keep droning on and on doing more harm to your arguments, so I will mercifully stop responding.  

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
Thanks!

you are really going to get your panties twisted over erase vs eradicate?  WTF ever dude.

you are right,  he did make that claim,  however he also followed it up by saying that he instead would plan to use some of the projected revenue increases to instead address critical infrastructure improvements in the country instead of solely focusing it on debt reduction.  he was a moron for making that claim,  no argument here.
I don't think you got my point. Sorry. Please calm down.
I am not caught up on the word. You said I stated that the tax cut will erase the debt. I pointed out that I did not say that the tax cut will erase the debt. What I said was that Trump said he (they)  will erase the debt in 8 years. Get it now?
Speaking of infrastructure. Please let's not go there. He did say that yes and presented an infrastructure plan that never took off nor did anything about it (unless you count the wall). Remember the infrastructure week that they tried and failed every year? 
Trump's Failed Infrastructure Plan Is a Wasted Opportunity

Quote:But nearly two years after the election, the plan is by all reports dead. Everyone seems to love the idea of investment in infrastructure, but no one has figured out how to pay for it

Early in the debate, Trump’s advisers suggested they could link the infrastructure program to the 2017 tax bill, extracting revenue from corporations that parked their earnings abroad. Corporate opposition killed that. Then there was a quiet plan to increase the gas tax or phase out some costly tax breaks. It turned out that there wasn’t the stomach in the White House for either of those ideas.
The Trump administration finally launched its $1.5 trillion plan with a pledge of just $200 billion in federal cash, to be offset by cuts elsewhere in the federal budget and supplemented through public-private partnerships. State and local officials across the country couldn’t have been more disappointed. They didn’t have that much cash to put into infrastructure projects -- if they had, they would already have been doing them. The promise of a big federal aid program suddenly had turned into a burdensome expense they’d have to meet on their own. Analysts at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School, the president’s alma mater, calculated that the $200 billion White House infusion might not even produce $200 billion in new investment, because state and local governments might simply decide to put the money into existing programs.
At the bold: This was a monumental failure especially when you consider that the Republicans controlled all three branches of government at the time
Again another promise not met.
  1. He did not reduce the debt or do anything to reduce it while in office as promised and also did not do anything about the infrastructure he said he would focus on (as supported by the link above) with the projected revenue (as you say).
  2. If his infrastructure plan was a failure and he did not focus on it with the projected revenue and the debt still increased astronomically, don't you think it is fair to say he failed in both?
From any reasonable person's view, those would be two colossal failures (since they were key campaign promises) and promises not met