Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOOOOOLLLLD up... Mond wasn't vaccinated either?!?
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
[Image: S_PZxhKU_bigger.jpg]
My favorite maga moron talking point:

"I'm not getting vaccinated just because the CDC tells me to - the CDC is part of the government! I'm waiting for full approval from the FDA!"
Ha! Reminds me of this...

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
From the New York Times:
"Physicians working in Covid hot spots across the nation say that the patients in their hospitals are not like the patients they saw last year. Almost always unvaccinated, the new arrivals tend to be younger, many in their 20s or 30s. And they seem sicker than younger patients were last year, deteriorating more rapidly.
"Doctors have coined a new phrase to describe them: “younger, sicker, quicker.” Many physicians treating them suspect that the Delta variant of the coronavirus, which now accounts for more than 80 percent of new infections nationwide, is playing a role.
Studies done in a handful of other countries suggest that the variant may cause more severe disease, but there is no definitive data showing that the new variant is somehow worse for young adults.
"Some experts believe the shift in patient demographics is strictly a result of lower vaccination rates in this group."

But Covid only affects the older people with commodities. 

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"Nichelle" said:
I wonder how the Washington Football Team did it. They went from 60% pre-camp to 84% a week later. We were just posting about Ron Rivera's frustration and an ex-NFL player who said that Ron should step away from the game instead of players getting vaccinated.

Maybe once players see that the league is at 90% overall, there will be more willingness to take care of this. Some may never change their stance, but maybe after seeing what happened during the first week of camp, others will.
Maybe Zim needs to call Ron. I think some of the WTF players were defending their guy a bit after those comments too. Something has to be done though.
And I'm sure it doesn't help that the Vikings have a member of the coaching staff also not getting vaccinated.

The year is 2025.  NFL Network airs their new episode of "Missing Rings". 

Today we feature the 2021 Minnesota Vikings.  They had everything going right in the playoffs.  1st round bye, thwomped the GB Packers in the divisional round.  Beat the Goat in the NFCC game.  The as things always seem to go for the Vikings, 30% of the team will miss the Superbowl including QB Kirk Cousins due to covid caught during their playoff success celebrations. 

Quote: @"Nichelle" said:
I wonder how the Washington Football Team did it. They went from 60% pre-camp to 84% a week later. We were just posting about Ron Rivera's frustration and an ex-NFL player who said that Ron should step away from the game instead of players getting vaccinated.

Maybe once players see that the league is at 90% overall, there will be more willingness to take care of this. Some may never change their stance, but maybe after seeing what happened during the first week of camp, others will.
I think it's just organic progress. To torture a quote, I think the arc of belief is long but bends toward truth.

I think most educated people, after hearing from professionals who separate myth from reality, will make the right choice. It's why I have hope for Thielen, Smith, Richardson, etc. It's the "true believers" who are the problem. The ones who will happily die before changing their minds, because persecution and ridicule is part of their walk with God, and just another test of their faith. 

And I'm afraid our starting QB is one of those. 

Connecting the dots...  does anyone else think our league low vaccination rate is directly tied to the fact that our starting QB is against getting the COVID vaccine?  If we find out Kirk is influencing players to not get the vaccine and he and other players miss time this season due to COVID...  I think we'll see Kirk in a different uniform next year, cap hit be damned.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
Connecting the dots...  does anyone else think our league low vaccination rate is directly tied to the fact that our starting QB is against getting the COVID vaccine?  If we find out Kirk is influencing players to not get the vaccine and he and other players miss time this season due to COVID...  I think we'll see Kirk in a different uniform next year, cap hit be damned.
I think he's too much of a pansy to be outspoken on a huge issue. I'm sure, if asked, he voices his beliefs but I doubt he's out there trying to influence others.

@"jargomcfargo" said:
Don't be surprised if he gets cut.
They aren't cutting Mond, lol.
Yeah, just joking. Although the odds against Mond becoming franchise NFL QB are stacked against him, he shows great potential and I can't wait to see how he does. 

Connecting the dots...  does anyone else think our league low vaccination rate is directly tied to the fact that our starting QB is against getting the COVID vaccine?  
Doesn't this run counter to the idea that he's not much of a leader? I think Cousins is the most underrated QB in the NFL. But I've always believed that lack of true leadership was his biggest flaw.

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
The year is 2025.  NFL Network airs their new episode of "Missing Rings". 

Today we feature the 2021 Minnesota Vikings.  They had everything going right in the playoffs.  1st round bye, thwomped the GB Packers in the divisional round.  Beat the Goat in the NFCC game.  The as things always seem to go for the Vikings, 30% of the team will miss the Superbowl including QB Kirk Cousins due to covid caught during their playoff success celebrations. 
Yep, my favorite sports team doomed by a Cult of personality!  Just my Viking luck.