Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Until this happens, no peace
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
one question,  why when Israel gets attacked the white house calls for a cease fire and no retaliation,  but when its the Ukraine,  he asked for billions of dollars to fund the war machine?
Because oh, let's see.....we've been doing it for the last 75 years?

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-aid-s...ar-2023-10

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
one question,  why when Israel gets attacked the white house calls for a cease fire and no retaliation,  but when its the Ukraine,  he asked for billions of dollars to fund the war machine?

Point is,   why not call for an end to the war in Ukraine?  Why not ask his buddy zelenski to be the bigger man and not retaliate?

@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

Point is,   why not call for an end to the war in Ukraine?  Why not ask his buddy zelenski to be the bigger man and not retaliate?
How is it remotely the same??

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

how are they not?  in both instances you have an aggressor that attacks a country.  in both instances you have a land dispute that has been going on forever,  in one instance retaliation is bad,  in the other we are sending billions to help the fight keep going.   I think the difference is that the funding for Israel was already in place,  so not a real safe way for a kick back for the big guy.  i dont honestly think Biden or most of the DC swamp give 2 shits about the Ukraine,  but the money that is getting funneled back from that war is hitting the right pockets so once again... bombs away.

Granted Shapiro is Jewish and as such could be considered a biased source,  but the last 20-30 minutes or so of this podcast are talking about Israel and Palestine and how things fit together in that region.   Just one perspective,  but its informative if you are interested.

@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

how are they not?  in both instances you have an aggressor that attacks a country.  in both instances you have a land dispute that has been going on forever,  in one instance retaliation is bad,  in the other we are sending billions to help the fight keep going.   I think the difference is that the funding for Israel was already in place,  so not a real safe way for a kick back for the big guy.  i dont honestly think Biden or most of the DC swamp give 2 shits about the Ukraine,  but the money that is getting funneled back from that war is hitting the right pockets so once again... bombs away.
I think the two are fundamentally different for 2 reasons.  The first is that we’re using Ukraine to deplete
Russia’s resources, so we’re trying to promote an endless war there such that
Russia will economically break and regime change will happen.  We can’t really say we want peace, because I
think Russia probably would call our bluff.  Israel doesn’t really need resources.  They’re fighting a much smaller enemy.  We can say we want peace there and Israel can
just do what it wants.

Secondly, I think there’s a difference in public opinion on
who the bad guys are.  With Ukraine, it’s
pretty cut and dry in terms of public opinion. 
Ukraine good, Russia bad.  Most
people aren’t aware of the US’s role in pushing for this war to happen.  With Israel it isn’t so cut and dry, with
Israel oppressing the Palestinians and Hamas committing acts of terror.  If Israel gets bad publicity for being too
reckless in attacking not just Hamas, but also innocent Civilians, I think Biden
will want to say that he advocated for a ceasefire because the blowback would
be pretty toxic.  That said, I’m not sure
it will mean much as we’re pretty linked at the hips.
I'm just spitballing, so who knows?

Isolationists were screaming loudly in the 30's too...Imagine if they got their way?

Like it or not, its a global economy and that dictates an awful lot from now on. 

I would have sided with an isolationist dogma in the 60's and in regards to Vietnam - unfortunately they got neutered by Kennedy/Johnson/Nixon. 

[Image: eyJpdSI6ImE1YzQ5ZGQ1NDg1YzdhYzU2ODlhZDU3...iOjR9.webp]

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Isolationists were screaming loudly in the 30's too...Imagine if they got their way?

Like it or not, its a global economy and that dictates an awful lot from now on. 

I would have sided with an isolationist dogma in the 60's and in regards to Vietnam - unfortunately they got neutered by Kennedy/Johnson/Nixon. 

If you listen to RFK Jr,  the Kennedy bros wanted nothing to do with Vietnam,  and nobody is saying isolationism,  but its high fucking time other countries start donating blood and money to this fucking global police force that it takes to defend this global economy,  and when its time to kick some ass,  lets cut this bull shit feel good crap out.  The Hamas terrorists need to be eradicated like the vermin they are,  I dont need to hear about their rights or any such shit.  They raped and  killed women and children,   they have no rights IMO.  If Isreal want to go it alone then I say let them take the gloves off and stay out of their way.  Its sad that Palestinian civilians will suffer,  but thats the cost of war sometimes.

@"purplefaithful" said:

If you listen to RFK Jr,  the Kennedy bros wanted nothing to do with Vietnam,  and nobody is saying isolationism,  but its high fucking time other countries start donating blood and money to this fucking global police force that it takes to defend this global economy,  and when its time to kick some ass,  lets cut this bull shit feel good crap out.  The Hamas terrorists need to be eradicated like the vermin they are,  I dont need to hear about their rights or any such shit.  They raped and  killed women and children,   they have no rights IMO.  If Isreal want to go it alone then I say let them take the gloves off and stay out of their way.  Its sad that Palestinian civilians will suffer,  but thats the cost of war sometimes.
You and I are actually in violent agreement about NATO and others shouldering more of the load.

Hamas is hiding behind the civilians they govern and that is an atrocity in and of itself. It will absolutely cause more civilian casualties. 

At some point, the talk has to get serious about a Palestinian homeland in the West Bank/Gaza. But that time looks even further out on the horizon,

Lots of people in the IDF/Intelligence and Netanyahu govt will have their days in spotlight and have some spraining to do.

This was a massive failure on all their part. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

You and I are actually in violent agreement about NATO and others shouldering more of the load.

Hamas is hiding behind the civilians they govern and that is an atrocity in and of itself. It will absolutely cause more civilian casualties. 

At some point, the talk has to get serious about a Palestinian homeland in the West Bank/Gaza. But that time looks even further out on the horizon,

Lots of people in the IDF/Intelligence and Netanyahu govt will have their days in spotlight and have some spraining to do.

This was a massive failure on all their part. 

The Israelis pulled out of gaza almost 20 years ago,  immediately hamas moves in and somehow its Isreal that is the bad guy?  I'm sure there's been some shit along the  way,  but hamas exists for 1 thing and that is to kill jews.  Maybe the rest of the Muslim countries in that area need to step up and clean up the terrorist shit that seems to rule most of those counties.  I dont understand how Islam is supposed to be a peaceful religion,  but its core  countries seem to be dominated by pieces of shit.

I also don't understand how progressives keep trying to defend the terrorists yet try to be pro gay, trans, and all sorts of other things that would get somebody tortured or killed by those they supposedly support.