Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please for the love of god let this be zimmers last year
He is a terrible head coach. 

He cannot manage a clock to save his life and he makes stupid egotistical decisions on his D even when he haw multiple starters out. 4th and 1 and you go for it with an empty backfield in your own half of the field? Oh what's that? It was flips call? No you are the coach call a time out and get it right. 

This guy is a good D coordinator. He is not a head coach. 
Is this thing on?

The reality of the NFL now is you need to be a great offensive team with a decent defense. I'm not sure if Mike will ever find a way to fit in. I agree his game management leaves alot to be desired. Tonight he got cute with going for it on a 4th and 1 at their 45. I normally would have liked it. Except as you say empty backfield and the pass goes to Treadwell. I really was surprised when they snapped it. Wrong time to play catchup with the good offensive minds.

treadwell needs to be less involved.and yes i feel your pain. i never did buy the superbowl hype for this season. Too many new ingredients at key spots. 

The 4th and 1 with nobody in the backfield to keep the defense honest meant the DB's could camp on the receivers. His clock management when the game isn't already decided int he halfs is pathetic. How he has not gotten better in 5 years is alarming. OUr team identity is ball control and defense in an era that scores 24+ points easily. 

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
The 4th and 1 with nobody in the backfield to keep the defense honest meant the DB's could camp on the receivers. His clock management when the game isn't already decided int he halfs is pathetic. How he has not gotten better in 5 years is alarming. OUr team identity is ball control and defense in an era that scores 24+ points easily. 
It's almost like they panicked on the opening drive in the second half when that was not the time to make an extremely risky decision after you already gave them a momentum crushing fumble and touchdown to end the first half. Plenty of time left. Punt it away and let your defense go to work. 

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
He is a terrible head coach. 

He cannot manage a clock to save his life and he makes stupid egotistical decisions on his D even when he haw multiple starters out. 4th and 1 and you go for it with an empty backfield in your own half of the field? Oh what's that? It was flips call? No you are the coach call a time out and get it right. 

This guy is a good D coordinator. He is not a head coach. 
frustrating call on 4th down i agree. we also needed to hurry up much earlier down 3 scores. def bad coaching on those. BUT

Zimmer is the 3rd best head coach in team history.  We were kicking their ass until Thielen dropped the ball with us going in again and they turned it into a TD.

We throw a pick 6 but worse they blew us off the lines on the second half. they are as good a team as us talent wise.  Im not terribly down on this team. 

I know some will point to Adam's fumble as the game changer and it did have a negative effect on the outcome.  But I think this game was lost on the 4th and 1.  It was stupid decision and not worth the risk.  Giving Brees and Co. a short field like that was downright stupid and don't even get me started on the play call with the empty backfield.  Just fucking stupid.

I don't think this will be Zim's last year and I don't really think it should be. I'm a Zim supporter.
But like Mike said, his clock management is terrible. He's also bad on challenges. It's frustrating.

wow.  over react much? 

Went for it on 4th down to get the TD.  Good call?  He won the challenge.  It was a gutsy call.  didn't work so armchair QBs will second guess it.  Guess what, Billicheck did a similar thing.  Even further back.  So what.  That didn't lose the game.  The fumble and momentum swing.  The pick six.  That is what lost the game. 

Quote: @greediron said:8
wow.  over react much? 

Went for it on 4th down to get the TD.  Good call?  He won the challenge.  It was a gutsy call.  didn't work so armchair QBs will second guess it.  Guess what, Billicheck did a similar thing.  Even further back.  So what.  That didn't lose the game.  The fumble and momentum swing.  The pick six.  That is what lost the game. 
It's what we do. I will say what was hard about it was I thought nobody's buying you're going for it. Ok try to draw them offsides when it doesn't work you call time or just take the 5 yard penalty. When they snapped it I was surprised. When they threw it to Treadwell I was more so. When Brees took the opportunity to bury us that was the only thing I wasn't surprised at. So maybe this is why it hurt. Oh well move on.