Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is the Excitement?
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
 other thoughts:

Defense can win a championship, Offense put's aszes in the seats. It's been a very boring team to watch for most, pedestrian fans.

Look at the teams record for quite a while outside of 11/5...That malaise doesnt go away over night and 8/8 might as well be 5/11. 

I think once the year starts, and if a few of the kids on offense starting showing-up on highlight reels? The fans will notice. 

Vikes are still #1 in this town by a long-shot, just way off the national radar for now. 
8-8 is just the same as 5-11 in my gut... just without the good draft pick to look forward to.   
8/8 is purgatory...It's what I wish on our neighbors to the East for oh about 10 years in a row.

I hope some the younger Viking fans get to see a SB win. Been a fan for over 40 years. The latest 5 years of fun (?) are just the tip of the tip of the iceberg for those of us who remember watching the original PPE's...

Go Vikings...

I'm very excited for the season, but the o-line looking terrible in its one preseason performance plus some of the drama hereabouts this year has me less interested in expressing Vikings stuff online.

Quote: @Zanary said:
I'm very excited for the season, but the o-line looking terrible in its one preseason performance plus some of the drama hereabouts this year has me less interested in expressing Vikings stuff online.
Probably the case for many...Hopefully the Vikings become a positive respite from The Daily Grind (putting it mildly) that is today.

If it wasn't for my dad (the eternal optimist and fan since the team's inception), I'm not sure where I'd stand with this team.
I am with Wetlander though, on the Teddy going down and fanaticism going down with him comment.
All that said, once the regular season is here, I'll be in front of the TV screaming like I always do.
Wholeheartedly believing we have as good a chance as any other team to make the playoffs and march through to a Super Bowl victory.

I kinda feel bipolar when it comes to this team... LOL

The team needs to show something different in preseason in order for me to get real excited.  And first stringers didn't.  Sure names were different but it was the same basic attack that we've seen in the past.  Short routes, throw short of the sticks and hope and handoffs.  Other teams use the intermediate routes to gain first down after first down.... once the Vikings do it... it's back to handing the ball off.  2nd and 8?  What's wrong with a Slant... either a first down or 3rd and short.... but I digress..... I guess. 

Difficult to be excited about two three and outs by the offensive starters.  Not to mention their numbers...  QB - 5 for 7 for 35 yards.   Cook - 5 rushes 13 yards with a long of 6.   Zero touchdowns.  Zero snaps in the opponents side of the 50.  Overall meh...

Like I said in another post... I hope the offense that the second stringers ran is our actual offense and the coaching staff didn't want any tape of the first stringers running it until the season starts.  Second stringers took shots down the field... they actually attacked the opposing defense.     

I've been resting my liver for the regular season eh!  Wink

Hate to be a broken record but I agree with everyone else.

Last year the hype was REAL. Finally after a few up/down/and mostly in the middle seasons I thought we were ready to rock and roll. Then... not so much.

The lack of offensive touchdowns and explosive plays the past few years have tempered my expectations big time. Being objective, other teams are just more fun to watch than we are. (Not to anyone on this board because we are so invested but you know what I mean.) If our offense could put up 30+ points in an early season game I think my excitement would grow exponentially.

And yeah, the Packers still have Rodgers.

EDIT: One more thing. I'm a Lakers fan too. They STINK. But now they got Lonzo Ball so whether he turns out to be great or not, there is EXCITEMENT. I'd love nothing more than for Dalvin (or Coley, or whoever) to be the next Moss/AP/Culpepper/Jared Allen/Favre -type of player to emerge. We have some great players on this team for sure but I'm talking about that Must-See Talent level.

i was excited until i saw the offensive line 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
 other thoughts:

Defense can win a championship, Offense put's aszes in the seats. It's been a very boring team to watch for most, pedestrian fans.

Look at the teams record for quite a while outside of 11/5...That malaise doesnt go away over night and 8/8 might as well be 5/11. 

I think once the year starts, and if a few of the kids on offense starting showing-up on highlight reels? The fans will notice. 

Vikes are still #1 in this town by a long-shot, just way off the national radar for now. 

Right now they are the #1 team but the Wolves have a chance to truly challenge them with the new roster.

The excitement is there for me. I've said it many times before, but in terms of cycles, this team was scheduled to open its window last year, only to have it slammed shut by injuries. This is an even better team this year, so I expect an improvement on the 11-5 team we saw in 2015. Whether or not our record is better than that depends on factors like health and luck more than anything else.