Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't do it Joe...
Quote: @BigAl99 said:
Trump has had 6 bankruptcies. Will America be number 7?

• 02/11/2020 3:34 pm ET

Shaan Chagan

[Image: trump-makes-unannounced-trip-to-afghanis...24x536.jpg]Source / Wikimedia

After Trump became the president in 2017, he pledged to eliminate the $19 trillion national debt in 8 years.

But it will hit $23 trillion this year! And the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office projects the debt reaches an astounding $29 trillion by 2020. And that’s all thanks to Trump’s tax cuts for billionaires and corporations.
https://www.frontpagelive.com/2020/02/11...-number-7/
Just google "Trump bankruptcies"  and take your pick they all cover pretty much the same things using the same facts.
Does that make sense?

No one is paying off the American debt, regardless of who was or will be president.  The debt is a runaway freight train that was set in motion decades ago.  The only way it goes away is if someone just writes it away, which is bankruptcy.  Almost every country is in the same boat, although to different relative degrees, because we all use central banks, fractional reserve banking and deficit spending.

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
Just wait till the new green deal passes, Biden and Harris will set records for most new federal debt, business debt, personal debt and lost jobs!  Woohoo, good times!
Even if what you say was true... which is not, I don't remember Biden saying he will eliminate the national debt. Trump on the other hand said repeatedly he and he alone could and will eliminate the national debt but has instead increased it at an alarming rate. I bet you see no problem with that.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Facts.....

https://twitter.com/igorvolsky/status/12...40610?s=20
Facts... the one thing Trump supporters avoid.

Quote: @mblack said:
@IDVikingfan said:
Just wait till the new green deal passes, Biden and Harris will set records for most new federal debt, business debt, personal debt and lost jobs!  Woohoo, good times!
Even if what you say was true... which is not, I don't remember Biden saying he will eliminate the national debt. Trump on the other hand said repeatedly he and he alone could and will eliminate the national debt but has instead increased it at an alarming rate. I bet you see no problem with that.
I'm a fiscal and social conservative.  Don't like the current status and the Green New Deal scares the crap out of me for the effects on the economy, on jobs, cost of living, and added debt.  Can't support the New Green Deal and that is a key part of Biden's platform.

Besides, congress sets the budget not the President.

Quote: @mblack said:
Harris lacks honesty when she does not separate the excellent economy early in the year versus the effects of shutdowns due to the pandemic.

@mblack said:
Harris lacks honesty when she does not separate the excellent economy early in the year versus the effects of shutdowns due to the pandemic.
That “excellent economy” wasn’t as excellent as Republicans think.

Dow Jones had slowed as soon as Trump announced his trade war with China.  Tariffs put the brakes on many industries.  Soybean market was destroyed.  Farmer bailouts were $25 billion+.  

Trump had already added a trillion a year before the pandemic.  Why?  The baffling tax cuts for rich and corporations completely backfired.  Instead of adding economic growth, corporations engaged in the biggest stock buybacks in history.  Yet here we are bailing out thousands of those same companies.

Trump’s first 3 years added fewer jobs than the last 3 years under Obama.

Trump’s GDP never had quarterly growth as high as Obama’s.

Trump inheirited a white hot stock market, 6+ years of job growth, and a budget deficit of under 600 billion and within 2 years successfully doubled the budget deficit, derailed the stock market and when Covid hit he sunk the economy with his ineptitude.

Which basically is just another repeat of the EXACT economic pattern of every GOP POTUS-led economic disaster following a Democrat POTUS who built a strong economy in the last 30 years. 

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@mblack said:
That “excellent economy” wasn’t as excellent as Republicans think.

Dow Jones had slowed as soon as Trump announced his trade war with China.  Tariffs put the brakes on many industries.  Soybean market was destroyed.  Farmer bailouts were $25 billion+.  

Trump had already added a trillion a year before the pandemic.  Why?  The baffling tax cuts for rich and corporations completely backfired.  Instead of adding economic growth, corporations engaged in the biggest stock buybacks in history.  Yet here we are bailing out thousands of those same companies.

Trump’s first 3 years added fewer jobs than the last 3 years under Obama.

Trump’s GDP never had quarterly growth as high as Obama’s.

Trump inheirited a white hot stock market, 6+ years of job growth, and a budget deficit of under 600 billion and within 2 years successfully doubled the budget deficit, derailed the stock market and when Covid hit he sunk the economy with his ineptitude.

Which basically is just another repeat of the EXACT economic pattern of every GOP POTUS-led economic disaster following a Democrat POTUS who built a strong economy in the last 30 years. 

Soybeans hit a high in 2012 ( avg daily closing price) and sold lower every single year since.   No sharp decline seen when trump started his trade war.  Just a steady decline.  The biggest drops were back  from that high of 2012 until 2015 where the avg dropped about 5 bucks a bushel.

I think this was more reflective of a market correction when the high was set by a bean shortage much of which was brought on by fewer acres planted (thanks to $8 corn) and some rough weather yeats for beans.  

@mblack said:
@IDVikingfan said:
I'm a fiscal and social conservative.  Don't like the current status and the Green New Deal scares the crap out of me for the effects on the economy, on jobs, cost of living, and added debt.  Can't support the New Green Deal and that is a key part of Biden's platform.

You need to quit disasterbaiting, it's making you go blind.  Next thing you'll be worrying about an Antifa rally, or Dave Chappelle corrupting your computer and interweb connection.

Quote: @medaille said:
@BigAl99 said:
Trump has had 6 bankruptcies. Will America be number 7?

• 02/11/2020 3:34 pm ET

Shaan Chagan

[Image: trump-makes-unannounced-trip-to-afghanis...24x536.jpg]Source / Wikimedia

After Trump became the president in 2017, he pledged to eliminate the $19 trillion national debt in 8 years.

But it will hit $23 trillion this year! And the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office projects the debt reaches an astounding $29 trillion by 2020. And that’s all thanks to Trump’s tax cuts for billionaires and corporations.
https://www.frontpagelive.com/2020/02/11...-number-7/
Just google "Trump bankruptcies"  and take your pick they all cover pretty much the same things using the same facts.
Does that make sense?

No one is paying off the American debt, regardless of who was or will be president.  The debt is a runaway freight train that was set in motion decades ago.  The only way it goes away is if someone just writes it away, which is bankruptcy.  Almost every country is in the same boat, although to different relative degrees, because we all use central banks, fractional reserve banking and deficit spending.

Assertions without any facts, take a look as a percentage of GDP an you will have a different perspective.
https://tradingeconomics.com/united-stat...ebt-to-gdp

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@mblack said:
@IDVikingfan said:

You need to quit disasterbaiting, it's making you go blind.  Next thing you'll be worrying about an Antifa rally, or Dave Chappelle corrupting your computer and interweb connection.
LOL, nice strawman arguement!  False to all three.