Quote: @HappyViking said:
I'm just glad the NDSU Bison led
Eagles team didn't beat us.  Yeah, I went from "All Giddy" to
"Oh Crap" then back to "Yeah, Baby!" in the end; it was
another bi-polar afternoon, and my dog thinks I'm insane.  Oh well, she
got a nice walk after the game so we both had an incredibly nice
afternoon.  B)

Overall, I have no complaints with
our D yesterday.  I'll bet Philly fans can't say that this morning.
Well said!

I came home from USB and walked the doggies too...

Not a happy morning being an Eagles fan today. I should go read some of their head-lines. Wish I had some of their tears to add to my morning tea.

Quote: @greediron said:
Everyone is a great arm chair QB.  And the opposing coaches can't adjust to the obviously great game plan we had for Wentz and the eagles.  Good thing Zimmer lucked into another win
So legit criticism of even the old Prevent Defense is no longer allowed here?

Quote: @FSUVike said:
@greediron said:
Everyone is a great arm chair QB.  And the opposing coaches can't adjust to the obviously great game plan we had for Wentz and the eagles.  Good thing Zimmer lucked into another win
So legit criticism of even the old Prevent Defense is no longer allowed here?
Do you honestly think we were running a Prevent defense to start the 2nd half?  I mean that's the window when Philly scored 10 points and then never scored again in the 4th quarter...

You're smarter than that, FSU.

Whatever it is or is not, when they scored to go up 24-3 it was predictable that the Eagles would go right down the field and score.  In fact, I did predict it as I said to the guys at the bar "the Eagles are going to score on this drive" when they lined up for their first play. I thought it would take more than just five damn plays though.  :/  They didn't play all that well from that point until it was 24-20, obviously.  Luckily they pulled their heads out at that point.

I do wish our running backs would stop fumbling near the end zone at the ends of games.  A 45-20 win would have been a better ass-kicking for the Eagles fans to pout about.  Still, I see the Vikings point differential of +57 is behind only NE and SF in the league (the only two unbeaten teams).  That's a pretty nice stat.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
You know I am. That was some hyperbole to rile up the Forum Police who seem to think you can't say a single damned negative thing after a Win.

So here's some truth: the Defensive Guru who once said he could find CBs that can play Zone at 711 is using his pricey, Man to Man cover guy in zone. Like a lot.

I get the idea of switching to Zone to combat all the misdirection, rub routes etc. The whole League started doing it last year and that's when most of the high powered Offenses started slowing down.

But Belicheat went back to Man late last year against the Chiefs and again vs. the Rams. Zimmer seems to be going the other way playing more and more of it. All that soft coverage can lead to lots of easy pitch and catches ala the 3rd Quarter yesterday.

Frankly, I expect more from a Defense that has that much capital invested in it. 

Saw a bit on the news about how Belicheat showed the League how to beat KC by playing Man. The Colts did it. The Texans dis it. Soft Zone against the Chiefs will result in a big road loss, IMO.

To me there are only 2 explanations: Mike has gone way overboard with his use of Zone or Rhodes has completely fallen off a cliff and Mike is doing it to protect him.

Whatever the case is it's touch to watch so much soft coverage. Even in a win. And Mike is right to post about it.

Quote: @FSUVike said:
@Wetlander said:
You know I am. That was some hyperbole to rile up the Forum Police who seem to think you can't say a single damned negative thing after a Win.

So here's some truth: the Defensive Guru who once said he could find CBs that can play Zone at 711 is using his pricey, Man to Man cover guy in zone. Like a lot.

I get the idea of switching to Zone to combat all the misdirection, rub routes etc. The whole League started doing it last year and that's when most of the high powered Offenses started slowing down.

But Belicheat went back to Man late last year against the Chiefs and again vs. the Rams. Zimmer seems to be going the other way playing more and more of it. All that soft coverage can lead to lots of easy pitch and catches ala the 3rd Quarter yesterday.

Frankly, I expect more from a Defense that has that much capital invested in it. 

Saw a bit on the news about how Belicheat showed the League how to beat KC by playing Man. The Colts did it. The Texans dis it. Soft Zone against the Chiefs will result in a big road loss, IMO.

To me there are only 2 explanations: Mike has gone way overboard with his use of Zone or Rhodes has completely fallen off a cliff and Mike is doing it to protect him.

Whatever the case is it's touch to watch so much soft coverage. Even in a win. And Mike is right to post about it.
Lol, forum police.
Just adding my opinion.  The Eagles won a superbowl over the Patriots with this coach, so they know a thing or two about offense.  Pederson is a damn good coach and kudos to them, they didn't roll over when they went down by 3 scores.
It is a bit different watching this year.  Yes, we have ran more zone, but it isn't a soft cover 2 that everyone knows how to beat.  Our D has been pretty damn good overall this year.  There were a couple times, packers early and Eagles mid-game, that our defense didn't look good.  But the amazing thing, they adjusted and flat our stoned the packers and eagles after a short blip. 

Zimmer had XR man on Julio most of the time and shut him down.  But with the mobile QBs, he seems to go more zone which makes sense. 

I think it was a very fun game to watch. Yes, everyone puckered up a bit when the Eagles cut it to 4, but then we turned the corner and our offense and defense rose to the occasion.  Nobody likes watching soft coverage, but can't really argue with the result.

something to consider.
The Eagles entered Week 6 with the No. 2 3rd down offense but they converted only four of 12 (33%) attempts against the Vikings.

When you're giving up wide open 5 yard completions and the receiver gets another 3 yards before he goes down your Defense isn't going to see a lot of 3rd Downs, so that's a deceptive stat.

The Defense is fine. I'm expecting more than fine. And I bet you dollars to donuts we will see Zone against pocket passers too. I really don't think it's got much to do mobile QBs versus letting guys get wide open off of misdirection or Xavier falling off a cliff like Revis did.

Yeah I like Wentz and all. But it is freaking funny.  How people are ga ga over him.  Stick is with San Diego, Billy Turner is with Green Bay, Joe Haeg is with Indy.  But since Wentz went #2 and is a QB everybody had to become Eagles Fans.  My brother in-law is a true Eagles Fan and he is sick of the player chaser fans.  Also hates that the only jerseys available in Bismarck are Wentz jerseys.