Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump now wants to defund the US Post Office
First he appointed a nutjob to Postmaster General, but now he’s serious about cutting funds on just so he can fuck up the USPS so bad we can’t have mail-in ballot elections.

Wake the fuck up Trump supporters, this is what dictators do.  Forget impeachment, this asshole needs a firing squad.  Do you believe in a fair election or Trump’s blatant voter supression to throw the election?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-says-gutting-the-post-office-e2-80-98means-you-can-e2-80-99t-have-universal-mail-in-voting-e2-80-99/ar-BB17VmZj

yeah... I think anything he tried to do now would be a little to late for an election in 3 months.

I do agree that the USPS needs an update,  there is no reason in the electronic era that we need daily residential mail delivery.   IMO stick with 6 days a week delivery,  but it should be 2 routes to each carrier and they do each route every other day.  There is really nothing shipped via the snail mail anymore that needs everyday delivery.  I wouldnt make it sweeping,  but as a carrier quits or retires then implement the change through that service area.  I bet within 10 years the postal service would see some serious profit,  with out any real issue with loss of daily residential delivery.

hell even businesses dont need daily delivery and if they do they could opt for a service charge to have it daily,  or rent a PO Box.

My only work mail from USPS is professional journals and related magazines.  Everything else is by electronic means.  I don't see that trend changing.

Not good to play politics with funding the post office.  There is a need for it to revamp and be more responsive to today's delivery needs.  But, doesn't make sense to mess with things before an election.

Getting the money is one thing, having the necessary equipment to make changes is another.  Is that equipment available and ready to ship?  May or may not be...  Shrug. don't know.

Quote: @"IDVikingfan" said:
My only work mail from USPS is professional journals and related magazines.  Everything else is by electronic means.  I don't see that trend changing.

Not good to play politics with funding the post office.  There is a need for it to revamp and be more responsive to today's delivery needs.  But, doesn't make sense to mess with things before an election.

Getting the money is one thing, having the necessary equipment to make changes is another.  Is that equipment available and ready to ship?  May or may not be...  Shrug. don't know.
I havent trusted the post office for my work stuff ever since it took 8 days to deliver a bid that I could have walked there in 2 days.

Personally I think voting by mail should have a post mark date of at least a month before the election and maybe even have to be delivered by certified mail so there is a receipt of delivery by the election officials so there is less of a chance of peoples ballots being "misplaced" and not counted.

Good idea Jimmy, I like it!

The post office could definitely do with some updates but there are seniors and veterans who get prescriptions by mail. There are seniors that get their Social Security by mail. It's an important part of a lot of people's lives. For health and safety reasons especially for seniors, voting by mail is important.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
The post office could definitely do with some updates but there are seniors and veterans who get prescriptions by mail. There are seniors that get their Social Security by mail. It's an important part of a lot of people's lives. For health and safety reasons especially for seniors, voting by mail is important.
absolutely,  but dont you think daily delivery in this day and age is excessive, even with needing their scripts and living income?  I cant really think of anything in my lifetime that was ever so time sensitive that would have justified daily mail delivery,  except for the fact that prior to electronic correspondence and the innerweb the bulk of the mail might have been to much for an every other day route?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
absolutely,  but dont you think daily delivery in this day and age is excessive, even with needing their scripts and living income?  I cant really think of anything in my lifetime that was ever so time sensitive that would have justified daily mail delivery,  except for the fact that prior to electronic correspondence and the innerweb the bulk of the mail might have been to much for an every other day route?
A lot of Amazon's Prime delivery is completed by USPS.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
A lot of Amazon's Prime delivery is completed by USPS.
Yep, and it would be one day later is all I'm saying,  if customers need their stuff sooner they can still pay for upgraded shipping like they do now.  Besides since covid hit Amazon is a week or so anyway and its not a huge problem that I've heard.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mail-in-ballots-sent-to-trump-and-first-lady-in-florida/
President Trump has requested a mail-in ballot for Florida's Tuesday primary election, despite weeks of criticizing the practice. Ballots were mailed on Wednesday to both the president and first lady Melania Trump at the Mar-a-Lago resort, which Mr. Trump lists as his legal address, according to online Palm Beach County elections records. 
Both previously voted by mail for the presidential preference primary in March, according to records.
Following multiple claims that mail-in voting was unsafe and vulnerable to fraud, Mr. Trump changed his mind about the practice last week, at least in Florida.