Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is the Excitement?
In just about 3 weeks, we will hit the regular season, but the Viking fan base does not seem all that excited, or maybe they are afraid to be let down again.

I think this team is better on offense, and top 10 defense (but not top 5).  If Schumer can be creative and we can get some line protection and blocking, we easily could be a 10-6 team.  Then again, that is probably the case for every other team in the league.  

I am excited, but afraid to go all in just yet, the first preseason game was nothing to be excited about, the offense didn't move the ball, the OL didn't look good, the run defense was a sieve. Hoping to see more from them before getting super excited  LOL 

I am excited. Looking forward to seeing what the offense can do and hoping for an improvement on the OL. Really want more from the run defense as well. Looking to see some newbies step up and make an impact. 

i think we upgraded our weakest spots including OT and line depth. that should go a long way. Another biggie was getting keenum as a backup. he impressed me in the Rams game last year and i think he is a fine game manager and bug upgrade over hill should the worst happen. lastly. cook and murray s/b an upgrade over what we rolled out last year 

our d will be damn good. and it needs to be for us to challenge for a ring

Until I see a true leader on offense. (QB in most cases) who demands respect and makes plays, extends plays, rallies an entire team, pulls wins out from the clutches of defeat, this is just another team. We've been just another team for decades. Half of the team a strength while the other half is a weakness.  I think I'm just tired. I'm tired of pat answers or non answers from coaches, GM's, owners, and players. I understand that sometimes there just aren't any answers other than we don't have Rodgers or Brady, or who or whatever it is that creates dynasties.

So much of the game is in between the ears, and subconsciously I think about 85% of the NFL post season has already been decided by opening day kickoff. So we pray for the unimaginable. Players talk about the grind? How about being a Minnesota Vikings fan for about 50 years, and then talk to me about the grind.  

I have to admit I have tempered my excitement a little this year.  Last year I was sky high and really thought we were a SB contender.  Alas, it wasn't to be.  Injuries made our average offense downright difficult to watch and the D just wore down. 

I really think this team can be really good but I'm just keeping a somewhat restrained outlook on the season at this point.

Quote: @Tom Moore said:
In just about 3 weeks, we will hit the regular season, but the Viking fan base does not seem all that excited, or maybe they are afraid to be let down again.

I think this team is better on offense, and top 10 defense (but not top 5).  If Schumer can be creative and we can get some line protection and blocking, we easily could be a 10-6 team.  Then again, that is probably the case for every other team in the league.  
I think if Schumer (of the recent Chuck Shumer variety) is coaching the offense, I think we are very screwed. 

It was just the first preseason game, the second starts to build some excitement for me.

The last time I got excited we lost our young QB for over a season with non-contact knee injury. So I'm tempering.

Got hopes though, and I'll be watching.

The offensive line and the inability of the offense to score in the red zone will plague them again. I'm completely fair-weather this season. I just don't have the energy or enthusiasm for the bullshit eternal letdowns any more. 

holding my breath...
Waiting for the wind to be sucked out of the longship sails...