Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the team gets to 6/2...
Quote: @"Skodin" said:
shhh . .  but Teddy is healthy.  If he wasn’t healthy enough, he wouldn’t be at practice, getting reps with the 1’s.

Case beats Washington, he starts vs Rams
If he struggles in the first half vs the Rams, out comes Teddy in the second half
If he loses to Washington, particularly due to his poor play, Teddy starts vs the Rams
If he beats Washington, and beats St Louis, he’s 5-1 as a starter and starts the Thanksgiving Day game, he deserves it
I think if Teddy is on plan to replace Case as starter, Rams game is it...Not on the road. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"Skodin" said:
shhh . .  but Teddy is healthy.  If he wasn’t healthy enough, he wouldn’t be at practice, getting reps with the 1’s.

Case beats Washington, he starts vs Rams
If he struggles in the first half vs the Rams, out comes Teddy in the second half
If he loses to Washington, particularly due to his poor play, Teddy starts vs the Rams
If he beats Washington, and beats St Louis, he’s 5-1 as a starter and starts the Thanksgiving Day game, he deserves it
I think if Teddy is on plan to replace Case as starter, Rams game is it...Not on the road. 
why?  fan noise?   its not like the average fan at home wont be doing the stupid ass TEDDY chant even when the offense is on the field. 

Ideally a home game would be better,   but I kind of like him getting his feet wet on a grass field ( more forgiving) as long as the conditions are decent.... also the skins defense is weaker against the pass allowing more passing yards per game and getting less sacks along the way.

Super Bowl homeboy?   I think such talk is way premature.   The 2nd half schedule is tougher and heavy with road games, and Case Keenum is what he is - a decent backup.   

That said, a friend and I did a little thought exercise recently.  Compare the following:

Ravens 2000 defense + Trent Dilfer
Bucs 2002 defense + Brad Johnson
Vikings 2017 defense + Case Keenum

I honestly can't say Keenum is any worse than the other 2 guys.   I think our defense is similar in quality to Tampa, and not as dominant as the Ravens, who were the most dominant D I've seen in my lifetime along with the 85 Bears, a couple of the 70's Steelers squads, and the 71 Vikings.

So maybe it's possible to win this way but a lot of things have to break just right.  I wouldn't go betting the house on it.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Mike Olson" said:
PF you define the Viking Fan. Ha!

I keep looking up but I just don't see any shoes ready to drop. We are a good team. At some point we have to accept that. 
LOL, hey now....you must be kidding just a smidge? 16 games in a season and these are the Vikings. Love how they've performed so far. Not projecting a slump, but more one game at a time. I'll be more optimistic with Bradford or Teddy in there that we don't hit some kind of wall. 
Of course I am!

Quote: @"comet52" said:
Super Bowl homeboy?   I think such talk is way premature.   The 2nd half schedule is tougher and heavy with road games, and Case Keenum is what he is - a decent backup.   

That said, a friend and I did a little thought exercise recently.  Compare the following:

Ravens 2000 defense + Trent Dilfer
Bucs 2002 defense + Brad Johnson
Vikings 2017 defense + Case Keenum

I honestly can't say Keenum is any worse than the other 2 guys.   I think our defense is similar in quality to Tampa, and not as dominant as the Ravens, who were the most dominant D I've seen in my lifetime along with the 85 Bears, a couple of the 70's Steelers squads, and the 71 Vikings.

So maybe it's possible to win this way but a lot of things have to break just right.  I wouldn't go betting the house on it.
The difference between home games is 1 game. 3 Home and 5 road games. People are making WAY too big of a deal out of that. Sure there's a stretch of 3 but the teams on that list that everyone thought would be lining up for their spot to travel to Minneapolis in February has slimmed down a lot

Quote: @"FSUVike" said:
7 points scored. At home. Vs. a Detroit team missing its entire LB Corps.

But yeah, this team is favored in most games going forward according to many on here.

Last year's team had zero margin for error due to an awful O-Line and no rushing attack.

This year's team has zero margin for error due to having a 2nd String QB starting most games so far, against mostly unproven or seriously banged up Defenses.

A turnover or two, missed kicks, lapses in ST coverage, unable to flip the field.  Any combination of these will result in a loss against decent teams, especially on the road.
The same is true for just about any team in the NFL, outside of those truly special teams. If you don't protect the ball, are a trainwreck on special teams, and can't gain positive yardage... it's pretty difficult to win.

Quote: @"FSUVike" said:
Mike, are you saying the 5-2 Rams are a dumpster fire? If so, I will start a gofundme to get you the NFL Redzone.
That's what I was going to say, The Rams look good, may win that Division.

Isn't there O scoring near the top of the league?

The Rams are a good team for similar reasons that the Vikings are currently.

I just want the win tomorrow and get into the bye week 6-2. Don't care how it looks or how it gets done, just win.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
The Rams are a good team for similar reasons that the Vikings are currently.

I just want the win tomorrow and get into the bye week 6-2. Don't care how it looks or how it gets done, just win.
Rams game @ USB is going to be epic - as it was when we played em at TCF a few seasons ago. But yah, worry about Cleveland and try and steal a page from Denny Greens playbook and come out of the bye strong vs Washington. 

I dont think Zimmer's teams have handled the bye well?