Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DJ's first mock
DJ's top 50 big board released today. No huge surprises other than maybe Harrison Jr and Udunze in the top 3. CB Terrion Arnold top 6 and SEVEN OTs in the top 18. Williams 1, Maye 4, Daniels 5, Nix 23, JJM 27, Penix 40.

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah...nkings-1-0

Lots of OTs and WRs in there.  Hopefully that helps us out on draft night.  We need to hit a home run on this draft or KAM's and KOC's seat is going to get a tad warm. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Lots of OTs and WRs in there.  Hopefully that helps us out on draft night.  We need to hit a home run on this draft or KAM's and KOC's seat is going to get a tad warm. 
2 positions we are somewhat set at,  I see it more likely biting us as that will put other positions with less depth at a premium so teams could over value them and take them early.  its kind of funny as those are really the only 2 positions where I would say we couldnt use an upgrade,  and TE is guess,  but ???

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Agree. I think it helps us a lot with our 2nd round pick. With so many OTs and WRs in the top 40, it's going to push down some players who might typically go in the late 1st.

Per Tony Pauline, the Vikings have a "lot of interest" in Texas DT Byron Murphy. Maybe DJ was on to something here...

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Per Tony Pauline, the Vikings have a "lot of interest" in Texas DT Byron Murphy. Maybe DJ was on to something here...
It’s not my preferred choice but if the Wilf Era is any indication, I have to assume the Vikings Plan A is to resign Kirk and draft defense. The reports that we tried to trade up last year are intriguing, but we didn’t.

No matter how badly you, me, and most of this board would love to see a QB picked early, I am already bracing for it to not happen. In that event, DT would be a good pick. I still believe it’s either Kirk or a FRP QB. I do not think it will be both. Let’s say we resign Kirk to big money and the rookie looks awesome in the preseason… what then? Or Kirk misses time and the team has to decide on Mullens (or whoever) vs the rookie. What then? With the way the Vikings have treated Kirk’s backup position the entire time he’s been here, I’ll believe the Mentor Kirk and Padawan FRP when I see it. 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@supafreak84 said:
It’s not my preferred choice but if the Wilf Era is any indication, I have to assume the Vikings Plan A is to resign Kirk and draft defense. The reports that we tried to trade up last year are intriguing, but we didn’t.

No matter how badly you, me, and most of this board would love to see a QB picked early, I am already bracing for it to not happen. In that event, DT would be a good pick. I still believe it’s either Kirk or a FRP QB. I do not think it will be both. Let’s say we resign Kirk to big money and the rookie looks awesome in the preseason… what then? Or Kirk misses time and the team has to decide on Mullens (or whoever) vs the rookie. What then? With the way the Vikings have treated Kirk’s backup position the entire time he’s been here, I’ll believe the Mentor Kirk and Padawan FRP when I see it. 
Then we all crack open the bottle of Dom and celebrate, while Cousins leads this high-powered offense through its 3rd season, and we now have a very tradable asset next offseason (assuming we sign Kirk for more than one year). 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@supafreak84 said:

Just my opinion, but trading into the top 3 for one of those QB's isn't going to happen. Too expensive and the fact that the top 3 teams are QB needy makes it even harder to move up since you need two to tango. 

I'm just at the point where I think we take the top rated front seven defensive player on the board, wether that's Dalls Turner, Murphy or whomever. Get somebody that can cause some havoc up front. After that, let's pull a Bridgewater and trade back into the late first round and take either McCarthy, Penix or Nix. I think this is how it's trending currently and would be a smart way to play it. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3943...-draft-one

Interesting article on Flores, his scheme, and not using d-lineman in traditional roles

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@pattersaur said:
@supafreak84 said:

Just my opinion, but trading into the top 3 for one of those QB's isn't going to happen. Too expensive and the fact that the top 3 teams are QB needy makes it even harder to move up since you need two to tango. 

I'm just at the point where I think we take the top rated front seven defensive player on the board, wether that's Dalls Turner, Murphy or whomever. Get somebody that can cause some havoc up front. After that, let's pull a Bridgewater and trade back into the late first round and take either McCarthy, Penix or Nix. I think this is how it's trending currently and would be a smart way to play it. 
Agree, assuming you extend Cousins. You're not very likely going to hand the keys of this offense to a 2nd tier rookie day one.