Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting to read/see more of a single narrative: Vikes moving up
Finally, it's draft day! Can't wait to see how this story unfolds. Here's to hoping JJM is a Viking. But I'll be just as excited with whatever name gets called.

(04-25-2024, 07:18 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Or......maybe?

https://twitter.com/NoExcuses_23/status/...7656292644

In a cesspool of drama and misinformation, this is actually interesting...
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

(04-25-2024, 07:46 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: In a cesspool of drama and misinformation, this is actually interesting...

Josh has posted things in the past likes this and he's not being coy, he knows something. What that is, who knows?
[-] The following 2 users Like StickierBuns's post:

(04-25-2024, 07:49 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Josh has posted things in the past likes this and he's not being coy, he knows something. What that is, who knows?

I agree - and I dont think he'd post this about a potential 5th rd special teamer.
[-] The following 2 users Like purplefaithful's post:

(04-25-2024, 07:32 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: Hope is not a plan son...

Vikings of course had to do their due dilligence regarding moving-up. I personally never thought it was realistic to move into top 3

Now if they like JJ and haVE a chance to get him at 4-8? Now my mindset shifts and my expectation is they F'ing land him.

They start pulling trade down shit like Geoffs mock , walk away w/out a QB? 

I'll lose my shit.

Adding a 2nd and a 3rd AND landing Penix is not a cat thru the Samsung moment for me. I think I'd actually be pretty happy with that. The thing that would piss me off is getting outmaneuvered. Trade for Maye doesn't materialize, Vikings get jumped for both McCarthy and Penix and then Nix goes before 23. Love to get two defensive players tonight, but going to bed without a QB tonight has to be seen as a failure. Well, I could probably word that better.

(04-25-2024, 07:53 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: Adding a 2nd and a 3rd AND landing Penix is not a cat thru the Samsung moment for me. I think I'd actually be pretty happy with that. The thing that would piss me off is getting outmaneuvered. Trade for Maye doesn't materialize, Vikings get jumped for both McCarthy and Penix and then Nix goes before 23. Love to get two defensive players tonight, but going to bed without a QB tonight has to be seen as a failure. Well, I could probably word that better.

Thats exactly my concern...Getting outmaneuvered trying to get cute, taking their eye off the ball. 

I dont trust this front office on draft day and it compounds for me at a pivotal draft like this one is. 

And yes, failure would be too weak of a description. Because you would have to assess not only f'ing up the draft, but whiffing on keeping Cousins on top of it - two years in a row. 

Ok, deep breath time...Breathe in/breath out...
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

Regarding Metellus, JJ extension perhaps....?
[-] The following 5 users Like Rigby's post:

(04-25-2024, 08:05 AM)Rigby Wrote: Regarding Metellus, JJ extension perhaps....?

Great guess, that's probably it.

(04-25-2024, 08:05 AM)Rigby Wrote: Regarding Metellus, JJ extension perhaps....?

Agree with Sticky, great guess!

(04-25-2024, 05:10 AM)TBro Wrote: More and more reporting seemed to confirm this yesterday. If you're New England, you have a chance to take your next Franchise QB. They have a ton of cap space, and they have Brissett as their Sam Darnold while Maye sits and learns this year. They are desperate for a new Face of the Franchise and finally move on from Brady and BB. I think the Vikings are being smart and not overpaying. I would love to get Maye at #3, but too many wins after Cousins went down has made that unlikely. I guess we will see tonight. I'm fine with whatever they decide and I will trust KOC to pick the best QB that is available in a trade up, or if we stick and pick. I have read that they like Penix more than they are letting on so maybe that is the sneaky play KOC is waiting to pull the trigger on.

Those 2 wins by Dobbs where fun but they're going to cost us tonight one way or the other.
[-] The following 3 users Like Knucklehead's post: