Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So many questions in Charlottesville...
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Vikes45 said:
@Caactorvike said:
Republican David Gergen (worked in the White House of 4 different Presidents Republican and Democrat) "Trump will never be able to deal with the hate in this country until he deals with the hate in himself."  

People who hate see hate in others.  There is a lot of irrational hatred of Donald Trump in this country.
Really? Irrational? You could probably make that argument for Bush or Obama, but not Donald Trump. Trump is a whole separate thing. A scar on America's great history. He deserves every ounce of anger and fight we as those who believe in the IDEA of America can muster. 

Trump thinks there are two sides to blame at a Nazi rally. Does he say that because he believes it, which is alarming enough, or because he doesn't want to upset the large number of racists in his party who put him in office? I think it's a bit of both. 

But there are not two sides to blame in this. There are racist, hate-filled Nazis on one side and those opposed to that hate on the other.  
I would love to see some numbers on this part.

I know a very larger number of conservatives and a large number of republicans, ( many of whom voted for Trump ((with and without their nose pinched shut)) however,  I know very very few racist people, outward or other,  very few people that I would consider racist.  ( maybe some bias or racial ignorance,  but not racist)

I will say that if you want to talk about creating anger ... i am about to the point of getting violent with people (not you,  just an overall disgust for the broad strokes )  that keep calling conservatives and republicans or even Trump supporters racist by association or default, its simply not true and is very very insulting IMO.

pigs in a blanket fry 'em like bacon

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Vikes45 said:
@Caactorvike said:
Republican David Gergen (worked in the White House of 4 different Presidents Republican and Democrat) "Trump will never be able to deal with the hate in this country until he deals with the hate in himself."  

People who hate see hate in others.  There is a lot of irrational hatred of Donald Trump in this country.
Really? Irrational? You could probably make that argument for Bush or Obama, but not Donald Trump. Trump is a whole separate thing. A scar on America's great history. He deserves every ounce of anger and fight we as those who believe in the IDEA of America can muster. 

Trump thinks there are two sides to blame at a Nazi rally. Does he say that because he believes it, which is alarming enough, or because he doesn't want to upset the large number of racists in his party who put him in office? I think it's a bit of both. 

But there are not two sides to blame in this. There are racist, hate-filled Nazis on one side and those opposed to that hate on the other.  

I know a very larger number of conservatives and a large number of republicans, ( many of whom voted for Trump ((with and without their nose pinched shut)) however,  I know very very few racist people, outward or other,  very few people that I would consider racist.  ( maybe some bias or racial ignorance,  but not racist)

I will say that if you want to talk about creating anger ... i am about to the point of getting violent with people (not you,  just an overall disgust for the broad strokes )  that keep calling conservatives and republicans or even Trump supporters racist by association or default, its simply not true and is very very insulting IMO.
That's pretty disturbing. It's even more disturbing that you don't even see it. How many nazi and kkk parades and celebrations were held after Trump's election? Did you see the "hail Trump" townhall and the Nazi salutes? Did you see former KKK grand wizard  David Duke's comments the other day praising Trump for white washing Charlottesville? 

In the words of a lovely young woman who is no longer with us. "if you're not outraged, then you're not paying attention." All of us should be outraged. 

I guess we now have proof that anti-fascists did indeed attack the Nazi halfwits....

[Image: LULLJy.jpg]

Hate on the part of BLM? Did you dislocated a shoulder trying to twist that logic?

Man, it just doesn't work. BLM is a largely non-violent group opposed to racism and profiling. Nazis are the opposite. When a rogue gunman killed police officers in Dallas, it was roundly condemned by BLM. I'm still waiting for the Nazi condemnation of Charlottesville. Or was that what we heard in Trump's press conference? 
The Nazi groups aren't going to condemn violence, they live for it.  But what about the leaders of the BLM and other black pride groups like Jackson and his ilk?  Are they going to condemn rioting and violence done "in protest"?  I see them flocking to the location to stir the shit, not work for peace.  destruction of property, advocating the killing of police, looting, burning, that is all peaceful, right?

2 sides to the same coin, meant to drive the wedge.

[Image: DHN4SdvXUAAf7NA.jpg:large]

@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Vikes45 said:
@Caactorvike said:

That's pretty disturbing. It's even more disturbing that you don't even see it. How many nazi and kkk parades and celebrations were held after Trump's election? Did you see the "hail Trump" townhall and the Nazi salutes? Did you see former KKK grand wizard  David Duke's comments the other day praising Trump for white washing Charlottesville? 

In the words of a lovely young woman who is no longer with us. "if you're not outraged, then you're not paying attention." All of us should be outraged. 
who says i am not outraged?   and what constitute a large number?  in relation to the entire population that self subscribes to conservative thinking and/or the republican party,  it is a tiny tiny fraction.   I made a pretty large scene a couple weeks ago over a racial comment... but i guess since there wasnt a news story on it I am still racist by association.

fuck that noise,  you think you see it all,  but you are only seeing what they want you to see, the great majority of this country do not subscribe to that shit and are sick of being labeled as such,  maybe if your ilk recognized that before the election you wouldnt be dealing with Trump right now.  keep pissing off middle American and the working class and see how the chips fall.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Vikes45 said:
@Caactorvike said:

who says i am not outraged?   and what constitute a large number?  in relation to the entire population that self subscribes to conservative thinking and/or the republican party,  it is a tiny tiny fraction.   I made a pretty large scene a couple weeks ago over a racial comment... but i guess since there wasnt a news story on it I am still racist by association.

fuck that noise,  you think you see it all,  but you are only seeing what they want you to see, the great majority of this country do not subscribe to that shit and are sick of being labeled as such,  maybe if your ilk recognized that before the election you wouldnt be dealing with Trump right now.  keep pissing off middle American and the working class and see how the chips fall.
Nobody's calling you a racist, Jimmy. At least I'm not. And I have no idea what "scene" you're referring to.

You talk about the pissed off "middle america" as if "my ilk" are all godless, unpatriotic, Ivy league educated vegans. Dude, I'm from Montana. I'm the son of a TV repairman and the grandson of a man who was at Omaha Beach. I served in the military and then worked three jobs to pay for my community college. I hunt, fish, own three guns and I've been going to church on a regular basis for 53 years. I AM middle America. I have a decent job, but only because I worked my ass off to get here. 

But there is a very specific picture of "the liberal" that has been painted for you to despise. And I'll bet it's nothing like the one above. You are meant to be angry at my "ilk." Anger directed at a perceived enemy is what keeps your party together.

Nobody's calling you a racist, Jimmy. At least I'm not. And I have no idea what "scene" you're referring to.

You talk about the pissed off "middle america" as if "my ilk" are all godless, unpatriotic, Ivy league educated vegans. Dude, I'm from Montana. I'm the son of a TV repairman and the grandson of a man who was at Omaha Beach. I served in the military and then worked three jobs to pay for my community college. I hunt, fish, own three guns and I've been going to church on a regular basis for 53 years. I AM middle America. I have a decent job, but only because I worked my ass off to get here. 

But there is a very specific picture of "the liberal" that has been painted for you to despise. And I'll bet it's nothing like the one above. You are meant to be angry at my "ilk." Anger directed at a perceived enemy is what keeps your party together.
That is great to know.  And off the internet, we may have much in common.  But your responses mirror what you are critical of in Jimmy's response.  Most people that support/hope for the best with Trump are not racist, do not tolerate the KKK/Nazi crap and have no contact with people that do.  Your brush paints just as broad as Jimmy's.