@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"KingBash" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"KingBash" said:
@"DeepFreeze05" said:
He's had a couple of opportunities. 

April 12, 2018:  After arranging for Colin Kaepernick to work out for the Seattle Seahawks this week, team officials postponed the trip when the quarterback
declined to say he would stop kneeling during the national anthem next
season
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2313...ing-anthem

September 5 2017: "We were going to close the deal to sign him": Ray Lewis.  "His girl goes out and put out this racist gesture and doesn't
know we are in the back office about to try to get this guy signed" 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2059...cist-tweet
July 30, 2017: Ravens: We've had direct talks with Colin Kaepernick

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...kaepernick
March 1, 2017: Colin Kaepernick to opt out, become free agent. 
Kaepernick started 11 games for the 49ers in 2016, posting his best
statistical season since 2013 despite the team's 1-10 record in his
starts. His 90.7 passer rating was his best in three years and ranked
17th in the NFL. His 4-1 touchdown-interception ratio was tied for
sixth, his 468 rushing yards were second among quarterbacks and his 6.78
yards per carry were first. On the flip side, Kaepernick's 59.2 percent
completion rate was 26th.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1879...s-contract
In red above: "do what we tell you to and promote beliefs you don't stand for to support our pro-military message, and we'll let you come crawling back."

I'm not gonna get into my own personal thoughts on what he did with the kneeling, etc., but the NFL can go fuck itself for trying to force people to promote an image like that. It's one thing to have everybody adhere to living a lawful life, it's another for them to put everybody (all players) in a situation where they feel they need to make a statement.

I've never agreed with this.
And it's that mentality that has him not in the nfl.  If your employer tells you to stand for the flag and you don't,  then it's not on him when you are unemployed. 
So where's your argument that he should be playing in other leagues then? What happened to that?
I said if he wants to prove that he still has the talent he should have been playing in the other leagues to showcase his abilities.  A private proves nothing for or against him.  Every QB nails they college pro days,  but very few come close to ever looking that good in the pros... at the same time he isnt going to face any pressure and likely wont have any timing with receivers,  so what's to be learned?
Kap has already been to a Super Bowl, he doesn't need to go to another league and 'prove himself'. NFL GMs know what they have in him. The bottom line is nobody is going to tell me that Colin Kaepernick isn't good enough to be a #2 for almost any team in the league. It's silly. He's limited as a starter, yet has had inconsistent success. If you want to argue he's not a NFL starter, ok that's a debate. But he's not in the NFL right now because of the kneeling thing, 100%. He's radioactive for any NFL fanbase and organization. And any other spin is utterly ridiculous. Period. He's plenty talented enough to be on a NFL roster. 
His play was utter shit when he lost all that weight,  I dont think he has earned anything in terms of his performance prior to that.  He HAD the skills,  but has been away from the game for to long.IMO for it to be said he still should be considered a viable QB.

Couple the uncertainty that comes with time and the sure media circus for any team that gave him a shot...hes a toxic cocktail.  If he was on your roster and your QB1 had s bad game all the crusaders that bring him up now for every opening in the league would be calling for him to start no matter how inferior his skills may be.

Only a small handful of teams with HOF level QBs should even consider him if the teams want to avoid the media disaster that is sure to follow him IMO.
I'm not arguing about the circus that would come, did you read my post? But you are disingenuous if you're telling me he's not talented enough to make a NFL roster. Who are you kidding? Would you like me to run down every #2 QB in the NFL? Some are freaking laughable. Just be honest and admit its the kneeling thing. Any other reason is a complete joke. And I say this really giving two shits about the whole deal. 
You are right, assuming the three year layoff hasn’t greatly diminished his skills.  
lol, ok....so what happened to last year? Or the year before? Or the year before that? 

Listen, for those that are throwing out the ridiculous 'talent' question, just be honest and admit your real reason. That's all I'm saying. Don't hide behind the silliness of 'he's not talented enough'. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"KingBash" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"KingBash" said:
@"DeepFreeze05" said:

April 12, 2018:  After arranging for Colin Kaepernick to work out for the Seattle Seahawks this week, team officials postponed the trip when the quarterback
season

September 5 2017: "We were going to close the deal to sign him": Ray Lewis.  "His girl goes out and put out this racist gesture and doesn't

In red above: "do what we tell you to and promote beliefs you don't stand for to support our pro-military message, and we'll let you come crawling back."

I'm not gonna get into my own personal thoughts on what he did with the kneeling, etc., but the NFL can go fuck itself for trying to force people to promote an image like that. It's one thing to have everybody adhere to living a lawful life, it's another for them to put everybody (all players) in a situation where they feel they need to make a statement.

And it's that mentality that has him not in the nfl.  If your employer tells you to stand for the flag and you don't,  then it's not on him when you are unemployed. 
So where's your argument that he should be playing in other leagues then? What happened to that?
I said if he wants to prove that he still has the talent he should have been playing in the other leagues to showcase his abilities.  A private proves nothing for or against him.  Every QB nails they college pro days,  but very few come close to ever looking that good in the pros... at the same time he isnt going to face any pressure and likely wont have any timing with receivers,  so what's to be learned?
Kap has already been to a Super Bowl, he doesn't need to go to another league and 'prove himself'. NFL GMs know what they have in him. The bottom line is nobody is going to tell me that Colin Kaepernick isn't good enough to be a #2 for almost any team in the league. It's silly. He's limited as a starter, yet has had inconsistent success. If you want to argue he's not a NFL starter, ok that's a debate. But he's not in the NFL right now because of the kneeling thing, 100%. He's radioactive for any NFL fanbase and organization. And any other spin is utterly ridiculous. Period. He's plenty talented enough to be on a NFL roster. 
His play was utter shit when he lost all that weight,  I dont think he has earned anything in terms of his performance prior to that.  He HAD the skills,  but has been away from the game for to long.IMO for it to be said he still should be considered a viable QB.

Couple the uncertainty that comes with time and the sure media circus for any team that gave him a shot...hes a toxic cocktail.  If he was on your roster and your QB1 had s bad game all the crusaders that bring him up now for every opening in the league would be calling for him to start no matter how inferior his skills may be.

Only a small handful of teams with HOF level QBs should even consider him if the teams want to avoid the media disaster that is sure to follow him IMO.
I'm not arguing about the circus that would come, did you read my post? But you are disingenuous if you're telling me he's not talented enough to make a NFL roster. Who are you kidding? Would you like me to run down every #2 QB in the NFL? Some are freaking laughable. Just be honest and admit its the kneeling thing. Any other reason is a complete joke. And I say this really giving two shits about the whole deal. 
And if you think being away from the game for 3 years doesn't affect his ability to play then you are likely being naive.  I was saying now in 2019 he has something to prove to say he should be on a roster.  2015 Kaepernick is not likey  the player that he would be today.  Look how fast skills erode for guys that work at it full time every day living within an organization,  and I am supposed to just trust that he somehow is at the same or higher level that he was at when he quit his last team 3 years ago?
He's 32 years old, not ancient by any stretch and he'll be fresh. The argument is beyond ridiculous. One offseason of OTAs, training camp and preseason and he'll be more than fine to be a backup. He'd be a great changeup as a fill in for a game or two. 

Like I said: don't hide behind the real reason, its disingenuous. But of course in this now polarized political environment, I'll now be labeled a 'Kap lover'. SMH. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"A1Janitor" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"KingBash" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"KingBash" said:
@"DeepFreeze05" said:

season

You are right, assuming the three year layoff hasn’t greatly diminished his skills.  
lol, ok....so what happened to last year? Or the year before? Or the year before that? 

Listen, for those that are throwing out the ridiculous 'talent' question, just be honest and admit your real reason. That's all I'm saying. Don't hide behind the silliness of 'he's not talented enough'. 
I agreed with you.  

I believe he was talented enough to make most rosters as a backup qb several years ago.

At 32 and three years off ... It now becomes a question if his skills are good enough to edge out a young, promising talent.  

I suspect he still is still good enough ... we might get that answer soon. 

As far as not bringing him in, regardless of talent, I wouldn’t because it wouldn’t be worth it imo.  

Quote: @"A1Janitor" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"A1Janitor" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"KingBash" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"KingBash" said:
@"DeepFreeze05" said:

season

I agreed with you.  

I believe he was talented enough to make most rosters as a backup qb several years ago.

At 32 and three years off ... It now becomes a question if his skills are good enough to edge out a young, promising talent.  

I suspect he still is still good enough ... we might get that answer soon. 

Gotcha. Appreciate your opinion. I've said mine. No team is going to sign him. Won't happen. Doesn't matter how the workout goes. Like I said, he's radioactive. No team signing him is not going to be some kind of stamp on his capabilities. This is 100% a shit show PR stunt by the NFL. 

@"A1Janitor" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"KingBash" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"KingBash" said:
@"DeepFreeze05" said:

season

That's what cracks me up with his argument. This is so transparent, but he can't just admit what really eats at him about Kaep.

Quote: @"ArizonaViking" said:
No more than Kap looking for a job.  He's got bills to pay...

He netted over $40 million in career NFL earnings. Is making several million a year on the current Nike endorsement deal. Has/had million dollar endorsements with Beats, McDonalds, Jaguar, EA, Muscle Farm, Coke and so on. Got several million from the collusion settlement.  Held a 4.0 GPA from high school through college. With that 4.0 college GPA graduated on time with a business degree. Doesn't by any pro athlete standards lead a lavish lifestyle. Financially secure enough to donate over a million of personal wealth to charities in one year. The guy is doing just fine financially. 

4-1 touchdown-interception ratio 
In red above: "do what we tell you to and promote beliefs you don't stand for to support our pro-military message, and we'll let you come crawling 

And if you think being away from the game for 3 years doesn't affect his ability to play then you are likely being naive.  I was saying now in 2019 he has something to prove to say he should be on a roster.  2015 Kaepernick is not likey  the player that he would be today.  Look how fast skills erode for guys that work at it full time every day living within an organization,  and I am supposed to just trust that he somehow is at the same or higher level that he was at when he quit his last team 3 years ago?
He's 32 years old, not ancient by any stretch and he'll be fresh. The argument is beyond ridiculous. One offseason of OTAs, training camp and preseason and he'll be more than fine to be a backup. He'd be a great changeup as a fill in for a game or two. 

Like I said: don't hide behind the real reason, its disingenuous. But of course in this now polarized political environment, I'll now be labeled a 'Kap lover'. SMH. 
Not by me,  I think people can have a point without being labeled.  Your near neutral status is safe with me.

As far as his talent and why I think he needed to showcase it and not rest on 3 year old data...he is a 59% passer his last few years in the league,  his game was at it's best in a read option,  his age is certainly a question when he hasnt proven to be a pocket passer. 

You said it yourself,  he could be a change of pace guy,  insinuating that he would come in and play a more mobile version of the position.... we know the fall off of athletic skill players that comes around the age of 30 for many guys,  why is it so bad to question the ability of a guy that is 32 and has been out of the league for 3 years?

I am not hiding anything,  I have said all along that I dont see him as starting material and I wouldn't bring the media circus to town for a back up QB.   

A media circus he created through his own actions,  so no I dont feel bad for the millionaire athlete that is reaping what he sowed. 

Jokingly,  if he was half the QB that his proponents say he is,  he could have killed a cop and likely would still have a job in the league.   I was never that impressed with him after the league took the red Jersey off the read option/wild cat QBs.  Once defenses started to be able to hit those guys  the novelty wore off and him and others that were marginal passers started to become less effective.

@"A1Janitor" said:

As a QB, there is plenty of reason to question that.  Hell, when he got his big payday and they kicked Alex Smith to the curb, there were people questioning it.  He was Mike Vick all over.  Freak athlete, fast as a deer, but questionable accuracy and ability to read the defense.  And when his diet eroded the physical, his mental acumen didn't take over.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:

Jokingly,  if he was half the QB that his proponents say he is,  he could have killed a cop and likely would still have a job in the league.   I was never that impressed with him after the league took the red Jersey off the read option/wild cat QBs.  Once defenses started to be able to hit those guys  the novelty wore off and him and others that were marginal passers started to become less effective.
This.

FWIW,  NFL network reporting 2 protesters at the workout...