Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why would Tucker Carlson give Putin a Platform?
Given that Orangeboi just dodged any blame for boi-toi Vlad when asked about the death of his opponent, I laugh right out loud at anyone thinking "the Donald" is the alpha in that relationship.

He's the "catcher", and it's been kinda obvious.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Putin opposition activist Alexei Navalny dies in Russian prisonRussia’s prison agency announced Friday that prominent Vladimir Putin critic and opposition leader Alexei Navalny has died at the age of 47.
The Federal Prison Service said in a statement that Navalny felt unwell after a walk on Friday and lost consciousness, according to The Associated Press. An ambulance arrived to try to rehabilitate him, but he died, the statement added.
https://www.foxnews.com/world/putin-critic-alexei-navalny-dead-47-russian-officials-say

is this any different  than when people have convenient suicides in this country?  or other unfortunate accidents?

is our govt above reproach when we have a former president on trial for things that the sitting president gets a pass for?

its sad that the whole push for anybody but trump was to get the adults back in charge and to restore the US's image globally,  I dont see that happening and if anything we look even worse now than we ever did with Trump.  its a damn joke from the Feds on down when it comes to  the people that run our states and country.  And this is in no way pointed at one party, I am so sick of our Republican party in SD I could scream.  Fucking frauds selling out local landowners rights to out of state corporate interests.
It's not an anti-trump post, nor is it Pro Biden...

Although I suspect you know how I feel about orangeboi, his values and his political positions.  It does underscore Putin is a POS and Carlson should not have given him a platform. 

i dont understand how so many of these conversations pivot-back to yah but look at "insert Hilary or anything else here."

It's a little bit like saying dont call out Mussolini in the 30's/40's cause look @ Hitler or Tojo Wink

It circles around because no one trusts each other to do the
right thing.  No one is acting on principles
any more.  When you say things like “Hey
lets all agree that this one person I hate is a bad person, but also lets ignore
all the other people who are doing the same thing” it’s kind of hard to follow
you there.

Regardless, the more salient questions are, “Why should informed
citizens not be allowed to hear the opinions of ‘bad’ world leaders?” and “Should
this standard of censorship apply to all ‘bad’ world leaders or just the ones
you are focusing on”

It's a good question regarding censorship and while I am not personally calling for that outright, I do not believe in giving some forces in this world a platform, especially from Russia. And I would have had the same tantrum with the little dictator from NK. 

I dont believe Carlson did that interview in the spirit of journalistic freedom of speech, do you?

I do have to wonder out loud if Putins attempted repositioning/shift of Russia from a traditional left beacon to one that tries to position itself as Christian Conservative & Anti-LGBTQ is attracting alt right elements in the US???

That would explain some of the Tucker connection. 

That said, I fully understand that anyone can hear anyone these days and my howling about a Putin interview wont change much in the world. 

Jon Stewart?  The guy who was giving celabratory awards to Nazis?  Wouldn't that be the type of bad behavior that would make his information not trustable?  I can't believe they would give him a  platform.  Wink

Jon Stewart?  The guy who was giving celabratory awards to Nazis?  Wouldn't that be the type of bad behavior that would make his information not trustable?  I can't believe they would give him a  platform.  Wink
He gave an award to a wounded far-right dude in the Ukrainian Army, not something he created or forged with his own hands.

That said, his job is satire...but the fact that he went right after both of our failure codger candidates is a very positive sign that he may have found his way back to the center...and that's when he was funniest. I hope so.

Quote: @"Zanary" said:
@"medaille" said:
He gave an award to a wounded far-right dude in the Ukrainian Army, not something he created or forged with his own hands.

That said, his job is satire...but the fact that he went right after both of our failure codger candidates is a very positive sign that he may have found his way back to the center...and that's when he was funniest. I hope so.
I think its more of a sign that the left is preparing to dump Biden at the convention like some have predicted.  They all are changing the narrative on Dementia Joe's abilities.  The white house is staying the course,  but the fact that the MSM is now openly questioning him suggests the handlers are switching course IMO.

Quote: @"Zanary" said:
@"medaille" said:

Obviously the winking face means it’s tongue in cheek, but Dude
was a Nazi or at the very least was tattooing himself with common Nazi symbols.  The people who invited him to America to
participate in the games could easily have picked from a myriad of Ukranians
that didn’t have Nazi tattoos.  They didn’t
despite everyone knowing that Nazi’s are not uncommon in the Ukranian military.  They shouldn’t have put anyone in the
position of having to give an award to a Nazi. 
That’s fucked up, but it’s especially fucked up that they made Jon, a
Jew, do it.

That said I highly respect that you are suggesting that we
listen to the content of Jon’s message and judge that rather than choosing to ignore
him outright because he did something widely reviled.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Zanary" said:
@"medaille" said:

I think its more of a sign that the left is preparing to dump Biden at the convention like some have predicted.  They all are changing the narrative on Dementia Joe's abilities.  The white house is staying the course,  but the fact that the MSM is now openly questioning him suggests the handlers are switching course IMO.
Not going to happen imo....drumbeats would have been far louder by now if that was the case. 

There is nobody in the wings that I can see and we're stuck with the POTUS choices I feared were coming. 

My wife walks around fuming about Trump; I tell her dont blame Donald. Blame the Dems for making Biden their selection. 

Said the same decades ago when they backed Carter again for a 2nd term and more recently with Hilary as their choice.

I guess if you live long enough, history can repeat itself. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Zanary" said:
@"medaille" said:

Not going to happen imo....drumbeats would have been far louder by now if that was the case. 

There is nobody in the wings that I can see and we're stuck with the POTUS choices I feared were coming. 

My wife walks around fuming about Trump; I tell her dont blame Donald. Blame the Dems for making Biden their selection. 

Said the same decades ago when they backed Carter again for a 2nd term and more recently with Hilary as their choice.

I guess if you live long enough, history can repeat itself. 

if the puppeteers that have controlled the media almost completely for the last ... however long,  are suddenly reversing course and allowing Biden to be painted as the fool he is,  showing the goofs and criminal matters,  I just dont think its because they have suddenly decided to let the real light shine,  or in the case of social media,  they are no longer censoring the material.   I just suspect this is all part of somebodies plan or it wouldnt be happening.  Maybe its Hillary in 24 for a real rematch of shit candidates.

Obviously the winking face means it’s tongue in cheek, but Dude
was a Nazi or at the very least was tattooing himself with common Nazi symbols.  The people who invited him to America to
participate in the games could easily have picked from a myriad of Ukranians
that didn’t have Nazi tattoos.  They didn’t
despite everyone knowing that Nazi’s are not uncommon in the Ukranian military.  They shouldn’t have put anyone in the
position of having to give an award to a Nazi. 
That’s fucked up, but it’s especially fucked up that they made Jon, a
Jew, do it.

That said I highly respect that you are suggesting that we
listen to the content of Jon’s message and judge that rather than choosing to ignore
him outright because he did something widely reviled.

I think...well, I won't speak for JS' state of mind, but he certainly has the ability to accept/refuse any gig out there...so, if the kid were giving him severe jackboot and red armband vibes, I kinda doubt he'd have done it.

Tucker, meanwhile, would've likely offered to do an entire special on how the 10-20% of one division in all of Ukraine's military justifies his buddy Vlad launching a campaign that's deeply into 6 digits of dead.