Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Case Keenum is who Zimmer and Vikes's brass thought he was....
Again this week the Denver defense gives up big points and huge yards. 324 rushing alone. Case has to throw 51 times for 377 yards and 2 tds. Yeah he's the problem with the Bronco's this week.  I think we made the right choice.  Hell Kirk was Denver's 1st choice as well. Is it fair if Kirk throws 370 yards and the Vikings lose to say he's the problem to then? Because to me that's already happened as well. Case seems to not be the whole reason for them being 2-3 any more the Kirk is for us being 2-2-1. Case is not Kirk we all know that. They need to give him help. That's the difference between paying $18 and $30 million. 

Lest anyone think I was on the "keep Case" bandwagon... I was not.  BUT, in Case's defense (because he's a good guy and deserves to have someone stand up for him- even if it's BS): Kirk gets to throw to Diggs & Thielen (both superstars).  Case has Sanders and Thomas.  Plus Kirk has Flip making the calls... Case has Bill Musgrave.  Wasn't he the guy who had all his plays on a postcard?

Quote: @pumpf said:
Lest anyone think I was on the "keep Case" bandwagon... I was not.  BUT, in Case's defense (because he's a good guy and deserves to have someone stand up for him- even if it's BS): Kirk gets to throw to Diggs & Thielen (both superstars).  Case has Sanders and Thomas.  Plus Kirk has Flip making the calls... Case has Bill Musgrave.  Wasn't he the guy who had all his plays on a postcard?
Not going to counter-point this, cause I actually agree with you.

Flip is still earning his OC stripes, but I really, really liked the game he called yesterday. A little more running game perhaps, but we got the win and a few runs at the end to help kill the clock. 

Capt'n got $84mm guaranteed which makes Cases contract pale in comparison. So far Kirk imho is earning every penny. 

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
@holmanjp said:
@SFVikeFan said:
Love 2017 Case, but he truly caught lightning in a bottle, played with the #1 defense.  Never had to really go to to toe in any shootouts and put up big points.  Nice guy, but Cousins is a clear upgrade.  
It's only 4 games into the season.
Last year at this point MN scored 19.75 points per game.
This year 22.5 points per game.

That extra field goal per game is not that clear yet.
I don't care about what your stats say. Cousins is making some throws that case cant or wont, he is scoring TDs in the redzone.  Cousins is balling at a Top 5 level, Case is not.
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/re...coring-pct

Vikings are at 50% red zone TDs (down from 55.56% last year).
Broncos are at 46.67% red zone TDs (up from 39.58% last year).

Yesterday, Keenum throws for 377 yards, 2 TDs and a turnover, the Broncos offense scored 16 points and it's bad.  Cousins throws for 301 yards, 1 TD and a turnover and the Vikings offense scores 16 points and it's amazing.

I didn't even want Keenum, but I don't get the criteria that it's being used here.

https://twitter.com/VikeFans/status/1049...linechrome&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fvikefans.com%2Fvfforums%2Fcategories%2Fthe-longship

Quote: @holmanjp said:
@StickyBun said:
@suncoastvike said:
I loved Case and the passion and joy he brought to the team. They were a bunch of kids having fun on the playground. If Zimmer was so right about anything it sure wasn't how to stop teams from scoring on him. He's been plenty wrong to. 
Yeah, he has been wrong but this is different: the team went 13-3 and Keenum played very well. They went to the NFCC game. Yet when it came time to sign him up, the team passed. That got a lot of outside scrutiny and they faded heat for it as an organization. Some pundits railed against it, etc. Yet they held firm after giving it a ton of review, I'm sure. And they were absolutely correct.

So if you want to be mad at Zimmer because the D has shit the bed so far, that's cool. But last year under Keenum was not sustainable, it wouldn't have been replicated and Zimmer and Viking's brass knew it. It was a bold move regardless. Some fans in this forum were pissed and being fans, they got attached to Keenum and the Cinderella story. The prudent move was to wish him well and let him go elsewhere and that's exactly what happened. Full credit to the Vikings for doing so.
Lets look at it another way.

Last years D under Zimm was not sustainable.
The Vikings brass knew it during the playoffs.

Since 2nd half of Saints game Zim has been out coached badly.
The D had a horse shoe up it's ass during the regular season.

The prudent move should have been to wish Zim well and let him go elsewhere and that's exactly what should have happened. Shame on the Vikings for not doing so.

LMAO!  Good one.  I think you fooled everyone with that sarcasm.

I like Case, glad we didn't sign him long term as he overperformed last year.  That said, digging on him just doesn't seem right.  Denver is a mess.  Not much talent from what I see on offense.  Lots of rookies anyway.

So wish him well, he got paid well as a bridge to the next failed Elway draft pick.

Quote: @greediron said:
I like Case, glad we didn't sign him long term as he overperformed last year.  That said, digging on him just doesn't seem right.  Denver is a mess.  Not much talent from what I see on offense.  Lots of rookies anyway.

So wish him well, he got paid well as a bridge to the next failed Elway draft pick.
Case is a great guy. He was fun while it lasted. Great entertainment last year.
I wish him well too. Any Viking fan who doesn't is a dick, or the female equivalent  which is a word I hate so it shall go unsaid.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
What's your 'Skins fan roomie say about Cousins, is he missed?  I work with a 'Skins fan, and he's always telling me he's glad he's gone.  I can't tell if he means it or it's just sour grapes.  He wasted no time texting me a "I told you so" message immediately after the Cousins fumble last game. 
She was so mad they let him go she's refusing to watch football this year lol.

Quote: @Al (The Lochstar) Heurung said:
@HappyViking said:
What's your 'Skins fan roomie say about Cousins, is he missed?  I work with a 'Skins fan, and he's always telling me he's glad he's gone.  I can't tell if he means it or it's just sour grapes.  He wasted no time texting me a "I told you so" message immediately after the Cousins fumble last game. 
She was so mad they let him go she's refusing to watch football this year lol.

It's kind of funny, I didn't get any texts after yesterday's game.  B)