Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the team gets to 6/2...
I hate playing o'fer teams - dangerous. But lets make the assumption the Vikings don't beat themselves Sunday, cause the Browns shouldnt.

Where's the buzz though?  Among the fans or media?

That aside, are you starting to think this is a SB winning capable team? Always felt that going in? (liars), Other? I felt GB was going to take the North with 11+ wins. Vikes a 9 kinda win team. 

3 home games after the bye; You see 5 more wins out there after Cleveland? 

Yes.  I see that they can win any game.  It's not a guarantee it's how I feel.   At this point I see home field advantage all the way.  It's possible.  The Vikings have not even come close to playing up to their potential yet.   

Probably because we went 5-0 to start last year? Or 5-3 if you want to add the next 3 games.  6-2 isn't to far off. 

yes they can and will.... with better QB play.   I am not as down on Keenum as it likely sounds by my harping for Teddy or Sam,  but  as I have previously stated,  Case isnt doing anything to cost us the games,  but he isnt doing much to help us win them either.  We are going to need to see better play from the QB to compete against teams with decent defenses being fueled by roaring home crowds.

• 10 NOV 12 12:00PMCST ) AT [Image: redskins.png] REDSKINSGAME DAY    Loss (with the Case we have seen the most)  |  Win (with healthy Sam, Teddy, or Tampa Case)
  • 11 NOV 19 12:00PMCST ) [Image: rams.png] RAMSGAME DAY       WIN    |  WIN   -- I dont see this team losing at home to anybody again this year.
  • 12 NOV 23 11:30AMCST ) AT [Image: lions.png] LIONSGAME DAY    LOSS    | WIN
  • 13 DEC 3 12:00PMCST ) AT [Image: falcons.png] FALCONSGAME DAY   LOSS   |  LIKELY LOSS,  BUT STILL A WIN-ABLE GAME
  • 14 DEC 10 12:00PMCST * AT [Image: panthers.png] PANTHERSGAME DAY   LOSS   |  Coin Flip  ( if the Panther get healthy they can be a tough out any time)
  • 15 DEC 17 12:00PMCST * [Image: bengals.png] BENGALSGAME DAY    WIN  |  WIN
  • 16 DEC 23 7:30PMCST ' AT [Image: packers.png] PACKERSGAME DAY    LOSS  |  Coin Flip  ( its really going to depend on health and playoff status for both teams)
  • 17 DEC 31 12:00PMCST ) [Image: bears.png] BEARSGAME DAY     WIN   |   WIN 
9-7 If we ride Case out and likely 1 and done in the playoffs

11-5/10-6 at worst with healthy Sam, Teddy,  or Tampa Case

@JimmyinSD
"Tampa Case" Smile
I agree with your projections except the Falcons. Here is my thought...
13 DEC 3 12:00PMCST ) AT [Image: falcons.png] FALCONSGAME DAY   LIKELY WIN  WIN

Quote: @mblack said:
@JimmyinSD
"Tampa Case" Smile
I agree with your projections except the Falcons. Here is my thought...
13 DEC 3 12:00PMCST ) AT [Image: falcons.png] FALCONSGAME DAY   LIKELY WIN  WIN
they arent the falcons team that I was expecting pre season,  but IMO in their house they can still be a handful.

I'm surprised you are so down on the Carolina game.  I look at that game as pretty winnable either way.  Cam hasn't been playing well lately, just pouted his way out of a press conference, and the Vikings under Zimmer are 2-0 against them, including last year in Charlotte.

I don't think that Case Keenum is some fantastic QB but I think he is over-maligned here. With our defense, there isn't a single team left on the schedule that he cannot perform well enough to win against. We won't win them all, but there is nothing on our schedule to fear no matter who is in at QB (ok I have no idea on sloter as he is raw and unknown)

Here is the number of the points the team has put up with him at QB. 

9 Steelers (little prep)34 Tampa Bay7  Lions Stinker of a game20* Bears (Only played a half of football - put up 17 points Bears defense is a respectable if not good defense)23 Packers24 Ravens (a good defense)

Washington might be the toughest game on our schedule. Coming off a bye week we might be ready for them. 

L.A. Dumpster fire. I think the defense might put up enough points to win.

Detroit.... We are the better team. Had we not lost Cook in the first game I don't think we fall into the funk that we did. Still Thanksgiving at Detroit can be tough 

Atlanta isn't everything they were cracked up to be early on in the season. 

Carolina we dismantled last year. 

Cincinnati is a shit show.

Green Bay without Rodgers? And even with him our defense has been pretty solid against them. 

Chicago at home to close out the season.... That's a win unless we are resting starters.

Quote: @SFVikingFan said:
I'm surprised you are so down on the Carolina game.  I look at that game as pretty winnable either way.  Cam hasn't been playing well lately, just pouted his way out of a press conference, and the Vikings under Zimmer are 2-0 against them, including last year in Charlotte.
hedging my bet.  that was a game I went back and changed.   I think Carolina is a good team.... just in a rough patch right now and they could right that ship any week and get on a roll.

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
I don't think that Case Keenum is some fantastic QB but I think he is over-maligned here. With our defense, there isn't a single team left on the schedule that he cannot perform well enough to win against. We won't win them all, but there is nothing on our schedule to fear no matter who is in at QB (ok I have no idea on sloter as he is raw and unknown)

Here is the number of the points the team has put up with him at QB. 

9 Steelers (little prep)34 Tampa Bay7  Lions Stinker of a game20* Bears (Only played a half of football - put up 17 points Bears defense is a respectable if not good defense)23 Packers24 Ravens (a good defense)

Washington might be the toughest game on our schedule. Coming off a bye week we might be ready for them. 

L.A. Dumpster fire. I think the defense might put up enough points to win.

Detroit.... We are the better team. Had we not lost Cook in the first game I don't think we fall into the funk that we did. Still Thanksgiving at Detroit can be tough 

Atlanta isn't everything they were cracked up to be early on in the season. 

Carolina we dismantled last year. 

Cincinnati is a shit show.

Green Bay without Rodgers? And even with him our defense has been pretty solid against them. 

Chicago at home to close out the season.... That's a win unless we are resting starters.

So we have Mike's money coming in either way... 14-2.  ( do we get a first round bye and homefield in your scenario?) Smile

I had us 12-4/11-5 preseason,  I didnt think we would lose to the Lions yet otherwise I am on point thus far and I dont want to get my hopes up higher.  I also didnt think we would be relying on Case so theres the reasoning for that loss.