Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sigh...Jayron Kearse arrested on DUI, gun charges
Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
At least the young man is not a liar when questioned by law enforcement.  Maybe this will have some weight when facing a Judge in court.
I agree...

Own it, learn from it, if you need treatment - get it...Hopefully the hammer is a velvet one this time around. He's got MN law to deal with in addition to Zimsu, RS and the Wilfs. 

Not a nice position to be in. 

5 misdemeanors

Additional details emerged Tuesday when Vikings safety Jayron Kearse was charged with five misdemeanors in connection with a weekend arrest for suspicion of driving under the influence and possession of a firearm without a permit.
According to charges filed in Hennepin County District Court in Minneapolis, Kearse had in his vehicle a Glock semiautomatic handgun that was loaded with 28 rounds. And, according to Lt. Gordon Shank of the Minnesota State Patrol, one of the two passengers in the vehicle was Mike Hughes, who is a Vikings cornerback. According to the statement of probable cause, Hughes, who doesn’t face any charges, was “throwing up outside the vehicle due to his level of intoxication.”

Yah, I just heard on local news Hughes was in the car, puking all over...Nice

I hope this doesnt have a hang-over effect on the team going into Sunday...

Yep. The drunk passenger puking was Mike Hughes.

Kids making bad decisions: Kearse is 25 and Hughes is 22. They should know better but they are kids. They party and then drive, which I did a shit load of at that age. Doesn't excuse anything but you can understand it. So it takes something to happen to kids (an arrest) for them to modify their behavior, same with most adults actually. It just so happens they are professional athletes and we get to find out when they slip up. They at some level understand they have to be above this stuff, but....they are kids. 

Not the post I thought you'd have, Sticky...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Not the post I thought you'd have, Sticky...
I know, right? Its how I feel for some reason. I'm usually highly intolerant of this kind of stuff. Maybe because Kearse was just 02. over the limit? Or do you mean the gun stuff?

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

So . . . who was the vomiting passenger?  Hopefully not a teammate.  Fun fact:there are 2 DBs from Clemson on this team.  Jayron is one.

Quote: @dadevike said:
So . . . who was the vomiting passenger?  Hopefully not a teammate.  Fun fact:there are 2 DBs from Clemson on this team.  Jayron is one.

Word is...it was Mike Hughes.