Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what a world we live in...
Quote: @"Skodin" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"BigAl99" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
its not just that story,  its all the stories that have had the media frothing for weeks/months after that are bull shit and proven to be so,  but this heinous act barely gets any news time.  jussie smollet- fraud,  bubba wallace noose- proven to have been there long before it was his stall,  and other shit like this... the media spins and spins to sell a narrative that isnt there,  they fall all over themselves attacking some christian conservative kids ( i dont remember the whole end result) and then when that story is bull shit... silence   and many more things in the past year or so,  but a little boy gets blown away in front of his house and its a non story.

and for MBlack trying to once again paint me as the racist... fuck you, you piece of shit,   if this happened on the south side where a white man killed a little black boy/girl, I would be just as outraged,  but then again,  that would have made front page news for weeks, and it likely would have led to riots,  violence, and what not.  how is it not front page news however when a black man kills kids on the south side though,  happens weekly but that story isnt told nearly as often or as wide if they cant spin it to motivate hatred among minorities,  or to fertilize that seed of oppression... its not news worthy,  even though just as tragic regardless of skin color.

the media uses race to sell their shit and piss off minorities to push a political agenda,  but I am the racist one for calling them out on their shit.... fucking right... what a world we live in.

I think you just called MBlack a name much worse than numbnutz.  So ban yourself, unless you are blatant hypocrite too.  You say you can be a moderator and post your opinions without being a fascist?  

Its easier to step away when the name calling starts.  I think most of us who don't commune at the rail of leftism are just sick of being called racists simply because we don't always agree with the lefts agenda.
I am speaking for myself here so my ask still stands... please show me where I called Jimmy a racist or insinuated he was one.
It’s this eternal unwillingness of conservatives to admit they are ever wrong.  They instantly become defensive and lob insults just the same as the people they talk shit about.  The “Christians” who love to follow the words of Jesus, except for when it applies to people who look different than them.  

The OP literally painted George Floyd as a “bad man” who was on “drugs”.  

Doesn’t sound very graceful, forgiving, understanding, compassionate to a man who needlessly died at the knee of a civil servant through a gross use of power.  

Also, news flash, there are millions of white folk who are also on “drugs” every day, some of them illegal, most of them not.  If you knew anything about drugs outside of being scared of them due to the War on Drugs you would realize the differences in them.

Black, drugs = bad deserves what comes to them
White, child = this is a tragedy

Where the fuck was the outrage regarding Elijah McClain or Tamir Rice?  

It’s not racism, it’s hypocrisy at its finest.  Then again, we saw that from the same crew of Christians when the stimulus checks were going out for everyone and their kids.  At that point, the kids in womb were not deemed children therefore the mothers didn’t deserve a check for them.

Mental gymnastics must be tiring

Floyd didn't deserve to die just because he resisted arrest.  But just because he was a victim, that doesn't make him "good".  He was on drugs, by the way.  Maybe that wasn't reported on MSNBC.  And he was high on them when he was being arrested.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I read that they were capable of giving its users hallucinations.  By the way: white people who do drugs are "bad people", too.  So are people that lie... and people that hate other people.  

As for the outrage regarding Elijah or Tamir: I would say that your accusation would hold water, if "Christians" (I don't know how that got dragged into this, other than as an act of bigotry) were here being outraged about *some* tragedies and not others.  Seems like that was exactly the point that Jimmy was trying to make: that the people who come here "outraged" only seem outraged about "some" tragedies and not others.  

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"Skodin" said:
It’s not racism, it’s hypocrisy at its finest.  Then again, we saw that from the same crew of Christians when the stimulus checks were going out for everyone and their kids.  At that point, the kids in womb were not deemed children therefore the mothers didn’t deserve a check for them.

Don't know how you arrived that Christians were saying no to stimulus checks for parents with an unborn child.  The stimulus checks are based on 2019 tax returns.  $500 stimulus checks are given for each born child within a given age range based on the 2019 return.  Parents of babies born in 2020 are eligible for a $500 tax credit on their 2020 taxes.  Makes sense, no mental gymnastics required.
It was an argument here that took place during the stimulus roll out.  It was taboo to ask about the sacred fetuses receiving a check.  

Cool because poor people (Who historically haven’t paid any considerable amount in federal income tax annually) really love when they can eat/pay rent/survive with their fucking tax credit.  

Yes, sounds very Christ like
Honest question: do you even know what Christ has said?  Most liberals don't.  They take some of the "stuff" that they like (usually out of context) and then make a false idol out of it... and ignore who Jesus really was and what He actually came to do.    

Quote: @"pumpf" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Floyd was just the latest in a long line of unarmed black men and women killed by the people we employ to protect and serve. Many with long histories of abuse. There have been hundreds. It's out of control, people are sick of it and that's what the protests are about. Understandable by any clear-thinking person. 

The kid who was shot by his neighbor is an incredibly sad story. Who knows what's behind that. What motivating factor compels one to shoot a little boy!!? Vengeance? Mental illness? I guess it's possible, but I can't imagine race being a factor here.

So to whine about the "lack of coverage," and draw some sort of equivalency between Cannon and Floyd is just...sickening. 

Jimmy, you want to go protest, go protest. But I can't imagine what your sign is going to say. 
A "long line"?  Wow.  How do you define "long"?  
Some really have no shame. We are going to now debate what "long" is? Seriously?
Anyway here is a list for you. Please let me know if that meets your criteria of long so we can start worrying

@"Skodin" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"Skodin" said:

Don't know how you arrived that Christians were saying no to stimulus checks for parents with an unborn child.  The stimulus checks are based on 2019 tax returns.  $500 stimulus checks are given for each born child within a given age range based on the 2019 return.  Parents of babies born in 2020 are eligible for a $500 tax credit on their 2020 taxes.  Makes sense, no mental gymnastics required.
It was an argument here that took place during the stimulus roll out.  It was taboo to ask about the sacred fetuses receiving a check.  

Cool because poor people (Who historically haven’t paid any considerable amount in federal income tax annually) really love when they can eat/pay rent/survive with their fucking tax credit.  

Honest question: do you even know what Christ has said?  Most liberals don't.  They take some of the "stuff" that they like (usually out of context) and then make a false idol out of it... and ignore who Jesus really was and what He actually came to do.    
At the bold. That must be a new one. Do you even think before posting this stuff? Let's file this under the category of "hasty generalization" so it is not deemed stupid - which very well could be a more appropriate category.

Quote: @"IDVikingfan" said:
@"Skodin" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"Skodin" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"Skodin" said:

Okay, I don't read Sensitive Topics all the time and obviously missed that thread.  I find it hard to believe that any Christians would object to the final process with tax credit in the 2020 tax submission.
Can I ask you a question though, because you seem to be a level headed individual, why not just give them a check?  

Writing a check means the government needs to identify which families are eligible based on an added member to the family.  A tax credit provides the same benefit while requiring the tax payer to self identify their qualification on their income tax forums.

You can see how it reeks of hypocrisy right?  Giving the fetuses rights based on your religious ideology but not really financially supporting them or their mothers (yes they received checks but we know that $500 is nothing for child care).  A tax credit for people who will have no to little income in 2020.

Someone who does not have an income, pays no taxes, be would receive a $500 tax refund due to the tax credit.  The tax benefit goes to the parents not to the newborn, no hypocrisy.  This $500 per child benefit is part of the covid stimulus package, not a care program for families which is addressed in other government programs.  No hypocrisy at all.  Look at the full picture, don't try to make the stimulus more than it intended to be.

You can see how that level of hypocrisy can sow seeds of doubt for contrasting parties to have a reasonable conversation?  

Look at the economics of it, with 3.8 million pregnant per year in the US * $500 that is $1.9 billion dollars

$1.9 billion is %0.00086 of the CARES act total.  The equivalent of a $100,000 per year earner spending $86 

American Airlines received $5.8 billion, Delta $5.4 billion, United $2.75 billion

The point is corporate interest and “job protection” > than the future of this country. Pregnant women be damned

Yes, stimulus.  To stimulate the economy.  What stimulates a hemorrhaging economy more today, $500 in cash or a tax refund next year?  

So if we are all agreeing that the fetus is a child, why doesn’t the family receive the money today?  What good will a tax credit do for the majority of pregnant women, what will the value of the $500 be in 12 months?  

In looking at the economics of it, it’s worth more today (Based on TVM) not only for her but the economy you are looking to STIMULATE via this STIMULUS.

Fetus is a human/an American citizen is the basic fundamental of the pro-life crowd, right?

If we are going to stick to those principals driven by religion, those families should have been compensated for that fetus in that first check run.  Not receive a declining value $500 credit to be used for 2020 federal income taxes

@"SFVikeFan" said:
@"pumpf" said:
@"greediron" said:
media blackout.  I don't think it was racial but still should have raised a few headlines.
Floyd's death wasn't racial, either.  It was just an example of a cop being dumb (or, if you prefer, evil).
And how do you know it wasn’t racially motivated?  

Ignorant assumption to say the least.
Because there was nothing in the cop's behavior that would lead ANYONE to assume that it was racial.  The only way that it COULD be considered racist is if there was something about it that indicated that it was.  There wasn't.  Hence, it wasn't racial.  Kind of like if a sponge has no water in it, it would not be an "ignorant assumption" that it is dry.

Do you always assume that everything is racial?  Oh wait, you're a liberal.  Nevermind... I already know the answer.

It wasn't just Floyd's death, it was the cumulative frequency of the needless deaths of Black Americans at the hands of Police, you know that systemic thing.  Did you watch the 8:46 minutes of George Floyd's murder, have heard of the execution of the no knock warrant on Breona Taylor.  How did the investigation of the Ahmaud Arbery go.  None of these have anything in common, to you?
Does that make any sense to you?

Quote: @"mblack" said:
@"pumpf" said:
@"Skodin" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"Skodin" said:

At the bold. That must be a new one. Do you even think before posting this stuff? Let's file this under the category of "hasty generalization" so it is not deemed stupid - which very well could be a more appropriate category.

No, you need to let him enlighten you about ELCA Lutherans, it worth the query.

@"Skodin" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"Skodin" said:

You really are a piece of work. 

@"pumpf" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Floyd was just the latest in a long line of unarmed black men and women killed by the people we employ to protect and serve. Many with long histories of abuse. There have been hundreds. It's out of control, people are sick of it and that's what the protests are about. Understandable by any clear-thinking person. 

The kid who was shot by his neighbor is an incredibly sad story. Who knows what's behind that. What motivating factor compels one to shoot a little boy!!? Vengeance? Mental illness? I guess it's possible, but I can't imagine race being a factor here.

So to whine about the "lack of coverage," and draw some sort of equivalency between Cannon and Floyd is just...sickening. 

Jimmy, you want to go protest, go protest. But I can't imagine what your sign is going to say. 
A "long line"?  Wow.  How do you define "long"?  
Some really have no shame. We are going to now debate what "long" is? Seriously?
Anyway here is a list for you. Please let me know if that meets your criteria of long so we can start worrying
Here's one for those who like pictures. 

https://twitter.com/angrybagels/status/1...91296?s=20

@"pumpf" said:
@"Skodin" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"Skodin" said:

You're being nice. I could honestly go on for pages on this topic. But what difference would it make? And besides Gandhi already summed up what I would say in just a few words... 

"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."