Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Case Keenum is who Zimmer and Vikes's brass thought he was....
Wow, one 3 bright spots on the team is qb...

Looks to me like we have the best QB here since Favre, right where my expectations were...Room for improvement? Sure, always will be and he'll be his own harshest critic. 

Too bad the rest of the team (sans Diggs and Thielen)  has gone to s hit...

Quote: @Al (The Lochstar) Heurung said:
I live with a hardcore 'skins fan... I've thus surreptitiously watched Cousins for years.  Last year sure, we turned chicken sh*t into chicken salad but that was a one-off and guaranteed a solid dude like Case got a payday to carry him into retirement. Cousins has overproduced behind an abysmal situation for 3+ years now as a starter. He's made throws I haven't seen since the Warren Moon days on this team. (Not dissing Daunte but he was not a finesse QB... launch it for Moss was his MO).  

If, and it's a big iiiiiiiiiiiffffffffff.... the O-Line gels and the Defense finds an identity you're gonna see epic levels of awesome.  I have faith it will come together. We may not be first seed, but the defense will find their core. The O-line will come together.  (if God smiles on us, we'll bring back BRob as a team leader on D)

It will eventually click... the pieces are there... patience my friends Smile
What's your 'Skins fan roomie say about Cousins, is he missed?  I work with a 'Skins fan, and he's always telling me he's glad he's gone.  I can't tell if he means it or it's just sour grapes.  He wasted no time texting me a "I told you so" message immediately after the Cousins fumble last game. 

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@Al (The Lochstar) Heurung said:
I live with a hardcore 'skins fan... I've thus surreptitiously watched Cousins for years.  Last year sure, we turned chicken sh*t into chicken salad but that was a one-off and guaranteed a solid dude like Case got a payday to carry him into retirement. Cousins has overproduced behind an abysmal situation for 3+ years now as a starter. He's made throws I haven't seen since the Warren Moon days on this team. (Not dissing Daunte but he was not a finesse QB... launch it for Moss was his MO).  

If, and it's a big iiiiiiiiiiiffffffffff.... the O-Line gels and the Defense finds an identity you're gonna see epic levels of awesome.  I have faith it will come together. We may not be first seed, but the defense will find their core. The O-line will come together.  (if God smiles on us, we'll bring back BRob as a team leader on D)

It will eventually click... the pieces are there... patience my friends Smile
What's your 'Skins fan roomie say about Cousins, is he missed?  I work with a 'Skins fan, and he's always telling me he's glad he's gone.  I can't tell if he means it or it's just sour grapes.  He wasted no time texting me a "I told you so" message immediately after the Cousins fumble last game. 
I got similar message when Favre threw across the body against the Saints in the CG...Then they enshrined him as Packer great for life 24 mos later. 

I'm glad Case got the big pay-day...But now with clarity, I can see how exposed he was against the Saints and Eagles. 

My hope is similar to Al's - the rest of the surround for Cousins starts to come-around in a hurry. This is a season on the brink only a 1/4 into it. 

Kirk is the best QB the Vikings have had since ‘09.

Case is a great guy, I like him, I hope he does well, but he isn’t as good as Cousins.

i bet Broncoa fans woukd give Case back......we made  a huge upgrade at QB....its not rocket science. 

Grumblings from Denver...

” Whether it’s errant passes to nobody, holding on to the ball too long or making questionable reads, Keenum is clearly off and not the quarterback we were all hoping for. “
&
[Image: 6h8rdbijschd.jpeg]

Quote: @Maple Surple said:
Grumblings from Denver...

” Whether it’s errant passes to nobody, holding on to the ball too long or making questionable reads, Keenum is clearly off and not the quarterback we were all hoping for. “
&
[Image: 6h8rdbijschd.jpeg]
That sounds familiar. Keenum put together an amazing season for us last year, but I agreed with Zimmer that he was playing with a horseshoe up his ass. He did a great job of evading pressure and keeping plays alive, but then he'd throw completely inadvisable passes. Some of it was lucky bounces and some of it was that Diggs and Thielen were good enough to bail out those plays. He did have times where he made up his mind presnap and it often felt like he never got past his first two reads. He still proved that he was better than any of us thought he was, but there was a reason why the Vikings were so hesitant to re-sign him.

The Denver radio spent several days last summer talking about Keenum's exceptional contested catch conversion percentage last season. No joke. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
The Denver radio spent several days last summer talking about Keenum's exceptional contested catch conversion percentage last season. No joke. 
So many pundits were saying Denver got a steal in Keenum, etc. blah blah. He is what he is and its why Minnesota let him go and got a nice upgrade in Cousins. Nothing against Case, he's a great guy and I'm glad he got paid. He'll make a great band-aid until they draft another QB in round 1. 

Quote: @holmanjp said:
@SFVikeFan said:
Love 2017 Case, but he truly caught lightning in a bottle, played with the #1 defense.  Never had to really go to to toe in any shootouts and put up big points.  Nice guy, but Cousins is a clear upgrade.  
It's only 4 games into the season.
Last year at this point MN scored 19.75 points per game.
This year 22.5 points per game.

That extra field goal per game is not that clear yet.
I don't care about what your stats say. Cousins is making some throws that case cant or wont, he is scoring TDs in the redzone.  Cousins is balling at a Top 5 level, Case is not.