Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB on Netflix
Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Montana Tom" said:
I watched more episodes of Quarterback and I have to agree with some here.  Cousins is tough.  One thing that crossed my mind is wouldn't he want to leave Minnesota for someplace where he didn't get hit as much?  
That places the blame on the # of hits he takes on the team and system. 

Part of that is on him and his statuesque play. The difference between Kirko vs Mahomes/Mariota' mobility is stark. 

He's also a midwest guy. In his younger years, I could see him thriving in the bible belt. But not sure he'd be happy out West or in the NE. 

hell,  I think Brady was more mobile ( in the pocket ) that Kirk,  but as long as he keeps getting up its ok,  except for the lost plays as a result.  I dont know if his hits vs Bradys hits were as much about the OL play,  or about teams not respecting Kirk as much,  or what,  but its crazy how many more hard shots he takes vs what I have seen Brady take over the years,  seeing how neither are "mobile" QBs.  That cant all be OL.
Brady basically got a rule named after him and definitely got more protection due to his status as a star player. Cousins hits are a combination of OL play and his lack of mobility. He did move around more last season, he needs to be aware of when the pressure is coming though and the OL needs to keep improving. Also Ingram needs to quit stepping on Cousins feet.
Brady had master footwork within the pocket and also knew when to fold - thus not hit so much.  Kirk stands in there like a champ or chumpSmile  kidding.   

I came away from watching that series respecting the QB position even more than I did before.  The amount of work these guys do during the season is unreal and then offseason conditioning etc..  sure, we know they are paid well but after you are already paid well to have that drive and dedication is not common.  For Kirk to be going into his 14th season and age 35 and do those things is amazing.  

I found Kirk less nerdy than I expected just a super nice guy!

I also came away really liking Mahomes.  He seems really focused on his family and also has an excellent work ethic.