Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doogie: 'Vikings have offered contract extension to Cousins'
Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
I think we've established that this poster doesn't watch games. 
And the site narcissistic chirps in on cue.  Yes, we all know only your opinion matters, this board should be named after you and be all about you.......but then again with 50% of the posts being yours is pretty much is. 

it seems lately there also have been more opportunity to play from behind, 4th quarter comebacks, etc. because our defense sux, and we are playing from behind.

Face it, when you get beat by Detroit, and have to kick a 50 yard field goal to beat them to split....theres something wrong

Quote: @JR44 said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
I think we've established that this poster doesn't watch games. 
And the site narcissistic chirps in on cue.  Yes, we all know only your opinion matters, this board should be named after you and be all about you.......but then again with 50% of the posts being yours is pretty much is. 
[Image: et7bo650sfdv.jpeg]

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
Do you ever look at stats or only the end result and then base your decision on that? Deshaun Watson must be a scrub too
I thought the whole point of the game was to win??  So you also think Kirk plays well on MNF or do we excuse the 1-10 record?  I'll take the player who makes the plays to win game over the professional stat builder. 
[Image: exylcskrduhm.png]

Here's a good stat -- when a thread has over 30 posts, 95% chance someone has become pissy in the thread.

We have watched Cousins constantly take the team downfield when it mattered. At the same time, we’ve seen missed kicks and often a defense giving up the game after he’s driven down in the last two minutes to go ahead. We have all witnessed the Zimmer patented soft zone that guarantees to other team moves the ball with ease towards the end of the game. Lastly, Cousins very rarely gives up a turnover in the last two minutes. 
People who dislike him conveniently ignore these contributing factors that are completely outside of his control. He can’t play the defense or be the coach making the calls as well. He can only do his part of the job. I read a lot of spurious conclusions in regards to Cousins performances and this is but one of the many. We can add the false belief that Cousins is padding stats. That’s complete nonsense. We are rarely in a position for him to do that. On top of that, we’ve had a coach that goes the opposite way with even the smallest of leads. Zimmer might be the most conservative coach I’ve ever seen with a lead. 
Overall, much of the complaints on Cousins are not rational. So we see the same absurd regurgitation of things like W/L having anything to do with the capability of a QB. People don’t like Cousins because of his contract, his personality or play style. Perhaps, make those your reasons for wanting something else, instead of clinging to irrational conclusions.

The Vikings front office must be pushing hard for a decision right now. In the past hour there are tweets and posts saying they are really into moving him. That many “sources” saying the same thing means, in my option, that the front office reached out to press and pundits to kick up the narrative. Hopefully this means we’ll get an answer one way or the other today. 

Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
The Vikings front office must be pushing hard for a decision right now. In the past hour there are tweets and posts saying they are really into moving him. That many “sources” saying the same thing means, in my option, that the front office reached out to press and pundits to kick up the narrative. Hopefully this means we’ll get an answer one way or the other today. 
[Image: 0tp24yfjrjf6.jpg]

Differing opinions, different takes, and differing ways to get us to a SB competitive team exist and can be as valid as the group think of the most consistent and repetitive posters.   

For example:  I can understand why the posters who want to extend Kirk.  They think he is good enough to get us to the promised land and make us playoff caliber for the next few years.  I don't want to try and speak for them but most of their thought process is stat based (he is clearly a Top 8-10 QB consistently) and the thought that we have a good enough base of players with a couple tweaks and better coaching to surround Kirk and shift those stats into "team" wins.

I am in the other group.  The group who are labeled irrational, don't know football, can't interpret stats as well, don't watch football, etc....  all because we don't see things the way they want us too.  These posters then group up and chide with the labels.  

I noticed most of the same posters who supported Zimmer a few years longer because they know stats, they know football, and are rational.  Now that he is gone they are quick to throw him under the bus and blame him for all that went wrong.  Zimmer bad...Kirk good.  

Also, they are so much smarter then us that they know that drafting a QB who could become a good starting NFL QB is very low and not worth the risk vs reward of maybe finding a franchise QB on a cheap contract to build around.  They wish we could understand that this is the only way!  No, FA guys like Kirk, Bradford etc are clearly the better approach just because that is what we have done with awesome results for the majority of this teams history.  

Lastly, I wonder what their reaction will be in a few years if we extend Kirk and the results are the same as we have seen with his first 4 years here and 4 with Washington.  Then maybe they will have seen enough like several us now have seen enough naively of course.  

I also wonder what they will think if the new regime trades him.  Will it be because the new regime is irrational, can't interpret stats, don't know football or will it automatically switch their banter and chiding and come to an epiphany that Kirk was not the answer....yikes!

My point:  Let's allow differing opinions without pretending it is beyond your comprehension as to why someone has a differing opinion.  Not everyone thinks the same and it doesn't make them less of a fan or just stupid.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
Do you ever look at stats or only the end result and then base your decision on that? Deshaun Watson must be a scrub too
I thought the whole point of the game was to win??  So you also think Kirk plays well on MNF or do we excuse the 1-10 record?  I'll take the player who makes the plays to win game over the professional stat builder. 
[Image: exylcskrduhm.png]
Lolololz we won the Monday Night game this year and won our only Monday night game last year. I guess Kirk and Kirk only plays to win the game, huh?