Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, I Had A Heart Attack On Sunday
No, this isn't one of my patented thread titles™

I was loading up some yard waste into the truck...it was hot as hell even at 10am...finished up, came inside to cool off...felt some soreness in my chest...then I felt some pain in my left armpit, then some pain in my left bicep, then forearm...instead of cooling off, my sweat got heavier...then I got some pain in my jaw...told my girlfriend I was going to lay down...took an aleeve as I was pretty certain I just strained something...

Eventually cooled off,  aleeve kicked in, and a hot shower took care of the rest...sat down for lunch, turned on Redzone, fired up the Kindle and I was good to go...slight little chest pain again in the third quarter, but hell, you dont heal a heart attack with a hot shower...

Monday, head to work, no issues...later in the morning I'm in the staircase heading for the third floor and there's that damn twinge again...then later in the day sitting at my desk another twinge...ok, this isn't cool...but, I felt better after a shower...

Tuesday morning, I thought about all the people who previously ignored symptoms like I had...even those who didn't ignore their symptoms and ended up in an early grave...so my girlfriend showers, I shower, as she  is getting ready I ask her to take me to the hospital...I get admitted...two hours later I'm in the Cath lab getting a stint...80% blockage in my RCA...

Scary Part 1) had I waited another week, I probably wouldn't be typing this...

Scary Part 2) had I seen a cardiologist a week earlier, he would have given me a clean bill of health. I had a full workup down three months ago with my pcp...

So, for the next year or so I'll be supporting the pharmaceutical industry...glad I've got great insurance...

Bottom line, don't ignore the warning signs.

Glad youre here to type this!!!!  Keeping you in our thoughts!!!

Holy shit Barr, glad you’re OK! I imagine your Doctor advised you to give up your Vikings famdom though...  Wink B)  

Omg! That's scary. Glad you didn't ignore it and went to the hospital. Follow up with the doctors and their recommendations. Be well and take care of you. 

Yikers...  Glad you're Ok!  Scary stuff.

Damn Barr, glad you went to the hospital and are doing ok.

Glad you caught it. I'm also glad it wasn't any worse. Sometimes if a person doesn't know or ignored what you felt like you say it could quickly become too late. Sometimes it also those sudden massive that catch people off guard. You sir have been blessed. Glad we're still reading from you. Take time to take care of yourself.

OMG Barr that is scary!  So glad you are ok!  You're a big part of this board, take care of yourself!

Yikes, scary times.  I've been down that road as well.  Glad you caught it and went to the ER in a timely fashion.  Good health to you Viking brother.

Some guys will do anything to get out of yard work, eh?  B)

Good job by not ignoring symptoms, Barr.  That's a close call you just avoided.  Now you can watch the Vikes kick the Pack around this Sunday pain free.  Glad you're going to be Ok!