Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WWE or Steelers vs Brownies?
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Don't get at all the take that Rudolph instigated that kind of retaliation. Garrett pulled on his helmet by the face mask and dragged him by his head for a few yards, pulled it off and then smashed him over his unprotected head with it. Let's get real, don't blame Rudolph for this. Jesus.
Rudolph shares blame for helping instigate the fight.  He was grabbing and clawing at Garrett's helmet while Garrett was laying on him.  That is what precipitated Garrett grabbing Rudolph's helmet.  Now Rudolph had reason to be upset because of the extra oompf on the tackle.  But he was involved from the beginning.
Didn't say he wasn't. What I'm saying is he's not responsible for that KIND of retaliation. It was over-the-top stupid. 
and nobody at all has said or inferred that Rudolph deserved that type of retaliation,  its simply been pointed out that once again the poor steelers arent the choir boys that the media will try and make them out to be.  

I dont think Garrett knew that Rudolph had gotten rid of the ball and he was trying to take him down without drawing a flag and Rudolph was fighting him,  Rudolph gets pissy for getting taken down and things escalated from there,  Garrett took it over the top,  but I agree with the notion that Rudolph shouldnt go unrecognized or unpunished for his part of the incident.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Don't get at all the take that Rudolph instigated that kind of retaliation. Garrett pulled on his helmet by the face mask and dragged him by his head for a few yards, pulled it off and then smashed him over his unprotected head with it. Let's get real, don't blame Rudolph for this. Jesus.
Rudolph shares blame for helping instigate the fight.  He was grabbing and clawing at Garrett's helmet while Garrett was laying on him.  That is what precipitated Garrett grabbing Rudolph's helmet.  Now Rudolph had reason to be upset because of the extra oompf on the tackle.  But he was involved from the beginning.
Didn't say he wasn't. What I'm saying is he's not responsible for that KIND of retaliation. It was over-the-top stupid. 
and nobody at all has said or inferred that Rudolph deserved that type of retaliation,  its simply been pointed out that once again the poor steelers arent the choir boys that the media will try and make them out to be.  

I dont think Garrett knew that Rudolph had gotten rid of the ball and he was trying to take him down without drawing a flag and Rudolph was fighting him,  Rudolph gets pissy for getting taken down and things escalated from there,  Garrett took it over the top,  but I agree with the notion that Rudolph shouldnt go unrecognized or unpunished for his part of the incident.
Rudolph didn't do anything warranting a punishment.  And it didn't seem that Garrett was trying to avoid a flag.  Probably was letting Rudolph know they had just whooped their ass and rubbing some salt in the wound. 

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Rudolph didn't do anything warranting a punishment.  And it didn't seem that Garrett was trying to avoid a flag.  Probably was letting Rudolph know they had just whooped their ass and rubbing some salt in the wound. 
pretty sure trying to rip somebodies helmet off is an offense, (evidence on camera)   unnecessary roughness at a minimum.  Rudolph is far from innocent in this exchange.  the kid played like ass,  had been sacked on 2 consecutive plays and dumped the ball of right before Garrett got to him (no flag was thrown for the tackle)  Rudolph started the shit and even once he was free of Garrett he went back after him (without a helmet) and escalated the situation further.  Garrett is rightfully going to get the most severe of the punishment, but Rudolph needs to get his with something harsh as well for being the guy that took it from a football play to an MME event.

I get that you aren't a steeler fan, but Rudolph didn't take it to WWE level.  Yes, he got heated and yanked on Garretts helmet, but that happens quite often.  As for going after him, that was after being drug by his helmet and having it ripped off, so that doesn't really count.
I have seen many guys get heated when the tackler sez something or lays on them or gives them something extra.  Happens all the time.  So no, Rudolph wasn't the one that turned it into a shit show, that was Garrett who is developing a rep for this.

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
^^^^ agreed....Just hate that Rudolph's part in this is being overlooked.
^^^^ agreed....Just hate that Rudolph's part in this is being overlooked.
na, itll be punishment enough to the steelers for mason rudolph to play the next couple games. least they could have done is suspended him and given the steelers a chance. 

Quote: @"greediron" said:
I get that you aren't a steeler fan, but Rudolph didn't take it to WWE level.  Yes, he got heated and yanked on Garretts helmet, but that happens quite often.  As for going after him, that was after being drug by his helmet and having it ripped off, so that doesn't really count.
I have seen many guys get heated when the tackler sez something or lays on them or gives them something extra.  Happens all the time.  So no, Rudolph wasn't the one that turned it into a shit show, that was Garrett who is developing a rep for this.
i actually used to kind of cheer for them,  but I got tired of their players getting the green bay treatment when it comes to the media.   Its pissed me off when it was happening to the Vikes and I saw the same shit happening to who ever played the steelers... they maybe werent as much the refs and the leagues favorites,  but they certainly got painted as angels by the media when shit got sideways.

I say Rudolph deserves punishment because he alone started this shit, if he doesnt grab that helmet and start tugging,  it ends there.  you cant bring up specualtion of shit talking and if shit talking was an excuse for pulling at an opponents helmet then Johnny Randle would have been headless by his 3rd year in the league.  If the NFL wants to do the right thing... hit them all in accordance with their level of participation and instigator (from a physical standpoint) should carry a % of the blame.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001077016/article/mason-rudolph-will-be-fined-for-role-in-tnf-brawl

Mason Rudolph will be fined for role in TNF brawl
  • [Image: 0ap1000000236552.jpg]
  • By Kevin Patra
  • Around the NFL Writer
  • Published: Nov. 15, 2019 at 01:57 p.m.
Mason Rudolph will not avoid a penalty for his role in Thursday night's brawl between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Cleveland Browns.
NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Friday that the Steelers' QB will be fined by the NFL for actions on the field during the fracas, per a source informed of the situation.
The amount of the fine is still to be determined, Pelissero added.

It comes as no surprise that Rudolph would be punished in some fashion after the NFL handed down unprecedented penalties stemming from the brawl. The league suspended Browns DE Myles Garrett indefinitely for using Rudolph's helmet to hit the QB in the head. Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey was suspended three games. Cleveland defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi was suspended one game. All are subject to appeal. Both the Steelers and Browns were each also fined $250,000.
The fight started after Garrett took down Rudolph after a short pass with eight seconds left in the game. On the ground, Rudolph then grabbed at the pass-rusher's helmet, feeding the fire. With teammates coming over to break up the scuffle, Garrett ripped Rudolph's helmet off as the two rose from the turf. As Steelers' offensive linemen restrained Garrett, the hatless QB returned to the fray, where he was struck with his own helmet in the skull.
While he avoided a suspension, money will be taken out of Rudolph's pocket for his role. Given the harsh punishments the league handed out Friday, the fine could be hefty.

Fined, yes. But they hand out numerous fines each week to several players on many teams. Rudolph no doubt deserves a fine, but he's not anywhere in the same zip code as Garrett. 

^^^  Agree 

The whole thing goes against the "unwritten rules" of football.....given the score, time remaining, and frustrations of Rudolph....Garrett doesn't need to PLANT Rudolph.  The Browns had MANY cheap shots last night.  So Garrett takes his shot, Rudolph tries to retaliate...and the whole thing blows up.

Kinda like that psycho coach who used to tell his defense to crash in, when the opposition would take a knee.  "Unwritten rules" are equally important as the ones in the book

^^^  Agree 

The whole thing goes against the "unwritten rules" of football.....given the score, time remaining, and frustrations of Rudolph....Garrett doesn't need to PLANT Rudolph.  The Browns had MANY cheap shots last night.  So Garrett takes his shot, Rudolph tries to retaliate...and the whole thing blows up.

Kinda like that psycho coach who used to tell his defense to crash in, when the opposition would take a knee.  "Unwritten rules" are equally important as the ones in the book
Plant?  I know you and I are pretty much in agreement here,  but go back and watch your video again,  Garrett was about as gentle on that tackle as could be.  he wrapped him up and they twisted a little and then he pulled him down on top of himself (didnt launch,  didnt lift him, didnt drive his weight onto him.)  it was a clean and mild tackle and would not have drawn a flag or likely even a note from the teacher.    I just dont see how Garret is to blame until he takes the helmet off MR in retaliation for having his nearly removed first.   after that... well I am not arguing against his suspension or any fine coming MGs way.