Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
49ers name Darnold #2, pursuing options with Lance
Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
Lance to Dallas for a 4th round pick
One of Jerry's boys now. Honestly, Niners got more than I thought they'd get.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3825...th-rounder

And they picked up his contract. Dak just turned 30, he's got 5+ years left minimum. I guess 4th rounders don't mean much to some teams anymore. Kirko Chainz was a 4th rounder.

For shits and giggles: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news...o-cowboys/

Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
A little more than I thought as well. But maybe we shouldn't be surprised. It's a QB...on a rookie contract...who was once a top 5 pick. That's worth something. 

Didn't make sense for the Vikings because of Jaren Hall and the fact that the Vikings will likely target a QB in next year's draft. The Cowboys had career QB3 Will Grier as their 3rd QB. That's a little different. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Didn't make sense for the Vikings because of Jaren Hall and the fact that the Vikings will likely target a QB in next year's draft. The Cowboys had career QB3 Will Grier as their 3rd QB. That's a little different. 
The reports were that the 49ers had several offers, Shanahan said a 4th was more than they though they would get, so it is very possible the Vikes had an offer in on him and Cowboys decided to outbid everyone.  Kwesi has 49er ties and we were rumored to be interested in him previously, so I would think we probably were one of the teams with an offer.  

Quote: @"JR44" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
The reports were that the 49ers had several offers, Shanahan said a 4th was more than they though they would get, so it is very possible the Vikes had an offer in on him and Cowboys decided to outbid everyone.  Kwesi has 49er ties and we were rumored to be interested in him previously, so I would think we probably were one of the teams with an offer.  
Definitely a possibility. Not something I would've done, but the Wilfs stopped taking my phone calls years ago. 

Looks like hes a Cowboy.  Saddle up bitches

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
A little more than I thought as well. But maybe we shouldn't be surprised. It's a QB...on a rookie contract...who was once a top 5 pick. That's worth something. 

I don't get it (Vikes not pursuing Lance)...if in fact,  the NFL is moving towards multi-dimensional  QBs.  (like Lamar J, J. Love, Patrick M, Josh A, Trevor L, Anthony R, etc). 

Jaren Hall,  25 yo 6'0, 207lbs, 9 1/2" hands,  production score 74, athleticism score 82, total score 76.  Position rank in draft, 8th. 
Trey Lance, 23 yo 6'4 224lbs,  9 1/8 hands,  production score 83, athleticism score 87, total score 88.  Position rank in draft, 3rd.  

9'ers started him beginning of last year, with an otherwise loaded roster, before his injury.  

IMO, Serious mistake not getting him on the cheap.  Hope I'm wrong.