Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, I Had A Heart Attack On Sunday
Sorry to hear Barr, glad you caught it and are feeling ok!

It's a good time for a Vikings 42 Packers 6 ass kicking tomorrow!

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@KingBash said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
That's the weird thing, I pretty much felt fine afterwards...I think that's why it's so easy to ignore what's going on...it's wasn't a chest grabbing, "Elizabeth I'm coming " type thing...felt more like muscle soreness two days out from a heavy workout...
Reading this (and your original post of course) is disturbing. I was visiting my dad in MN last summer and as we're eating dinner he started coughing. Stops eating and kind of sits hunched in his chair. At first I'm laughing because I thought something went down the wrong tube but then I realize it has nothing to do with food. He's not coughing now, and his face is completely red. When I saw he was sweating profusely (I mean like it was beading on the tip of his nose) I realized something was wrong. And then he goes, "I can't get any air in. My chest feels tight."

I went to grab the phone and call an ambulance but he got really pissed and - hate to say it - convinced me not to. Starts going, "It's not a heart attack! Stop it!" Has a happy ending since he's "fine" today, but I've always wondered if it was a minor one. 
Stubborn old bastards need to be dragged in by their hair because they will die first before getting help. 
My girlfriend did want me to go in on Sunday, but I convinced her that it wasn't a heart attack...after all, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express...

Glad to hear you survived this and are making changes.  My own Dad had 10 heart attacks before the big one that killed him instantly.   Hope things get better for you and you do make good lifestyle changes!

Definitely making changes he types as he stares at Greek yogurt and fruit instead of a yummy Jimmy Deans breakfast sammy...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Definitely making changes he types as he stares at Greek yogurt and fruit instead of a yummy Jimmy Deans breakfast sammy...
Processed food my man is the devil. 

Truth, broseph...truth...

How'd that game treat ya?!  :#  :#  :#

$124,450.29

Really glad I've got good insurance.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
$124,450.29

Really glad I've got good insurance.
Ridiculous. And can be ruining to many, considering most don't have good insurance. When my wife had our babies she required in-hospital mandatory bedrest. It lasted a month. That was over $100K. And we didn't pay a penny due to our very good insurance. But healthcare costs our out of control and getting worse. As I sit here in a hotel room in Old Town Montreal, I'm thinking it's definitely time for single payer in America. 

My kid  has 26 years young on the horizon. Will no longer be eligible to be on our insurance says uncomfortable dad.

Probably will barely be able to pay for catastrophic only coverage in Cali. 

Edit - peach, pineapple and blackberry Chobani 0 is pretty good Barr. I'd imagine you can mix in some oatmeal a couple days a week instead of yogurt?