Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roe v Wade struck down by SCOTUS
Sure some women report and others do not, but some are traumatized after reporting. I remember as a 13 year old the disgusting questions I got from my guidance counselor and law enforcement. I remember officers asking what I did to provoke him. I remember being asked about what mixed signals I was sending off because as a 13 year old apparently I was responsible for a grown man losing control or giving in to his urges (the officer's words not mine).

I got asked about what I was wearing and what I said to him and so on. So sure going through that and then having to bring the police report to the doctor as proof of victimization like some sort of grotesque brand isn't bad enough. Shame and guilt the girl or woman again and as much as possible just because like here's my rape papers doc. And I know my situation happened years ago but the process of reporting for victims and survivors is still awful. It is psychologically damaging. It stays with you. But again why should a woman be forced to divulge that to her doctor? Again regardless of the reason for her decision, why does she have to be burdened repeatedly in order to make a decision about her life and her body whether other people like it or not? Doesn't she matter at all? Where is her voice? 

The abortion issue among Viking media...I struggle to figure out what the fuck these idiots might be thinking....but I think Luke is close. 

https://twitter.com/LukeBraunNFL/status/...65248?s=20&t=25-WI5lHVfqXrWNM9F1ZWw

Luke made an accurate observation. It's about control and repression. The contempt for women is real and disgusting.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"badgervike" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
Absolutely disgusting day for women everywhere. Bodily autonomy is still a fight, the power of self-determination is gone for many. Look for increase in poverty, child abuse, domestic violence, lack of access to care and self-induced abortion. 
Shouldn't that be "menstruating person"?  Don't want you getting in trouble with the Woke pollice given the OP on this thread stated "So disgusted by the righrwing extremists forcing their wacko beliefs on everyone."
Jesus there are some dumbshits on this board. 
Yes indeed.  Just be careful when pointing your finger at others.
I always point, but you're free to point back. 

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
Luke made an accurate observation. It's about control and repression. The contempt for women is real and disgusting.
Women just need to control their intake of semen....

https://twitter.com/EmmaKennedy/status/1...08961?s=20&t=DsCVTn87gYMD4Sc_2ypcTQ

Sure some women report and others do not, but some are traumatized after reporting. I remember as a 13 year old the disgusting questions I got from my guidance counselor and law enforcement. I remember officers asking what I did to provoke him. I remember being asked about what mixed signals I was sending off because as a 13 year old apparently I was responsible for a grown man losing control or giving in to his urges (the officer's words not mine).

I got asked about what I was wearing and what I said to him and so on. So sure going through that and then having to bring the police report to the doctor as proof of victimization like some sort of grotesque brand isn't bad enough. Shame and guilt the girl or woman again and as much as possible just because like here's my rape papers doc. And I know my situation happened years ago but the process of reporting for victims and survivors is still awful. It is psychologically damaging. It stays with you. But again why should a woman be forced to divulge that to her doctor? Again regardless of the reason for her decision, why does she have to be burdened repeatedly in order to make a decision about her life and her body whether other people like it or not? Doesn't she matter at all? Where is her voice? 
Wow. Thank you for sharing that. I suspect your experience is not unusual. Unfortunately, there will now be thousands of young girls raped by their fathers, uncles, neighbors, who will now have no choice but to carry to term, their lives forever altered through no fault of their own. 

I did read about a fund being set up for girls and women in banned states to travel to free states for abortions. A sort of Underground Railroad for women who want a say in what happens to their bodies.

I hope it's legit, because I think this will be well funded. The only question is, will these fuck wads go after them? From Kavanaugh: “It’s hard to tell at this point, but I think it’s likely that [the prosecutors] will go after the people that help the woman get the abortion,” he said. “The person who drives them, the doctor who sees them.” Both Texas and Oklahoma recently passed abortion bans that allow private citizens to sue people who perform abortions or who otherwise help someone get one.

What an embarrassing, shameful time for this country. 

I totally understand that rape is a horrible violation and would never wish it on anyone.  As you state, talking about the rape to a doctor and the police is further traumatizing.  However, rape is not a private matter between the victim and the rapist.  It is in the public interest to protect women by prosecuting rapists.  Justice and punishment of the perp can only occur if he is identified and evidence is gathered.  So the flipside decision has to be made.  Let the perp walk and potentially rape again or identify and allow evidence to be collected so the perp can be prosecuted and punished.  We would all prefer that women were never in this situation leading to a need to make the above decision.

Emergency contraception should be easily and readily available in the case of rape.  I would imagine that provision is automatic during a hospital visit and I believe  available from other sources as well but I have no idea on what is required to obtain it

Quote: @"IDVikingfan" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:

I totally understand that rape is a horrible violation and would never wish it on anyone.  As you state, talking about the rape to a doctor and the police is further traumatizing.  However, rape is not a private matter between the victim and the rapist.  It is in the public interest to protect women by prosecuting rapists.  Justice and punishment of the perp can only occur if he is identified and evidence is gathered.  So the flipside decision has to be made.  Let the perp walk and potentially rape again or identify and allow evidence to be collected so the perp can be prosecuted and punished.  We would all prefer that women were never in this situation leading to a need to make the above decision.

Emergency contraception should be easily and readily available in the case of rape.  I would imagine that provision is automatic during a hospital visit and I believe  available from other sources as well but I have no idea on what is required to obtain it
I am fully aware that rape is not a private matter and of the public interest angle. I am also aware of credibility being questioned as far as victims and survivors are concerned. I am aware of a system that works against us. I am aware of the backlog of rape kits that are not being tested. These kits languish in a storage facilities, sometimes evidence gets lost. Sometimes prosecutors or district attorneys decide a case isn't strong enough. Sometimes serial rapists are allowed to continue because kits are not being tested. This is not law and order, the crime is not solved in a hour. It is not nice, neat and tidy. So no victims don't want to let the perp walk but the system may do that anyway. Working with victims and survivors, I have personally seen that emergency contraception is not always easily available. I definitely understand why so many rapes and assaults go unreported.