Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I do have to say there was something concerning
I do have to say there was something concerning that I didn't like. We undoubtedly went into a shell today defensively. I don't like that. I understanding wanting to play conservatively with a lead, I get that. But whatever game plan Zimmer has for those times it isn't good. Every time we get a decent lead and do this we give up massive chunks of yardage and points. Today, the offense started clicking again to close out the game. But all it would have taken at one point was a bad series and the momentum could have gone a different way..

Loved the win today. Was very happy with the fast start to the game. 
Is this thing on?

I don't like the turtling up either. I was glad to see the offense respond.

Everyone is a great arm chair QB.  And the opposing coaches can't adjust to the obviously great game plan we had for Wentz and the eagles.  Good thing Zimmer lucked into another win

Was a good win against an above 500 opponent. When they had the lead and the D gave up points, our O responded with points.  Can not ask for much more than that. Like you all I hate when our defense plays soft but if the O can respond like they did today i can live with it. 

One question---I thought they (iggles) kneeled on a kickoff that the player flubbed and in the process he turned and stepped on the goal line/playing field.  Shouldn't tat have been a safety as he touched the ball while being both in play and the endzone and then recovered it in the endzone.

Diggs had a couple of bone headed plays that caused concern - the interception was on him. And looking up field taking his eyes off the ball was bad too. 

I think Rhodes is a weak link ... I think our defense had a few bad plays ... I think the Eagles are good ... I think we are one of the best teams.  

I found no fault with the coaching ... other than I thought Thielen had his second foot down before the knee was down and out and should have had a challenge flag thrown. 

I just don't really like watching us go soft on defense and giving up 17 unanswered points. That might be an offensive adjustment or it might be a piss poor way to lose a game. We have all seen it. 

Quote: @greediron said:
Everyone is a great arm chair QB.  And the opposing coaches can't adjust to the obviously great game plan we had for Wentz and the eagles.  Good thing Zimmer lucked into another win
Today wasn't one of them, but there are plenty of opportunities to bag on Zimmer. I haven't seen anything like this from the Vikings for awhile. Let's hope it was a coming out party and not a, we caught them at a time when they had a lot of injuries, party.
All and all, this was the first game I have seen, where the hope I had, when they first brought Cousins in, has been what I expected.
Aggression on offense and defense is what's necessary to win. I hope Zimmer realizes that.

BTW, Stephanski was amazing today. They keep this up, and stay healthy, they have a chance.

I haven't seen a Vikings team play like today, for a long time. 

I knew the Eagles were going to make a game of it...nfl teams are usually too good to keep bottled-up an entire game.

Eagles on offense are a good team, Jeffrey has always been a thorn to the Vikings and they have some awesome te's too.

Over all I'm ok with the D today and how they handled the momentum shifts -- because we won lol! 

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
I just don't really like watching us go soft on defense and giving up 17 unanswered points. That might be an offensive adjustment or it might be a piss poor way to lose a game. We have all seen it. 
Pederson is a good offensive coach...  Those guys are getting paid too.

He made some adjustments and they scored a TD on their opening possession of the half.  Then our offense had a bunch of penalties on our first possession in the 2nd half... Which gave the Eagles good field position and they got a FG. 

After that, we put the game away on offense and defense.  Shut them out in the 4th quarter.