• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump now wants to defund the US Post Office
Quote: @Nichelle said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@StickyBun said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:

Following multiple claims that mail-in voting was unsafe and vulnerable to fraud, Mr. Trump changed his mind about the practice last week, at least in Florida.
Of course he did. He's very consistently a moron. 
I'm curious how many presidential candidates vote absentee?  I would guess the vast majority since it is unlikely that they will be home on election day.  Generally  have party election central in a major city. Maybe not vast majority, but I'll bet it is not uncommon.
lol, that's not the moron part I'm talking about.
LOL, missed that. You do agree that many/most presidential candidates  vote absentee?
They do? For presidential elections? I remember years and years of video of presidential candidates casting their votes in person. It's always a media event. The media camps out at their voting location and waits for them to arrive. There are the smiles, waves and the occasional 'Who'd you vote for?' joke. Obama voted in Chicago, made his victory speeches in Chicago (for both terms). Clinton made his speech in Arkansas. Bush made his 2000 speech from Texas.
You're right, my error.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
65M people receive social security benefits in America. In other words, if 99% of them get via electronic payments, then there are well over half a million Americans.....
Kinda bougie to stand with the 1% ers, isnt it?

[Image: 99percent.jpg]

(btw, your original 6.5M # sounded more impressive.   Smile )

My brother in Portland told me about this:

They are confiscating USPS dropboxes all over Eugene and Portland.  They are even locking shut the outbound mail slots in neighborhoods mailboxes  ... all in an effort to further cripple the USPS they are deliberately making it even more difficult for outbound mail to be sent.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/postal-seen-hauling-mailboxes-away-130413879.html

Tell me Republicans:  do you think Trump should be allowed to destroy the USPS?  Rather than split hairs on who uses it, how often, and if it should run daily how the fuck are none of you outraged by this asshole deliberately killing the US mail system??

Oh wait, if this was Obama or Hillary purposely destroying the USPS - just to improve their election chances - I’m sure you’d be hopping mad, amiright?

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
My brother in Portland told me about this:

They are confiscating USPS dropboxes all over Eugene and Portland.  They are even locking shut the outbound mail slots in neighborhoods mailboxes  ... all in an effort to further cripple the USPS they are deliberately making it even more difficult for outbound mail to be sent.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/postal-seen-hauling-mailboxes-away-130413879.html

Tell me Republicans:  do you think Trump should be allowed to destroy the USPS?  Rather than split hairs on who uses it, how often, and if it should run daily how the fuck are none of you outraged by this asshole deliberately killing the US mail system??

Oh wait, if this was Obama or Hillary purposely destroying the USPS - just to improve their election chances - I’m sure you’d be hopping mad, amiright?
Yes, I saw quite a few pictures this evening of boxes being removed in Oregon, Montana, etc. Then I read communication that USPS is now halting any removals or moves until after the election. The spokesperson said its normal course of business. I don't know what to think anymore. I do know that with all of the current issues with USPS, removing them was not a good move.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/08/14/people-are-freaking-out-about-mailbox-removals-postal-service-says-its-routine/#comments-wrapper

August 14, 2020 at 5:20 p.m. CDT
Add to list
The removal of dozens of mailboxes in a handful of states set off a social media panic and some high-profile attention this week, but the U.S. Postal Service said the iconic blue boxes are just being moved to higher-volume areas.
The agency said it would stop removing the boxes nationally until after the election.
“We are not going to be removing any boxes," USPS spokesman Rod Spurgeon told NBC News. "After the election, we’re going to take a look at operations and see what we need and don’t need.”

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:

Because he (Trump) isn’t killing it, Mr Hyperbole?

Oh wait, if this was Obama or Hillary purposely destroying the USPS

warning:  strawman under construction!

- just to improve their election chances -

no...to deter election fraud.  Try to keep up!

I’m sure you’d be hopping mad, amiright?

Actually, Obama did call for significant cuts to USPS.  Even went after union’s healthcare!  As good heartless GOP’ers, we supported him, mostly.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/policy/finance/199904-white-house-seeks-cuts-to-usps-services-in-budget%3famp

Savannah are you seriously trying to suggest Trump isn’t killing the USPS?  Are you saying Trump’s OWN WORDS that he is defunding it, in an effort to curb mail in ballot voting, are hyperbole???

Aren’t you supposed to be the smart one of the bunch??

During an interview on Fox News, Trump said that if USPS does not receive the additional $25 billion funding request that Democrats included in the ongoing stimulus negotiations, then he believes the Post Office won't be able to handle the influx of mail-in ballots in the upcoming election.

"They want three and a half billion dollars for something that'll turn out to be fraudulent, that's election money basically. They want three and a half billion dollars for the mail-in votes. Universal mail-in ballots. They want $25 billion, billion, for the Post Office. Now they need that money in order to make the Post Office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots," Trump said, repeating his false claims that mail-in voting would be "fraudulent."

So is this one of those “never mind his own words, what he meant to say was ...” excuses?

No hyperbole, he literally said he’s going to tank the USPS be refusing to fund it so they can’t handle mail in ballots.  

Where exactly is your confusion??  

Again:  do you agree with him purposely tanking the USPS to help his election chances, yes or no?   It’s a simple question you keep dodging.

Its the Cult of Trump. Don't expect anything other than silly rationalizations and swallowing everything whole. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Its the Cult of Trump. Don't expect anything other than silly rationalizations and swallowing everything whole. 
You know you want these buns Sticky

[Image: giphy.gif]

Amazing, the rural country rubes are for dismantling a key resource for rural country rubes.  “Drain the swamp and respect American institutions, traditions” while allowing a swamp funding Amazon and UPs large stock owner to destroy one of America’s foundations of democracy.

It’s so sad and obvious, some people in this county are afraid of everyone getting a chance to vote. Pu$$ies

Quote: @Skodin said:
Amazing, the rural country rubes are for dismantling a key resource for rural country rubes.  “Drain the swamp and respect American institutions, traditions” while allowing a swamp funding Amazon and UPs large stock owner to destroy one of America’s foundations of democracy.

It’s so sad and obvious, some people in this county are afraid of everyone getting a chance to vote. Pu$$ies
Damn straight!

USPS Postmaster General Henry Atkins (RIP) would have never allowed this.  
[Image: pkg03iv4zie51.jpg]