Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please for the love of god let this be zimmers last year
Hmm, the poster who generates the most automatic agreement (POPS96) and the poster who generates the most automatic disagreement (NJVike) are saying the same thing about a topic. A lot of knees must not know which way to jerk when they read this thread.

I would agree with Bullazin.  Pops has his reasons and Rick certainly isn't exempt from criticism, but as the saying goes, don't feed the trolls.

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
The 4th and 1 with nobody in the backfield to keep the defense honest meant the DB's could camp on the receivers. His clock management when the game isn't already decided int he halfs is pathetic. How he has not gotten better in 5 years is alarming. OUr team identity is ball control and defense in an era that scores 24+ points easily. 
Knowing Zims hands off  approach to the O, I can't lay that one at his feet...clock management definitely not a strong suit...holding Brees to 120 and their running backs to 108 on the ground, all of that with three D starters out...that's says something...

I used to have a man crush on Zimmer, serious love. By the end of the regular season last year the infatuation had worn off. Zimmer is the biggest reason why I have very little faith in this team this year. Zimmer's coaching style is outdated, the game has passed him by literally and figuratively

Quote: @Jor-El said:
Hmm, the poster who generates the most automatic agreement (POPS96) and the poster who generates the most automatic disagreement (NJVike) are saying the same thing about a topic. A lot of knees must not know which way to jerk when they read this thread.
LOL! The Midwest Middle School gang can hate me all they want. I could not possibly care less. For all the tough talk and smarmy ass remarks about my vociferous criticism of Saint Richard, I notice that NONE of the Ryckophants has a response to my question as to WHY they have such blind faith in a GM that has 2 playoff wins to his credit in 13 years (and an equally pathetic record with his previous 2 teams). They just choose to commence with the personal attacks on me (simple minds, simple responses). 

Why no reply to that GLARING issue?  There is no logical reply, that's why. Any lame attempt to excuse it would be pathetic. Hence, kill the messenger! 

As Pops stated, most GM's with such a horrendous playoff record would have been looooong gone. Certainly in big markets.

As far as Pops being bitter? I dont blame him one bit considering Slick Ricks latest screw job of Brian.

But it should be noted that Pop's issue with Schpielman go waaaay back to the beginning of Brian's Vikings tenure. His release did NOT initiate Pop's, shall we say, negative opinions of Ricky.

His FIRSTHAND experience dealing with RS carries a helluva lot more weight with me than the opinions of the weenies on here who blindly goosestep to whatever marching tune Schpielman broadcasts from Eagan/Winter Park. 

Kudos to you, again, Pops. I appreciate an INTELLIGENT opinion!

Peace

Oh yes, definitely I am Bullazin. I will not shy away from that. I have good reason to be. It was RS that had him cut and it reinforces the reason I am bitter. Coaches didn't want him gone. Spielman did and he rules.

Quote: @96POPS said:
Oh yes, definitely I am Bullazin. I will not shy away from that. I have good reason to be. It was RS that had him cut and it reinforces the reason I am bitter. Coaches didn't want him gone. Spielman did and he rules.
i tried to stay out of all the discussions about Brobs release out of respect but now that the truth is out I want to say it really sucks.  I really like tayshaun bower and Tom Johnson, but i cant see how they are better players or better teammates than Brob.  I was hoping Brob would receive the same treatment Newman received.  I respect what i know of Spielmans work and wont bash him , but this certainly casts some doubt on his decision making 

Other than the quarterback and running back positions, Zimmer and Spielman have ignored the offense on this team for years. 5 1st round starters on defense and 1 first round starter on offense (Reiff)
If the team hadn't got lucky with a 5th round WR and an undrafted WR, every fan would be calling for Zimmer and Spielman's heads.
Getting lucky on a couple of wide receivers is ALL that keeps us from being on the same page.

Defense no longer wins championships. Getting a 10 point lead and playing the ball control game no longer wins games consistently.

Zimmer (and Spielman) are both past their prime imo

Quote: @njvike said:
@Jor-El said:
LOL! The Midwest Middle School gang can hate me all they want. I could not possibly care less. For all the tough talk and smarmy ass remarks about my vociferous criticism of Saint Richard, I notice that NONE of the Ryckophants has a response to my question as to WHY they have such blind faith in a GM that has 2 playoff wins to his credit in 13 years (and an equally pathetic record with his previous 2 teams). They just choose to commence with the personal attacks on me (simple minds, simple responses). 

Why no reply to that GLARING issue?  There is no logical reply, that's why. Any lame attempt to excuse it would be pathetic. Hence, kill the messenger! 

As Pops stated, most GM's with such a horrendous playoff record would have been looooong gone. Certainly in big markets.

As far as Pops being bitter? I dont blame him one bit considering Slick Ricks latest screw job of Brian.

But it should be noted that Pop's issue with Schpielman go waaaay back to the beginning of Brian's Vikings tenure. His release did NOT initiate Pop's, shall we say, negative opinions of Ricky.

His FIRSTHAND experience dealing with RS carries a helluva lot more weight with me than the opinions of the weenies on here who blindly goosestep to whatever marching tune Schpielman broadcasts from Eagan/Winter Park. 

Peace

Your right with your rhetoric factual statements regarding the Vikings playoff record, free agent signings and draft picks through the Spielman era.   But simply put for the rest of us, good or bad.  The Minnesota Vikings are our team.  No matter how much you bad mouth the Vikings, it doesn't change anything, they are still our team.  If the Vikings are such an embarrassment to you, move on.  This year, next year, every year, we will still be here with the same hopes and excitement for our team.  As usual, the Vikings will win some more games and you will go silent for a while until you see another opportunity to express you negative opinions.  But that's alright with the rest of us, we don't give a shit either.  

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@njvike said:
@Jor-El said:

Peace

Your right with your rhetoric factual statements regarding the Vikings playoff record, free agent signings and draft picks through the Spielman era.   But simply put for the rest of us, good or bad.  The Minnesota Vikings are our team.  No matter how much you bad mouth the Vikings, it doesn't change anything, they are still our team.  If the Vikings are such an embarrassment to you, move on.  This year, next year, every year, we will still be here with the same hopes and excitement for our team.  As usual, the Vikings will win some more games and you will go silent for a while until you see another opportunity to express you negative opinions.  But that's alright with the rest of us, we don't give a shit either.  
njvike,

As much as I enjoy your relenting criticism of Spielman, and much of it is well deserved, he and Zimmer have done some good things during their tenures so I think it would help your credibility if you would come on once in while when they are playing well to point out the things you like about the team to balance things out. I'm sure you have some very good opinions on other Non-Spielman related topics so it would be nice to see you post some of those once in a while. 

I agree with you on POP's history with Spielman. This built up over time and all came to head with how it ended. Now we know if was the GM that wanted him gone and not the coaching staff so that definitely calls into question some of head scratching decisions by RS on personnel and the meddling POPS referred to.