Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farmers fed up with Trump policies
Quote: @AGRforever said:
@SFVikeFan said:
@Havoc1649 said:
The article sadly is simply political drivel. It’s a well designed talking point for the masses. It’s nice to see a few like AGR provide some reality. It’d be frigging nice though if we could blame everything on Trump, vote and all would be magically better
What parts of it are inaccurate?

Are farmers jumping for joy?  Is losing 80% of the market from your #1 customer a good thing?  Are tariffs helping farmers or hurting them?

Political drivel ... riiiiight.   Right up there with yelling "fake news" about any articles on Trump's policies that are actually hurting Americans rather than helping them.

Every farmer I know thinks the trade war is a necessary evil. Theyre tierd of getting bent over by China on everything. Trump just happens to be the first one with big enough balls to call a spade a spade.  Corn and bean prices had been trending downward from the ethanol highes of the late 2010s and then the severe under yielding year of 2012. 

This to shall pass. 
The dems will destroy this country to hurt Trump.

You can see it in everyday sheep.  

Your source is the Huffington Post, enough said.

New Japan deal in the works.  

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2019/08/2...rade-deal/

China economy on the ropes. 

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-ne...e-tensions
"The yuan has fallen to its lowest level in 11 years as the US-China trade war continued to grip markets.The Chinese currency sunk below to 7.1500 a dollar, the lowest rate since February 2008, on Monday after Washington and Beijing confirmed further tit-for-tat tariffs on hundreds of billions of dollars worth of imports."

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@SFVikeFan said:
@Havoc1649 said:
The article sadly is simply political drivel. It’s a well designed talking point for the masses. It’s nice to see a few like AGR provide some reality. It’d be frigging nice though if we could blame everything on Trump, vote and all would be magically better

Are farmers jumping for joy?  Is losing 80% of the market from your #1 customer a good thing?  Are tariffs helping farmers or hurting them?

Political drivel ... riiiiight.   Right up there with yelling "fake news" about any articles on Trump's policies that are actually hurting Americans rather than helping them.

Every farmer I know thinks the trade war is a necessary evil. Theyre tierd of getting bent over by China on everything. Trump just happens to be the first one with big enough balls to call a spade a spade.  Corn and bean prices had been trending downward from the ethanol highes of the late 2010s and then the severe under yielding year of 2012. 

This to shall pass. 
Every farmer I know has as much understanding of global economics as A1.

Nobody disagrees that China has had the upper hand in trade for decades.

Nobody with a community college education believes tariffs and trade wars will solve this problem.  You see GOP is the king of trotting out failed economic policies over and over expecting different results, like the trickle down/supply side economics theory. 

Last time we tried this trade war shit was the Smoot Hawley Tariff Act of 1930.  Same concept, retreating into a isolationist and protectionist economy to safeguard farmers and manufacturers.  We all know how it  turned out after the Roaring 1920s ... farmers could crack a history book of how The Great Depression started.

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
@AGRforever said:
@SFVikeFan said:
@Havoc1649 said:

This to shall pass. 

Ironic from the side promising to "lock her up" before charging her with a crime.

Your victim card is so 2016 A1 ....

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
@AGRforever said:
@SFVikeFan said:
@Havoc1649 said:

This to shall pass. 
Every farmer I know has as much understanding of global economics as A1.

Nobody disagrees that China has had the upper hand in trade for decades.

Nobody with a community college education believes tariffs and trade wars will solve this problem.  You see GOP is the king of trotting out failed economic policies over and over expecting different results, like the trickle down/supply side economics theory. 

Last time we tried this trade war shit was the Smoot Hawley Tariff Act of 1930.  Same concept, retreating into a isolationist and protectionist economy to safeguard farmers and manufacturers.  We all know how it  turned out after the Roaring 1920s ... farmers could crack a history book of how The Great Depression started.
I'm middle aged (damn it sucks admitting that!!)  I went to an agricultural college and got my degree in Ag business.  The AGR part in my user name stands for Alpha Gamma Rho which is the agricultural fraternity where I met quite a few of my life long farming friends.  Implying that my friends are idiots is disrespectful at best and outright ignorant at worst. 

The folks that should be up to date on what is going on in the commodity markets are the folks that have their livelihoods directly impacted by it.  Namingly those same farmers you seem to have no faith in their decision making abilities.  Most those people have been successful in outside jobs and farming is their second full time job.  Many are, or have been leaders in MN and WI agriculture policy shaping organizations.  Several have held board positions in institutions similar to the author of article you started this thread with.  Suffice to say, just because they disagree with you doesn't make them any more or less intelligent.  It just simply means they have differing opinion and frankly I'd take their word on what is happening in the commodity markets long before I'd ask some jackass in San Fransisco or wherever the SF stands for. 

Smoot-Hawley wasn't the first nor the last trade war that "we" fought.  We've been in constant trade negotiations since the birth of our country.  Even your lord and savoir Obama had trade negotiations.  While I appreciate your passion for your dislike of everything Trump it doesn't make you an expert on all things anti-Trump.  I don't particularly like the guy especially after all the dip shit things he says and tweets.  That being said he and his administration have accomplished quite a lot on trade.  Dare I say it might be the most successful part of his presidency?  The New Nafta (USMCA) is very interesting for agriculture (topic of this thread, there are many positive areas) especially when it comes to the dairy markets.  There has been work with the EU, its allegedly very close per reports yesterday.  Japan and the US sounds like its going to get done.  The UK is negotiating with the US as it Brexits and eventually we're going to get a China deal done.  President Trump will need a China deal at a minimum prior to the election if he intends to extend his white house stay. 

Now all we need to have happen is the House Democrats not sabotage the nation by not ratifying trade deals that actual benefit our country as a whole.  But if we're calling a spade a spade here there has already been democrats that have openly stated they'd welcome a recession to regain power so I don't expect them to do anything at this point to be fruitful to our nation. 

If anyone wants to read on China's bullshit here's some short but decent articles that aren't terribly partisan. 

China on "WHO developing country status"  https://www.scmp.com/economy/china-econo...despite-us
China planted server bug to steal even more intellectual property:  https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2...ort-claims
China manipulating its currency:  https://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall...0ed6ac63e8

@AGRforever said:
@SFVikeFan said:
@Havoc1649 said:

This to shall pass. 

Yes, thankfully Trump is too good at what he does. He'll outsmart everybody.

It's gotta be so easy to swindle you out of your money. Anybody who's fallen for the Trump cult is just so goddamn simple. Just clutch your god and your guns and blame the Democrats...

Quote: @KingBash said:
@A1Janitor said:
@AGRforever said:
@SFVikeFan said:
@Havoc1649 said:

This to shall pass. 

Yes, thankfully Trump is too good at what he does. He'll outsmart everybody.

It's gotta be so easy to swindle you out of your money. Anybody who's fallen for the Trump cult is just so goddamn simple. Just clutch your god and your guns and blame the Democrats...
Can I clutch my guns and not bend the knee at the trump alter?  

Fake news is the Russian hoax.  

Come on.  Say I am wrong.  

It is all coming out.  
“How sad it must be - believing that scientists, scholars, historians, economists, and journalists have devoted their lives to deceiving you, while a reality tv star with decades of fraud and exhaustively documented lying is your only beacon of truth and honesty.”