Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, I Had A Heart Attack On Sunday
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
That's the weird thing, I pretty much felt fine afterwards...I think that's why it's so easy to ignore what's going on...it's wasn't a chest grabbing, "Elizabeth I'm coming " type thing...felt more like muscle soreness two days out from a heavy workout...
Be grateful it wasnt the widow maker as they call it. Hope you got a good set of medical staff giving you great advice moving forward 

Thank god things went ok. Heart attacks can be so subtle. I bet you’ll be Johnny on the spot if it happens again! Such things are an eye opener. I had a small stroke in March and fortunately went in immediately. I lost some left side vision for a short time and went deaf on the left side so I figured something was up! Turns out I have a genetic clotting issue that makes me clot extremely fast. I use to think it was pretty cool to heal so quick but it turns out it’s a bad deal! Long story short, my already pile of drugs became bigger. I ended up so lucky too and have come out of it well. Had serious fatigue for 4-6 weeks after but other than some movement issues with my left leg all is good. 

Happy to read you are doing well.

I think my next moniker will be "Tough To Kill"...two time cancer survivor and now this...Lol...
BAgoesfor50+

Good think you are a tough old bastard.  Glad you came through.

Damn dude. I skipped over this thread several times assuming the title was just the typical BN hyperbole or pun. I was a bit shocked when I started reading it and it was really about you having an actual heart attack. Scary stuff.
And thanks for posting this. I'm the same way - just ignore whatever the latest old-age body breakdown symptom is and assume it will pass in time.  I guess the stick-head-in-sand strategy has its limits.

Very scary, glad to hear you made it to the hospital before something really serious happened. Best of luck with the recovery and everything moving forward

Wow.  I normally don't click on the "change o' title threads"... didn't think Sundays game was that close...  but finally did on this one.  Glad you got checked out... only a man would think a shower would fix heart attack symptoms...  =) 

What did they suggest giving up to prevent future blockages? 

That's the weird thing, I pretty much felt fine afterwards...I think that's why it's so easy to ignore what's going on...it's wasn't a chest grabbing, "Elizabeth I'm coming " type thing...felt more like muscle soreness two days out from a heavy workout...
Reading this (and your original post of course) is disturbing. I was visiting my dad in MN last summer and as we're eating dinner he started coughing. Stops eating and kind of sits hunched in his chair. At first I'm laughing because I thought something went down the wrong tube but then I realize it has nothing to do with food. He's not coughing now, and his face is completely red. When I saw he was sweating profusely (I mean like it was beading on the tip of his nose) I realized something was wrong. And then he goes, "I can't get any air in. My chest feels tight."

I went to grab the phone and call an ambulance but he got really pissed and - hate to say it - convinced me not to. Starts going, "It's not a heart attack! Stop it!" Has a happy ending since he's "fine" today, but I've always wondered if it was a minor one. 

Primary care physician...
Good answer because you have no need for angel dust right now.

Quote: @"Bezerker88" said:
Wow.  I normally don't click on the "change o' title threads"... didn't think Sundays game was that close...  but finally did on this one.  Glad you got checked out... only a man would think a shower would fix heart attack symptoms...  =) 

What did they suggest giving up to prevent future blockages? 
I'm on Plavicx, which will help prevent further plaque build up and MIGHT reduce existing build up...Mayo is saying there are some non prescription supplements that have shown to reduce plaque...I follow up in a month and we'll get a better idea for a plan going forward...I'm cutting down obvious things to be more healthy...

Quote: @"KingBash" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Reading this (and your original post of course) is disturbing. I was visiting my dad in MN last summer and as we're eating dinner he started coughing. Stops eating and kind of sits hunched in his chair. At first I'm laughing because I thought something went down the wrong tube but then I realize it has nothing to do with food. He's not coughing now, and his face is completely red. When I saw he was sweating profusely (I mean like it was beading on the tip of his nose) I realized something was wrong. And then he goes, "I can't get any air in. My chest feels tight."

I went to grab the phone and call an ambulance but he got really pissed and - hate to say it - convinced me not to. Starts going, "It's not a heart attack! Stop it!" Has a happy ending since he's "fine" today, but I've always wondered if it was a minor one. 
Stubborn old bastards need to be dragged in by their hair because they will die first before getting help.