Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So who's going to be the new OC?
Quote: @"greediron" said:
Bevell (shudder)
Wackadoo (hide your children)

Uggh.  I liked Shurmur.  Don't want to trade coaches with the Giants, that doesn't seem like a winning combination.

McAdoo would come here in the role that promoted him though. McAdoo did some great things with that offense. I would welcome either one

I think the thing we should be targeting most is continuity. Will be hard, if not impossible, to get a play-caller as effective as Shurmur was this year, but we can control the degree of scheme change the players on offense will have to adjust to. 

The thing that (IMO) made Shurmur so good was his blending of so many different philosophies.  He was a WCO guy, but blended Norv's deep passing, Chip Kelly's up tempo and I think some others.

Skodin, which DT did you have in mind to trade for? 

Quote: @"greediron" said:
The thing that (IMO) made Shurmur so good was his blending of so many different philosophies.  He was a WCO guy, but blended Norv's deep passing, Chip Kelly's up tempo and I think some others.
That is exactly what made Shurmur a great OC. He was able to blend the different philosophies to best manage the personnel that was given to him. Adding an uptempo element also seemed to work at times. There was just a natural comfort level between coordinator and personnel. 

Looking for what works best moving forward, its tough. Stefanski has seen plenty in his time here, but the play calling aspect of the job still has to give you a little hesitation. But ultimately they'll choose someone that fills the role and can adapt to the personnel on hand. They aren't going to make a hire to reinvent the wheel. 

Good players = good coordinators. Dalvin Cook's return is going to assist the new dude in a HUGE way. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Good players = good coordinators. Dalvin Cook's return is going to assist the new dude in a HUGE way. 
I think it works both ways.  As Geoff said, the ability to work with the personnel he had is what made the team successful.  He got the most out of his players for sure.  Gotta make the calls that allow the players to play.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I am certainly looking forward to seeing him again,  but am I the only one that gets a Sid Rice feeling with him?  I cant shake the notion that he is one of those guys that is always going to be dinged or otherwise hindered by injury.

if we keep Bradford or get a Cousins, i would love to see them go after an OC with a downfield passing element

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
I am certainly looking forward to seeing him again,  but am I the only one that gets a Sid Rice feeling with him?  I cant shake the notion that he is one of those guys that is always going to be dinged or otherwise hindered by injury.
I told you guys several things about Cook. One, he's the best RB to ever come out of FSU. Two, his fumbling issues were mainly due to him trying too hard to get extra yards since he was literally the only offense FSU had. And finally, dude got dinged up in seemingly every single game. Hammy tweak. Ankle turn. 

Having said that, he always went back in a few plays later. Dalvin is a gamer, though a perennially dinged up gamer.