Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
49ers name Darnold #2, pursuing options with Lance
It's official. What a colossally bad trade up they made for Trey Lance. Horrible. Purdy seems to have saved them, but let's not count those chickens yet. 

I agree - terrible trade so far. 

Oh well, too bad. 

I feel bad for Lance now - that kid needs a chance to get out of the spotlight and curate a while. 

Not his fault he was so over-drafted. Reminiscent of Ponder in that regard. But Lance is an even bigger gaffe. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

Oh well, too bad. 

I feel bad for Lance now - that kid needs a chance to get out of the spotlight and curate a while. 

Not his fault he was so over-drafted. Reminiscent of Ponder in that regard. But Lance is an even bigger gaffe. 
Ponder at least played some big boy games in college and played at Florida State. Lance played few games, threw few passes and played in a way lesser than conference. And nobody moved up and gave up what San Fran did to get Lance for Ponder. I don't see an apples for apples comparison. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Oh well, too bad. 

Ponder at least played some big boy games in college and played at Florida State. Lance played few games, threw few passes and played in a way lesser than conference. And nobody moved up and gave up what San Fran did to get Lance for Ponder. I don't see an apples for apples comparison. 
My only point being both Ponder and Lance were over-drafted, they then carried the burden that goes with it. 

RS panicked and took Christian while the 49'ers thought they were smarter than everyone else and made a whopper of a move. 

@"StickyBun" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Oh well, too bad. 

My only point being both Ponder and Lance were over-drafted, they then carried the burden that goes with it. 

RS panicked and took Christian while the 49'ers thought they were smarter than everyone else and made a whopper of a move. 
Its actually one of the worst trades in recent memory: 2 first round picks and a 3rd round pick to move up and he's only been in the NFL 2 seasons. Ugh.

I'd still be interested in kicking the tires on a long-term project, let him ride the pine and steep in a system while regaining his swagger.

That said, I wouldn't give more than a 6th round pick for him...or maybe some of our excess WRs that we'll be releasing soon, anyway....

Quote: @"Zanary" said:
I'd still be interested in kicking the tires on a long-term project, let him ride the pine and steep in a system while regaining his swagger.

That said, I wouldn't give more than a 6th round pick for him...or maybe some of our excess WRs that we'll be releasing soon, anyway....
My thinking as well...

I suspect the 49'ers may keep him at this point. At least one more year. Unless some team is willing to offer more than a 4th or something that has some face saving grace. 

I'd send em one of our depth TE's or WR's and a 6th.

@"Zanary" said:

My thinking as well...

I suspect the 49'ers may keep him at this point. At least one more year. Unless some team is willing to offer more than a 4th or something that has some face saving grace. 

I'd send em one of our depth TE's or WR's and a 6th.
why not take that 6th and use it on a flyer with a better pedigree?  If we could get him for a player to be cut,  sure, but lets get off the sending mid to late round picks on flyers please.  if the best QB guru HC says he's done, then what do we think we are going to get out of him?

small town HS,  small time college and almost no resume there at that,  and nothing to show for a pro career.  I feel for the kid,  he can console himself in the 34 million he is guaranteed from his rookie deal.  it sucked that he was over drafted,  but that didnt prevent him from succeeding, what would have really sucked is if he had been a 7th rounder and still sucked and only have about a million to show.

Its crazy how some teams get so enamored by some college quarterback that has one great season against inferior talent.  They think this is the next great quarterback that is going to save our franchise.  Lets draft him no matter what it costs.  Brock Purdy may have saved John Lynch's job.

Pelissario reporting they are now looking to trade him with the Vikings thought to be a destination that makes sense. 

If the Vikings don't feel like there's upside with Hall, might as well...