Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why would Tucker Carlson give Putin a Platform?

In what world does this represent anything positive for U.S. interests?

[Image: 1412431.jpg]

Tucker has been a putin apologist for a long time, apparently both mirroring the orange-boi need to flatter the murderous assclown at every turn along with keeping his toe in the door for "interviews" (puff pieces for murderous oligarchs) that others can't get.
He's still an infamous liar, "interviewing" a mass-murdering career liar, after a career on a network infamously busted and hugely fined for lying.

Just sayin'.

Here's a headline from Tass today....

Putin's interview with Carlson trending on X with over 102 million views

I've watched chunks of it, and it's exactly what I expected: cherry-picking, disinformation, and everything is the west's fault.

Tucker softballed putin like Jon Stewart used to softball Hillary.

why is this a concern now?  It seems to me that Putin has been interviewed by barbara walters, george stephanopoulos, and on 60 minutes.   He's never been a good guy so why is it an issue now when Carlson does it?

It different now because it's a different context.  Putin has engaged in a war and the political dynamic of support in our country.  He's as involved in disrupting our systems now as he has been.  The interviews you refer to were in 2014, 2015, 2017, time marches on, hopefully we learned something.   

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
It different now because it's a different context.  Putin has engaged in a war and the political dynamic of support in our country.  He's as involved in disrupting our systems now as he has been.  The interviews you refer to were in 2014, 2015, 2017, time marches on, hopefully we learned something.   
I think the difference is he is the dog that got off the leash,  when he was a tool for the other party he was not a threat and the cup cake interviews were designed to engrain that "not a threat" mentality into the populous ( especially when the right people were profiting from him )  but like all things evil,  it grew beyond control and now he's a problem for them and those that profit from the new dogs.  

its a problem now because some people believe the lies they are told,  in this case its that tucker is bad and anything he does is bad,  not the lies he attempts to expose.  ( and no,  I am not a big listener of his,  but I trust those that echo his messages more than I do those that want to kill the messenger. )

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
why is this a concern now?  It seems to me that Putin has been interviewed by barbara walters, george stephanopoulos, and on 60 minutes.   He's never been a good guy so why is it an issue now when Carlson does it?
If I had to guess, it's because those interviews weren't during an invasion that's already 6 digits deep in bodies and trying to draw us, China, and all of Europe into it.

Quote: @"Zanary" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
If I had to guess, it's because those interviews weren't during an invasion that's already 6 digits deep in bodies and trying to draw us, China, and all of Europe into it.
not buying it,  there have been all kinds of interviews done with foreign leaders that have massive body counts that didnt trigger peoples sensitivities.  Didnt 60 minutes have Saddam Hussein on in the early 2000s?  I am sure there have been more over the years.  this is a about tucker bad.

Quote: @"Zanary" said:
I've watched chunks of it, and it's exactly what I expected: cherry-picking, disinformation, and everything is the west's fault.

Tucker softballed putin like Jon Stewart used to softball Hillary.
see.... if it was about outrage over interviews of people with a high body count..... there would be outrage over Hillary interviews.